Pattaya More/less Expensive Than Patong..?

sukatoro

subject pretty much says it all friends, Patong is starting to grate on my nerves for various reasons and considering heading out to Pattaya to check things out next week... curious whether prices are generally the same there for everything, or less/more? things like drinks, lodgings, company, etc... any insight would be great, thx in advance friends..!

EVERYTHING in Pattaya is MUCH cheaper than Patong. I don't consider myself cheap, but Phuket is just a ripoff. I won't go there anymore if I can help it and it used to be my favorite place in Thailand.

In Pattaya, I pay 500 baht a night for a hotel right by the beach and Walking Street (the main tourist area) with air-con, English cable TV a swimming pool and safety boxes - if that tells you anything. The same thing in Patong would be at least 2,000 baht, I would guess.

Edited by Ulysses G.

EVERYTHING in Pattaya is MUCH cheaper than Patong. I don't consider myself cheap, but Phuket is just a ripoff. I won't go there anymore if I can help it and it used to be my favorite place in Thailand.

In Pattaya, I pay 500 baht a night for a hotel right by the beach and Walking Street (the main tourist area) with air-con, English cable TV a swimming pool and safety boxes - if that tells you anything. The same thing in Patong would be at least 2,000 baht, I would guess.

Wow I had no idea I went to Krabi Twice last time 3 weeks pre tsunami & found Krabi to be 50% of Pattaya. My apt aircon.3 room(now swept out to sea) 300 baht a nite alcohol cheaper than Pattaya & taxis the same price. I would think Pattaya would still be more, but I don't know. I did stay in Kata or kathong (the 3rd city in the Phuket ), I think it was Kata for 1 night for 200 baht-2004 -but it was a dump.

Pattaya is not cheap that is for sure!

I live in Patters but visit Patong/Phuket regularly. I would say food is about the same...with Patters maybe a little cheaper, especially with all the cheap buffets. Accommodation is generally cheaper in Patters but there are good-value guesthouses in Patong too. Transportation is much cheaper in Patters, without the tuk-tuk mafia that ruins Patong/Phuket.

Depending on your lifestyle, Patters might be 75% the cost of comparable in Phuket.

In many ways, I also find Patters cleaner (much less sewer smelly) than Patong. And surprisingly enough, less of a honky-tonk too. But the beaches are nice in Phuket.

PATONG is not cheap (Pattaya is the best beach deal around).

I struggle with the concept of beaches in Pattaya. After many visits to Patong and being an ex Pattaya resident I truly think the major difference is the baht Bus in Pattaya being a great way to get around however if hanging out in a million sleazy bars is not your priority and a swim is, then Patong wins hands down (only 900,000 sleazy bars there )even if its a few bob dearer.

PATONG is not cheap (Pattaya is the best beach deal around).

I struggle with the concept of beaches in Pattaya.

I only swim in swimming pools and the beaches in Pattaya look OK when walking around, so I'll go for MUCH CHEAPER EVERYTHING in Pattaya. :o

Eating out in Pattaya is cheaper for sure. I would have thought drinking is cheaper in Pattaya but then I do know Pattaya better than I know Patong. I also believe apartment rentals are cheaper in Pattaya. If costs are your primary concern, sounds like a no-brainer - Pattaya is cheaper.

Can you post the name of your hotel please. I am looking for a decent and secure long stay in Pattaya.

Thanks

It is Honey lodge or Honey... something, but the one near walking street. There are a few Honeys over near Second Road.