Samui Ferry Fares To Rise

Sorry, but so why not move over to the mainland????

You live on an island, you wanted to do so- so don´t complain about the "Samui charge"

Maybe someone can tell me the area/country, where the prices go down??

BTW, gasoline is for free in some arabian countries.... :D

Because my home for the past 19 years is here? Because my husband is from here? Because my husband's family is here? Because we have a house and business here? I hope those are enough reasons to satisfy you. :o

i think his point is, most of us chose to live here, its always been more expensive than the mainland so don;t complain.

KPN (and i guess samui too) is still one of the best places in Thailand and world to live so i guess we'll have to deal with the price increase.

however, as a house builder here, i've seen building materials shoot up 10-20% in 3 months which is putting a lot of people off buying land and building here, or at least scaling back projects.

my comment was not personal to SBK.

it was generally to the discussion about rising prices- it´s a global problem.

And if some companies have good reasons to rise their prices, the other will follow of course(with or without "good" reasons).

I think, the increasing is by far not as big as in other countries of the world(europe, US etc.)

If you compare, how costs for oil, electric, gas, food, taxes..... went up in the western countries within the last few years, you should realize, that Thailand is still a "small and cheap Paradise".

(especially for expats and retired people with a montly income on a "Western" level.)

Actually, I wasn't complaining about the ferry price increases. I understand that prices rise. I also understand that any transportation based industry will have to raise its rates as the price of fuel goes up. I think it was Mark that was complaining :o