Advice Form Aussies!

Advice form any Aussies.

For the past 4 years now i rely on my ANZ Visa Debit. everywhere i go. Seoul and bangkok i just use the ATM everytime i need to fill the walet up for the next week.

I know there are a few fees in using it. i also have bangkok bank account. i deposited 200 baht in to it Do activate paypal like 6 months ago. but i never use it anyway.

I go to the ATM about 4-5 times a month.

Is this a normal smart thing to do?

Should I get my Brother to Send money Via Paypal? western union? Or over the counter In to a Bangkok Bank? 30 to 50 K month only. depending if its a good month.

I'm not retired I'm only 26.

And i just notice at this very second my Debit card is about to expire. ####!!

I have to fly there for a new one eh?. need a new B visa anyway.

Cheers in advanced or any advice for saving a few bucks here and there

The Wizard Mastercard does not charge for overseas withdrawals or transactions, you can track the account online, the only problem I have had was when I put extra cash onto the card to cover some withdrawals it confused the system. A call to their call centre sorted it out. Transfer from existing account by Bpay cost nothing but takes a couple of days. This keeps the costs down a little.

Transferring to your Bangkok bank account may cost more than $25 per transfer, depending on the type of account you have with ANZ, they have some accounts with minimum balance requirements that will reduce this charge.

Paypal costs 5% for credit card transaction and fixed amounts for transfer to accounts depending on the amount, it also takes some time so may not be worth the effort.

I think your money cost you 4 dollars ATM charge and 2.5% processing fees plus 1.2% charges

I was a bit in your situation, relied with ANZ visa and National visa for years,

Few years ago I start to see costs for withdraw and purchase ( as currency processing fees or other ), the exchange rate the card give me was good!

First I ring my two banks and after telling them I am cancelling my card , they offer not to charge me for the annual fees ( gold cards )

After one year I stop with ANZ because I received the charge of the annual fees and then I need to phone to them to get a refund (what they did) but nonsense for me.

National keep no annual fees without this inconvenient.

What I am doing now, is to ask a friend to TT transfer from my Bank National Australian to my Thai account, he need to be very firm to said he want Australian dollars to be send, the cost is minim ($45) and you get the telex transfer rate