Beast Or Human

Sign or No Sign,

Thai or English

It wont matter All hel_l will break loose

It will be the Falangs fault and you will need to pay compensation for sure

Likely be queuing with the buffaloes all along the Soi

Cynical maybe

But I would stick with a normal fence

If you do require an Electric fence try Homemart most major towns have them they will be able to source all requirements for you

Regards

Shaggs

Edited by shaggs2004

Hi

NO IT"S NOT LEGAL.

Matey put it to protect to his fish ponds in Ubon and against the cows to get in to his land.

Abt the year ago one old skinny lady try to reach dropped mango inside mateys land and got hooked even fence is european standard 12v for cows, you can just image the result,, all kind of hel_l broke loose,and matey end it up to pay and dismantle his cow protection fence.

I did asked from our builder about this same issue and he said that some of the thais are keeping it inside they yard, but again illegal even when it's inside your own land.

lesson learned was in here at least, DONT BUILD IT, UNLESS YOU LOOKING FOR TROUBLE.

I've two questions:

1) Are they legal?

2) If yes, where can they be purchased?

The wife doesn't seem to know much about them, but insists they're not allowed. Just wondered if anyone could clarify this.

Are you talking about electric fences for animal control or security?

Both are perfectly legal in Thailand. Animal control fences are everywhere, even in zoos.

If you are talking about electric fences for security they are also perfectly legal. However it is ILLEGAL to electrify barbed wire or to connect a fence of any description to the household supply I.e 220v AC.

Electric security fences manufactured and installed worldwide are "regulated" by IEC 60335-2-76. Thailand is a signatory of IEC. These fences are considered non-lethal and are just very unpleasant as is a properly installed animal fence.

You can get electric security fences from Wasp Perimeter Security Systems in BKK. Wasp Security

I've two questions:

1) Are they legal?

The wife doesn't seem to know much about them, but insists they're not allowed. Just wondered if anyone could clarify this.

Both are perfectly legal in Thailand. Animal control fences are everywhere, even in zoos.

If you are talking about electric fences for security they are also perfectly legal. However it is ILLEGAL to electrify barbed wire or to connect a fence of any description to the household supply I.e 220v AC.

Electric security fences manufactured and installed worldwide are "regulated" by IEC 60335-2-76. Thailand is a signatory of IEC. These fences are considered non-lethal and are just very unpleasant as is a properly installed animal fence.

You can get electric security fences from Wasp Perimeter Security Systems in BKK. Wasp Security

But try telling them that :o

Naka.

I've two questions:

1) Are they legal?

Hi

Legal? as they did not legalized thos in Ubon, but maybe just saying maybe they are legal IF legalized security firm install them, not by private person.

btw could not open your wasp security page.

I've two questions:

1) Are they legal?

Are you talking about electric fences for animal control or security? The latter.

I couldn't open your link, but I've just found their website through google.

Thanks for the info anyway.

I couldn't open your link, but I've just found their website through google.

Thanks for the info anyway.

Just for curiosity I'm trying the link thing again. Maybe I did it wrongly the first time. Or gremlins are in the works.

Wasp Security. This is clicking the insert link box

www.wasp-security.com This is just typing

EDit: Aah the insert kink doesn't work.

Edited by VocalNeal

Mike Rust the founder of Wasp Security is a straight shooter and very knowledgeable about legal professional installed Electric Fences for Humans. He can show you samples and explain the products at his office in Bangkok near BTS station (E 8) Phra Khanong . He will e-mail a good map to you, has a web site in Thai and English as well as a color brochure with numerous photos in Thai and English that he can post in the mail. Once you give him exact measurements he can send you a written price quote and contract in English. His firm is doing our installation next month and I will post photos on Thai Visa Forum. He installs warning signs every so many meters that conform to legal requirements and are in Thai and English.

This whole thread just amazes me... :D

Really happy I don't live in your neighbourhoods...must be really bad feeling so unsecure you need electric fences to protect yourself... but okay, each to their own I guess. :o

Edited by Gimbo

• 9 months later...
I've two questions:

1) Are they legal?

can find in thailand ,look thaifrance supply co ltd ,web site manufacturefrance .com import from France and is legal in Thailand

This whole thread just amazes me... :D

Really happy I don't live in your neighbourhoods...must be really bad feeling so unsecure you need electric fences to protect yourself... but okay, each to their own I guess. :o

Gimbo, it's apparent that you don't live here and that you are amazingly naive.

can find in thailand ,look thaifrance supply co ltd ,web site manufacturefrance .com import from France and is legal in Thailand

I notice that thaifrance has copied verbatim their text on "Why Electric Fencing" directly from Wasp Security's website.

As the saying goes " Imitation is the sincerest form or flattery" :o

Edited by VocalNeal

HI,

Just wanted to add my bit on this.

I have got an electric fence set up around my house.

I have a 6 foot wall surrounding my house with a 3 strand overhang barb wire on top. Inside that i have screwed in the insulating rings and run the electric fence wire.

I purchased the engergiser, inuslators and wire off ebay, as the unit come from the US it is 110v so i got a transformer from home pro. But I have now purchased a solar panel and a car battery so the unit runs its self without any cost to me.

I have it all rigged up the garage and have put a switch on the wall so the GF can turn it on and off easy. I am still thinking of adding an additional switch inside the house... as we all know how lazy the thais can be...

I also got some thai signs warning high voltage from Global and put them on the wall....

And to help with this the boss man told the locals I have a big gun and if they come near my house....

If you are naive enough to think you dont need any protection, then crack on. Have a good detterant and keep the thieves out.

Also get a dog or 2, my 2 are on the ball anyone comes near the place they bark like mad.

If I were going to break into a home with an electric fence, the fence would help me. I'd cut the wires to see what happened. If nothing happened, I'd assume that no one is home and go on in.

"If I were going to break into a home with an electric fence, the fence would help me. I'd cut the wires to see what happened. If nothing happened, I'd assume that no one is home and go on in"

You are thinking like a Farrang in this comment, this is pure magic to them all... Unless they are some skilled outback burglar they wont even mess with it...

I also have a dummy camera on my front gate..........

The best of it is, i have even had the local cops around and they have been waving at it..... PMSL

If you take the time to design it properly, it does not have to look like some prison.

I have a large garden area around the house about 1 rai so the place is not closed in.

I like to live my own Farrang life without every Tom Dick and Harry coming around when they feel like it to have a look.

The people in the village do not take offence and I get on great with them all, I dont cut myself off from them just because I have a nice protected house.

• 1 month later...
I've two questions:

1) Are they legal?

is not legal if you have 110v or 220v out on the wire ,but if you have electric fence energizer conform norm CE ,is 100% legal ,you get 9000volts to 15000volts on the wire look manufacturefrance.com

• 4 weeks later...

Just a wild guess, they might get a shock, the siren might activate and the signal might go to the local Police department. So much easier for a thief to throw a truck floor mat over a barbed wire fence which will make no noise, not shock him and not contact the police.