Ok I Got The Interview!

I got the interviews and am on my way to bkk the middle of october! What i would like get is a little cultural interview tips. The owners of the companies i am interviewing with are both foreign owned but thai managed for the most part. The one interview will be conducted by the owner i was told with the key management each getting an hour block of time to fill a matrix out of their opinions. I am unsure as my interview style in thailand. Should i use the self confident, more agressive approach(by the way i am an american if that makes a difference) or should i be more humble and thoughtful. Also any tips on the manner of dress that is most exceptable; ie: dark suits, more casual, understated soft colors? I would appreciate any tips thanks....

As before any job interviews, it's good if you can ask HR what documents they would be needing other than your cv, which you should have on hand and also recent pics of yourself. As for attire, usually for men, a suit (I hardly see the jacket being worn unless it's in a big board meeting, but I guess it wudn't hurt) would be preferred, but it also depends on the industry your applying for. I aways think blue works for business always. As for demeanour, mature, semi-serious, confident but with a slight touch of humility always does the trick I find. Answer when you're asked and remain polite and non-offensive or defensive. Never talk badly about your previous employer and when needed embellish what you can remember. Happy interviewing and best of luck!

Thanks for all the Advice ...i didn't want to go in and be percieved as an american sterotype! And i will hope for the best! i am pretty confident though Darkman no company will call in for an interview from America unless they have a pretty good feeling already! but i know it is not a lock! i still have to sell myself! thaks again!

is the thai company paying the travel expenses to come to the interview? if so, even if you don't get the job, a free trip to BKK ain't bad. don't forget to have fun while in town.

BTW, IMHO business in thailand could use a little more american style agressiveness and go getter attitude. maybe that's what they are looking for, who knows?

Thanks for postive outlook i thought pretty much the same thing it is a "free" trip. My wife thought the same thing as you that the american may have an edge with agressiveness. Always suprising to me that here in the USA asians are the preferred employee/student. In Thailand Americans/UK/Aussie are preferred. In any case i have since arranged 2 other interview while i am there!

Lots of hot air in thailand :o

Ha, ha, I can hear your own hot air whistling through you lips, Darknight. Sounds like you've been miffed and would like to assume your experience would be the prominent outcome for everyone. As I always say, never listen to the portent of the doom and gloom of a dark night espoused by anyone.

If you can't hope for anything what's the point?

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Forget past failures and always keep the dream alive.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the tips i just got back and i'm packing! i have the job and the contract! at about 10,000 bht more than i expected. They also included a service apartment for the first year. Yes it was as you said Penelope! So see you in BKK the end of this November!