Bangkok Airways Does It Again & Again....

post-34946-1204360462_thumb.jpg

I was flying with Bangkok air in the past 4 month about 25 times & I just can say, NEVER AGAIN !!!

I will avoid to fly with Bangkok Airways in Future.

They are almost with 80 % of their Flights delate, between 1 to 5 hour (my own experience & others as well).

I dont understand, how they can be "ASIA'S BOUTIQUE AIRLINE" ?????

In one Flight, where the parts of food still on the Seat, in another Flight where the COCKROACHES running around.

Am not counting the Rude Flight-Customers...

my flight today was the worst of all flights before, the meal was so bad, i think, they really dont give good meal anymore.

in the mealbox, a bad smelling cheese pie, small piece of Fruit, which was really not fresh anymore, and the Question:

"you want Coffea OR Juice"...:o

Before, i get both, now i must ask for... :D

I made a Picture of the INFLIGHT MEAL OF >ASIA'S BOUTIQUE AIRLINE<

such a shame...

and they have the most expensive flights in the Country, specially to Samui.

I am not willed, to let rip me off from Bangkok Airways anymore.

Now is Thai Airways flying to Samui, just fly with a real good Airline !

Nice Flight...;-)

P.S. sorry for my english, its not my first & even not second Language...

SamuiRep

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was flying with Bangkok air in the past 4 month about 25 times & I just can say, NEVER AGAIN !!!

They are almost with 80 % of their Flights delate, between 1 to 5 hour (my own experience & others as well).

In one Flight, where the parts of food still on the Seat, in another Flight where the COCKROACHES running around.

my flight today was the worst of all flights before, the meal was so bad, i think, they really dont give good meal anymore.

in the mealbox, a bad smelling cheese pie, small piece of Fruit, which was really not fresh anymore, and the Question:

"you want Coffea OR Juice"... :o

such a shame...

Nice Flight...;-)

SamuiRep

Agree I would rather be ripped off by Thai but they have less flight options, so what to do..

You're absolute right Nirvana,

but there are the normal 2 flights a day with Thai Airways, i will try to get one of these in future & only when there are no other Posibility's, get a Flight with Bangkokair again. thats my way in Future...

it's not only the Food.

once, my Flight from Chiang Mai to Samui had 4.5 hour delay & they gave everybody a Bangkok Air box , filled with smelly-shrimp-fried Rice, 10 of the Waiting and angry Guests run's to bathroom, nice apologize , bon Apetite...

I just want to "shout out", how disapointed I am about the >Best Airline in Asia< ...

they where so good with the Food in the year 2006, why they gone bad...??

but the smiling Bangkok Airway Girls are nice, aren't they ? :o

hm bangkok airways is my favorite airline despite the high prices. agree the food doesn't seem as good these days, but never had a delay and am pleased with their services.

hm bangkok airways is my favorite airline despite the high prices. agree the food doesn't seem as good these days, but never had a delay and am pleased with their services.

I'm with you on this one. See as you find. I have just dropped off my 85year old disabled Mother on a flight to Phuket from here. She lives here and travels at least twice a year on BKK AIR. The service has always been exemplary. Perhaps she gets special treatment because she is elderly, but in comparison to any other airline the Passenger handling, particularly for special needs

pax is first class.

Travelling on shorthaul Eurpean Airlines is a nightmare in comparison. I had the misfortune to fly Heathrow to Brussels on many occasions on both BA and BMA and they simply do not compare. I am not saying that PG are perfect but in my opinion I cannot think of any airline that comes close to their quality of service. :o:D :D

such a shame...

Nice Flight...;-)

SamuiRep

What was Bangkok Airways response to your complaint? Assume you did complain before posting.

such a shame...

Nice Flight...;-)

SamuiRep

I find it very hard to believe that around 80% of flights are delayed between 1-5 hours.

However, delays can occur for a number of reasons. Breakdowns, bad weather, crew shortages, congestion, late passengers......

I have always been asked if I would like water or juice, tea or coffee. What is the point in pouring someone a drink they either don't like or don't want ?

If you find the food is not to your "satisfaction", on your next flight why not order a "special meal"?

You say "Rude Flight-Customers". I assume you mean crew. Could you perhaps give an example or 2.

"how they can be ASIA'S BOUTIQUE AIRLINE".

Because that is what they have named themselves.

"and they have the most expensive flights in the Country".

They sometimes also have some very good offers too.

And as you have flown with them 25 times in the last 4 months, you can now get a free return flight to Samui. That's if you are a member of their Flyer Bonus scheme.

I guess you don't have any complaints about the free beverages, snacks, internet etc in the lounges on departure.

I have had very few problems with PG and will happily continue to use them.

Hi Samuirep

I don't know where you come from, as English is not your 1st or 2nd language.

But you must put a complaint in writing to them, maybe even copy in Bangkok Post.

It's the only way to try to get anything done.

I don't get to fly BKK-Samui very often, I normally drive, but yes the food is lousy, and delays are frequent.

COMPLAIN IN WRITING. :o

25 times in the last 4 months and now you complain? If i had so many problems with an airline i would have changed after the 3rd or 4th flight. Why did you keep flying with them?

You say they are the most expensive, yet you still fly with them.

You don't like the name, "ASIA'S BOUTIQUE AIRLINE"

BOUTIQUE ----ORIGIN mid 18th cent.: French, literally ‘small shop,’ via Latin from Greek apothēkē ‘storehouse.’

I think it fits, it's a small airline right?

I don't know how long the flight is but i guess it is no more than an hour and still you expect gourmet food.

Rude flight customers? So you think the airline should select only nice polite customers? That would mean that someone who wanted to "shout out", how disapointed I am about the >Best Airline in Asia< ... So that would mean you would not get on the flight anyway.

I fail to understand the reasoning behind your continued flights unless you are trying to get into the pants of one of the stewardesses.

Very recently, about two weeks ago, at Samui airport's departure lounge.

SamuiRep is not the only one with written English skill problems.

post-12697-1204423486_thumb.jpg

Edited by limbos

Very recently, about two weeks ago, at Samui airport's departure lounge.

SamuiRep is not the only one with written English skill problems.

Great limbos, have you tried it yet?

Also nidge, as a matter of interest, there was no alternative to Bangkok Airways up until mid Feb. Even now if you need to fly, choice is limited!!

Seems like BKK Airways service is not so good on the Samui routes where they have a monopoly - and they wouldn't be the only business to exploit such a situation - but they're a bit better on other routes where they face TG and others ... Mrs CC and I flew BKK-Krabi with them late last year (as TG was full) and they were fine - even the food was acceptable ...

The laws of supply & demand can never be beaten...

CC

25 times in the last 4 months and now you complain? If i had so many problems with an airline i would have changed after the 3rd or 4th flight. Why did you keep flying with them?

You say they are the most expensive, yet you still fly with them.

You don't like the name, "ASIA'S BOUTIQUE AIRLINE"

BOUTIQUE ----ORIGIN mid 18th cent.: French, literally ‘small shop,’ via Latin from Greek apothēkē ‘storehouse.’

I think it fits, it's a small airline right?

I don't know how long the flight is but i guess it is no more than an hour and still you expect gourmet food.

Rude flight customers? So you think the airline should select only nice polite customers? That would mean that someone who wanted to "shout out", how disapointed I am about the >Best Airline in Asia< ... So that would mean you would not get on the flight anyway.

I fail to understand the reasoning behind your continued flights unless you are trying to get into the pants of one of the stewardesses.

Yours sincirley,

nidge

Customer Member relations Manager BKK Airways

e-mail Noreply@[email protected]

as I dont travel to Samui, there is no need for me to use BKK-AIR.

but then it happened I did fly them to Chiang Mai earlier this year, and I really was NOT impressed. the seat-pitch of their ATR72 was the LOUSIEST I ever had in my entire travel-life of around 200 flights. now that was indeed a flying sardine-can! no budget airline in Asia (and I do fly ALL of them in any ASEAN country) would dare to offer u a seat-pitch like that. there was a fellow-Farang sitting next to me, he was about 190cm tall and was not able to sit in his seat properly. well, it was just a 100 minutes flight (ATR72 is slow), but that was really shocking. the food was below average too (ok, other airlines dont give you anything, but hey, they dont call themselves a "boutique airline". THAI AIRWAYS gave me a lovely supper aduring a very short evening flight to UDON few weeks ago.

All the BKK AIR staff, from check-in, to boarding gate, to Cabin-crew, where not really welcoming or cordial, no "smiles" at all. they were not rude though, "just okay, doing their job". but nothing to be overwhelmed.....

AirAsia's cabin-crew (the THAI AirAsia, that is) are much more lovely, friendly, cheering (while their ground staff certainly is not).

recapitulatory, there is no reason for me to fly BKK AIR in the future, as long as I have other options, such as THAI AIRWAYS or, if I dont need any frills, a cheapo-Budget AirLine (hello AirAsia, I hate u but in the same way I love you).

I still have to learn how they can justify to call themselves "BOUTIQUE AIRLINE". Maybe because of their domestic passenger-lounge with free drinks and internet ? well thats a nice move for sure, though in my case, I didnt have a chance to use it as I didnt check-in very early.

and, to mention another positive thing, their homepage is very good and user friendly. but then that's all about it....

Edited by siam2007

Many times late on longer haul flights, very often miserable service and an attitude less than customer friendly.They have awful vinegar cheap wine and only chang beer of which they seem to have only 8 cans (ok few) as they always immediately run out. I can count at least 4 times bags damaged in Samui by their ground handlers. Too boot they charge an extremely high fair. They are not my favourite carrier and yes i have complained.

Since when have PG done long haul flights ?

"Awful Vinegar". Would you rather "Balsamic Vinegar or Cider Vinegar" Sir. Get a fri99ing life. Who really gives a s41T what type of vinegar you get.

Unless it's for chips.

So the ATR-72 is not to your liking !!!!

Perhaps you should suggest PG invest an a few 747's and a couple of A380's.

If an hours flight on an ATR is too much, perhaps you should get a fri99ing tuk tuk.

You have complained. To whom, how, and what response did you get ? If any !!!

If you dislike the on board food so much, why not bring your own ?. Surely you can knock up a smoked salmon sandwich.

If you didn't use the "free" facilities offered by PG because you didn't check in early, that's your misfortune.

Edited by Shrubbery

"Awful Vinegar". Would you rather "Balsamic Vinegar or Cider Vinegar"

Is it just possible that Nirvana was describing his wine when talking of vinegar?

Yep, it's possible.

It's also possible he/she is talking out of his/her 4r5e too.

completely agree concerning meals, but then what do you expect for an 70 Minutes flight?

I wonder why they bother to serve meals at all - as another poster already wrote: Crisps, Nuts, some beverages would do!

I try to avoid them as much as possible as the ticket price is simply horrendous!

Ok, from the moment they started to do their own catering (in the new building beside the airport) the food is lousy, the seats are small and they don't seem to have much beer on board but can you give me the name of one airline anywhere in the world who does not charge you for changing to another flight in case you miss the one you've booked for? I fly regularly to BKK with the early morning flight but I'm never sure what time I have finished my business. Never had a problem in taking an earlier or later flight back to Samui than the one booked.

There service is super.

Living on Samui I have used PG many times and the meal has never ever been served on a cardboard tray, which is what the posters picture looks like. Have they changed from using their white plastic trays and food holders since I last flew in January.

All

All airlines have some flights delayed now and again due to things beyond their control, we have to put up with that, but no other airline is so easy going as PG. Whether its arriving to check in just 30 minutes before time or changing a flight at short notice, its all "no problem" and taken with a smile. Theres always an alternative to using them anyway, why did the poster not take the ferry to the mainland and then go by bus or train, if he was so upset after the first 10 trips!!!!!!!! :o:D

Since when have PG done long haul flights ?

"Awful Vinegar". Would you rather "Balsamic Vinegar or Cider Vinegar" Sir. Get a fri99ing life. Who really gives a s41T what type of vinegar you get.

Unless it's for chips.

So the ATR-72 is not to your liking !!!!

Perhaps you should suggest PG invest an a few 747's and a couple of A380's.

If an hours flight on an ATR is too much, perhaps you should get a fri99ing tuk tuk.

You have complained. To whom, how, and what response did you get ? If any !!!

If you dislike the on board food so much, why not bring your own ?. Surely you can knock up a smoked salmon sandwich.

If you didn't use the "free" facilities offered by PG because you didn't check in early, that's your misfortune.

Note Longer haul mentioned not long haul

Just to explain as you clealy did not understand = flights to SIN / HK

Wine tasting like Vinegar not vinegar.

When the flights are 360 USD I do not find it reasonable to bring my own food.

No free facilities at origins of HK / SIN.

Its easy for you to send an offensive statement via a forum is it not, I will not lower my self to engage in it.

As for complaints, yes to BKK airways office and staff on board .

I do not understand the "shut-up" rethoric here !

As a potential BKK-Air customer, I know now what I would be subjected to if I ever fly the Samui-BKK route.

And I have to thank this (those) who dare put their experience in common, they spared me some bad events.