What's Your Year Of Expat Birth?

rixalex

What class year expat are you?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Does it make any difference to your friendships with other expats, how long you have been living as an expat? I myself find it easier relating with those who have been here at least as long as me. Those who have been here longer i find interesting as i can learn from them, whereas newbies i find can be a bit tiring as they are making all the observations/discoveries/mistakes i already experienced.

I'm a 1999 expat baby. So what's your year of expat birth and does it matter?

easier relating with those who have been here at least as long as me. Those who have been here longer i find interesting as i can learn from them, whereas newbies i find can be a bit tiring as they are making all the observations/discoveries/mistakes i already experienced.

I'm a 1999 expat baby.

My sentiments exactly. I matriculated in 1999 also...maybe we should get together and discuss old times :D

As to the poll...FUGETABOUDIT :o

Edited by JonnieB

Rixalex, you poll doesn’t work because you are, in effect, asking three different questions and each question requires an answer. Correctly, you should have put the whole list of years in one question only.

--

Maestro

I think that the poll is still not working--or I'm not doing it right--anyway,I presume you are referring to our Thai 'Expat-ism'--I was born as an Ex-Pat but was dragged back at 6 yrs old--been hiding in Thailand [Ex-Pat] since New Years day 2000--but why, what's the point? Do we prefer, relate to etc.. others who have been here as long or longer than us--not necessarily as I find some newbies very interesting/entertaining and some Old farts--well, just that and vice versa. It rather depends on how long I go without any farang contact--after a few weeks anyone who doesn't speak Thai can seem interesting, for at least half an hour, anyway.

Edited by haybilly

Rixalex, you poll doesn't work because you are, in effect, asking three different questions and each question requires an answer. Correctly, you should have put the whole list of years in one question only.

--

Maestro

Thanks Maestro. Was forced to divide into three questions because of the twenty answer limit. I didn't foresee that the system demanded pollsters to give an answer for all of the questions. Guess i should have given people the choice of a range of several years, rather than the specific year, to reduce the number of answers. Sorry people. Thanks for those who tried. Guess a job at Mori is out of the question for me now!

:o:D