Seek Studio Hua Hin

pablo2081

Astral, Yes, thank you...I seek a 1 bedroom or studio in Hua Hin within 1 or 2 KM from the beach..I can afford 7-10,000 Baht per month for up to 4 months. Paul

Topic moved.

The people here will be better equipped to help you. :o

• 4 weeks later...

vip condo chain is an awful dump , a better bet would be hin naam sai suay condo , soi 7 , the 7 storey building with the yellow roof opposite the ptt station and honda dealership on the main road into town from bangkok.

they should have studios in your price range , its 50yds to the beach down a little lane , there is a good pool , a shop and a restaurant there. a couple of nightclubs at the front as well.

4km from the town centre , with a regular songthaew service on the main road.

in your price range , i think its the best you'll find , the rooms are small 45sq.m. , but if you get one thats furnished decently they can be ok.

just turn up at the office there and ask to see whats available. they usually have a few .

VIP is quieter than the Hin Nam and has less tourists, rooms are larger in general, further out though, but directly on the beach. It really depends on what you like. I have stayed at both and would rent out or stay at either one. Price is similar. To call one a dump and not the other makes no sense to me as both are at the same level.

Small money in either case for getting a pool and being close to the beach with basic services provided.

@BigA

I agree about VIP (never seen Hin Nam). I live there/here. It ain't the Ritz Carlton, but for Bt 6,000/mo, it ain't bad. I don't know what 'taxexile" is on about. I wonder if he lives at Hin Nam.

First, VIP is not a hotel or GH. It's a condo complex that, as I understand, got converted to a co-op after a bankrupcy. Some of the rooms are pretty old, but the place does decent maintenance. The staff is pretty responsive for a service apartment. The food service in the lobby is marginal, but you wouldn't starve. The minimarts cum internet shops are so-so .. but there are 2. The front desk and the office seem always to be staffed .. the front desk is open late, but security at the gate and in the lobby is 24/7.

I get laundry for Bt 500/m picked up at my room, ironed well and delivered. The place has a fitness room, snooker room, reading room, TV room, 2 large pools, direct access to the beach, 2 tennis courts and good security. And it has sufficient parking. I pay the billed rate for water and electricity. I see the hallway in front of my room being mopped daily .. and never any trash.

UBC is available via a rooftop dish. ADSL is available from Maxnet via the in-room telephone circuit. I get the staff to pay my bills .. since I'm lazy as hel_l.

Except for the occasional outbursts of social intercourse from the odd uni student emanating from the hallway, the place is quiet. The place has a pretty strict policy about loud music.

Many of the rooms are owned by the co-op and rented out to Webster students. As a result, the single rooms are often in short supply.

South facing room have a spectacular view of the sea and coastline .. and north facing rooms are significantly cooler.

There is a wet market just north on Phetkasem.

A gradual upgrading of rooms seems to be taking place .. replacing carpeting with tile, repainting, etc.

The lobby is spartan, but spacious, as is the common area.

To me, the place isn't a dump .. it's actually pretty good value.

To call one a dump and not the other makes no sense to me as both are at the same level.

i dont live in either of them , recently i was looking for accommodation on behalf of a friend and went to see rooms in both places , the 3 rooms i was shown in vip condochain were disgusting , there is no other word for it.

dirty , broken fittings and fixtures , mouldy bathrooms , exposed wiring very poor furniture , etc.

the rooms i was shown in hin naam sai suay were of a much higher standard and the general atmosphere around the place was much more welcoming.

klikster paints a much better picture of vip condochain to the one i saw , and as he lives there he would know more about the running of the place than i , as a visitor , would.

i guess the original poster should take a look and see for himself.

Must agree with Taxexile, you cannot compare Hin Nam Sauy with VIP Condo's, they were built in diff decade's. VIP is quite away out, as you are on a budget not sure you would appreciate the ride to Hua Hin or Cha Am on your rented Honda Wave.

Have a look at Sport Villa or Condo Chain.

If you are on a tight budget then look at Cha Am, bargain's compared to Hua Hin, very quite though.

Maybe taxexile and klikster are both right. I recall looking at several units of VIP Chain in mid-2006, and the quality of the available rooms varied considerably, but were reasonably priced for beachfront. As burgernev says, keep looking.

Is there still a problem renting year-round, as opposed to only renting during low season? I think that was why I could not get a one year contract at VIP.

Maybe taxexile and klikster are both right. I recall looking at several units of VIP Chain in mid-2006, and the quality of the available rooms varied considerably, but were reasonably priced for beachfront. As burgernev says, keep looking.

Is there still a problem renting year-round, as opposed to only renting during low season? I think that was why I could not get a one year contract at VIP.

Well, I don't see how that you can be right with a generalization .. especially one such as taxexile made "the place is a dump" .. but that's up to the reader, I suppose. I've seen some pretty ratty units and some pretty nice ones.

As to the term, I'm on a 6 months contract but I had the option of 1 year. It's a mixed bag .. depends on owners.

Must agree with Taxexile, you cannot compare Hin Nam Sauy with VIP Condo's, they were built in diff decade's. VIP is quite away out, as you are on a budget not sure you would appreciate the ride to Hua Hin or Cha Am on your rented Honda Wave.

Have a look at Sport Villa or Condo Chain.

If you are on a tight budget then look at Cha Am, bargain's compared to Hua Hin, very quite though.

VIP was built in the 90's pre-crash right? When was Hin Nam built? 2000?

As for VIP condo being far out of town, if I am not mistaken, isn't it quite close to the Tesco-Lotus mall, right on the songtaew route, nowhere near Kao Takiab? Having lived at Kao Takiab, I thought anything close to Tesco was almost in town.

No, it's located just north of the Dusit.

It is indeed a challenging location for those who spend every evening in a HH beer bar. Quite convenient, however, for those who want a stroll on an uncrowded beach.

I know several people who stay in VIP condo who drink in the bars many night, challenge free :o

I do ask them why they dont save some of that beer money and spend it on renting somewhere half decent though

Burgernev

You seem hel_l-bent on running down the place. Is there some particular reason?

No, no particular reason.

Just that some people rent places and do not know, until after it's too late, what the place is like.

If you inspected in the day, you won't know about student noise in the night

Cheers,

Edited by Burgernev

I was renting a 1-bedroom for 8,000 baht a month, Aug07-Feb08, on 23rd floor of VIP; the room was clean and almost spotless. Owner never showed up to give hassle. Electricity never went out and water was adequate. Ask the receptionists downstairs they earn commission on rents and sales they will be happy to show you rooms. The compound was clean and it was very quiet. I liked the place a lot because I worked in Hua Hin and had to meet all sorts of people so VIP was a great hideaway for me. As for Webster uni students, you will see them walking around like other tenants who don't go to Webster. You won't be bothered like in downtown ones if that's the question. One thing to keep in mind, it's far out from both Cha-Am and Hua Hin cities. You either need to have a car or a telephone number of a taxi driver.

Now we have a place in HH Condochain the staff are very friendly. The building's as old as VIP and there's no major flaw. Old buildings guarantee that the foundations and structures are strong enough so it didn't fumble down during the past 20 years. Rent at HH Condochain for a 1-bedroom is no lower than 20k a month though. Good thing is it's just in a walking distance to downtown.

To answer PB, the reason why landlords won't give out a year contract is because most of the cases they have bookings during high season (Nov-Mar) so they can't promise one year option. Try 2 or 3 years with at least a year deposit, they might consider the offer.

Edited by jayhech

• 2 weeks later...
I was renting a 1-bedroom for 8,000 baht a month, Aug07-Feb08, on 23rd floor of VIP; the room was clean and almost spotless. Owner never showed up to give hassle. Electricity never went out and water was adequate. Ask the receptionists downstairs they earn commission on rents and sales they will be happy to show you rooms. The compound was clean and it was very quiet. I liked the place a lot because I worked in Hua Hin and had to meet all sorts of people so VIP was a great hideaway for me. As for Webster uni students, you will see them walking around like other tenants who don't go to Webster. You won't be bothered like in downtown ones if that's the question. One thing to keep in mind, it's far out from both Cha-Am and Hua Hin cities. You either need to have a car or a telephone number of a taxi driver.

Now we have a place in HH Condochain the staff are very friendly. The building's as old as VIP and there's no major flaw. Old buildings guarantee that the foundations and structures are strong enough so it didn't fumble down during the past 20 years. Rent at HH Condochain for a 1-bedroom is no lower than 20k a month though. Good thing is it's just in a walking distance to downtown.

To answer PB, the reason why landlords won't give out a year contract is because most of the cases they have bookings during high season (Nov-Mar) so they can't promise one year option. Try 2 or 3 years with at least a year deposit, they might consider the offer.

Gee's

You walk to downtown Hua Hin from Condo Chain? What do you do at the other end, have a 3 hour massage before the walk back? My hero.

Edited by Bochum

• 3 months later...

hey i am a student at webster but i rent from condochain hua hin and I pay 6500 a month. The room is a little smaller than those at vip but I agree with the other poster the rooms I was SHOWN at VIP felt dirty. Also they wanted 8,000 a month for them. Plus the beach infront of VIP is not the greatest the one in front of HH is much nicer!!

anyway good luck with ur search

• 2 weeks later...