Tourist Visa At London Thai Embassy

I intend on purchasing a tourist visa at the London Thai Embassy with an Australian passport. I understand the Embassy is at 29 Queen's Gate and the time to apply is between 0930 and 1230 Hours and that the cost is 28 Pounds.

Is the application for a tourist visa a 1 day process and is an Australian passport any problems? I am not familiar with anything in UK as I will be holidaying there, just wondering if anyone can forsee any problems at all, thank you.

I intend on purchasing a tourist visa at the London Thai Embassy with an Australian passport. I understand the Embassy is at 29 Queen's Gate and the time to apply is between 0930 and 1230 Hours and that the cost is 28 Pounds.

Is the application for a tourist visa a 1 day process and is an Australian passport any problems? I am not familiar with anything in UK as I will be holidaying there, just wondering if anyone can forsee any problems at all, thank you.

You should have no problems with an Aussie passport. I'm pretty sure the Embassy takes 2 working days to process the application, but someone please feel free to correct me on this - the last time I was there I just left my passport with them for a week, since time wasn't really much of an issue. I believe the UK Consulates are much faster. Quite a few people seem to reckon the Thai Embassy in London (as opposed to the UK Consulates e.g. Hull) are a pain in the ass, but I've always found them to be friendly and helpful. Sometimes they can get ridiculously busy at random times and the visa pick up can be a pain - same window for people applying for Thai passports which invariably takes forever. Nearest tube is Gloucester Road (District & Circle lines) - pretty straightforward walk from there. Good luck and enjoy London...

mk

Thanks MKAsok,

By the way if I have a tourist visa in my passport and I don't want to utilize it on a 12 day visit to Thailand can I ask Immigration to give me a 30 day stamp instead? Can I save the tourist visa for a second 60 day part of my Thailand visit or will they force me to use it for the 12 day visit?

Thanks MKAsok,

By the way if I have a tourist visa in my passport and I don't want to utilize it on a 12 day visit to Thailand can I ask Immigration to give me a 30 day stamp instead? Can I save the tourist visa for a second 60 day part of my Thailand visit or will they force me to use it for the 12 day visit?

That's an unusual one.

Naka.

Thanks MKAsok,

This is quite common, I have asked several times for the immigration official to waive the TV in favor of a visa exempt entry without any problems - even when they are left to count up previous multiple VE dates to see if I have bust the 90 in 180 day rule.

Why should they not allow this? Many times I have needed to apply for a TV ahead of time and transit Thailand for short periods interim without need to use it. Embassy locations and scheduling for a busy on the go bloke like myself make it a necessity;-)

• 8 months later...
Can somebody please recommend a travel agency that will apply for a Thai visa on my behalf? I would rather send my passport there than apply in person.

My travel agent in Switzerland does visa applications for clients who can’t be bothered to do it themselves, for a fee, of course. Ask the travel agent where you are buying your ticket if he offers this service.

--

Maestro