Sukothai Residences

The location is first class, so is the finishings, design and of course the price!

It's the developer's first residential project in the country but they are the same owners as the hotel, and the hotel as I'm sure you are aware is excellent!

Only you can judge if the price makes sense, to you.

:o

The location is first class, so is the finishings, design and of course the price!

It's the developer's first residential project in the country but they are the same owners as the hotel, and the hotel as I'm sure you are aware is excellent!

Only you can judge if the price makes sense, to you.

:D

Looked on the website. But on reading somewhere else, about 200,000 a metre? 20m for a 100m2 condo? :o

RAZZ

The penthouse fetched considerably more than that!!

starting price 200,000 per sqm, the penthouse went for 330,000 I think; show unit is a work of art. Location is not bad.

Personally, i think the building is fairly nondescript exterior, that the layouts of the show unit aren't actually indicative (every room has had a room knocked out to make it more spacious) and it is fact that they may claim that the foreigner/Thai ratio is 50:50 but that the foreigner allocation is sold out already. Hence this debate about the dual pricing to get Thais to buy it.

Location wise, locals don't really like it as the number 1 choice in the city, as it has no BTS/underground access and so by default it is going to be a lot of traffic to get in and out with no choice of other ways. At least for me, the view is not for certain, it is reliant on the Gay paradise Babylon remaining a gay village rather than being developed up (that's the green you see) and that side of Sathorn is not as nice or classic as Sala Daeng. For instance, my guess is the Met would be considered a better location in some respects than the Sukhothai.

Work of art, but then again I am a bit so so on the whole Sukhothai hotel anyhow; seems like Amanpuri to me; a European's effort to look Asian rather than truly capturing the essense of Thailand. And yes, I've stayed in both including the villas at Amanpuri. Beautiful but not remotely practical in the rainy season.

But that's just me, there certainly are enough people who love the Sukhothai to make it sell out and also to ensure that the prices rocket up. It really is a one of a kind at the moment in Bangkok.

I notice they are doing some heavy advertising in the papers about the residence , Sathorn road is a carpark in the morning and worse at night , not a great position for my taste , but the thb 200 psm seems a bit on the high side , curious to know what real sales figures are from both Thai and Foreigner side

I checked it out....

very good imo....within the wonderful compounds of the Sukhothai Hotel (29 rai?) and the condo grounds itself sitting on 7 rai of title deeds (but only 5 rai or so for the actual condo juristic person)...

THREE entry ways.....hotel entry on South Sathorn Road.......Sathorn Soi One (Nantha) in the side.....Soi Suan Plu 8 of the other side....

however if you wanna walk to the Subway station you have to walk past the YMCA, Sathorn Q House, German Embassy, JUSMAG and finally the Lumpini Q House, but its doable if your not using a walking stick :o ...

AMENITIES:

very good within the condo zone and also...... as an extra bonus you get to use hotel gym and pool on weekdays, 15% discount at hotel restaurants and bars, and 10% at the spas (30% discount on hotel room rack rates)

Virtual Tour

PRICE:

high price....average B220K psm for normal condos ....about 187 units

but 9 penthouses have even higher prices psm....

e.g., Largest Duplex Penthouse (~1189 sq meters) sold at a record price over B408 Million (B343,798 psm) (HK$7,828 per sq. ft.)!

BUILD TIME:

around end of 2011/ start of 2012

SALES:

they have already sold out the foreign 49% quota except for a few penthouses...

so if youre non-Thai, can only buy on leasehold basis now...(or through a Thai holdco...etc.)

Edited by trajan