Need New Glasses, Progressive Ones!

thaigerd

Just come back from an optician in Patong, a very good one.

Don't wonna get into details now to save your time(and mine):

9500Baht seems to much for me for a pair of progressive glasses or am I wrong?

any other suggestions where to go?

Thanks,

Gerd

I was recently quoted three separate prices from three places in Pattaya, 10K (lower quality), 12K, and 15K respectively. That is for the lens only, doesn't include the frame. I think the prices are lower in the US.

Edited by Jingthing

I was recently quoted three separate prices from three places in Pattaya, 10K (lower quality), 12K, and 15K respectively. That is for the lens only, doesn't include the frame.

I paid about 10K two years ago for mine. Beware though. When you're first getting used to them, you'll be falling down stairs and tripping over everything in front of you.

Thanks,

Gerd

I've used Washington Optics in Phuket town many times, if you go,ask to speak to the boss who's a lady, she speaks very good English and is never pushy, tell her the price you want to pay and i'm sure she'll find you something, they have loads of frames in stock. They're just up the road from the fountain roundabout by the bus station, on the same side as the Siam Commercial Bank.

I've always wondered why optical shops seem to have very nice looking women in white uniforms out front.  Now I know, they get nice commissions for bringing customers in ( much different than having the show piece on soi bangla bringing customers in lol)

Thanks,

Gerd

Seems expensive to me too, I got mine at an optition near the roundabout in Phuket Town near the Markets

Titanium frames the works multishade tint B4,000..

Sorry cant recall the name..Somchai I think..

Progressive lens technology has come a long way in the past couple of years so check out which type of lens you are actually getting. I picked up a new pair in the UK last year and they were not cheap but focal area is much improved and the graduation into and out of near/far vision opticals is barely noticeable