Maximum Cash Allowed To Be Taken Out Of The Kingdo

Well if you check the threads, if you dont take money out on a visa run they wont let you back in... I just thought it might be one of those wonderful TiT moments if we were only allowed less than 20k cash out of the country but had to bring 20k back in.

Considering the 10 or 20k needed to come back into the kingdom what are you allowed to take out in cash..

You are talking about baht, and that has been answered. One can take $USD 10,000, or its cash equivalent out of Thailand without a problem. Beyond that

you will need to have declared the money on the way into the Country.

One can take $USD 10,000, or its cash equivalent out of Thailand without a problem. Beyond that you will need to have declared the money on the way into the Country.

Unless the rules have changed recently, I beg to disagree Doc.

Bht 50,000.00 is the maximum one can take out of the country in cash. Any more than that and it will need to be approved by the Thai Ministry of Finance.

Some time ago I had reason to transfer monies in excess of Bht 50,000.00 to the UK to pay some outstanding bills there. Thai Farmers Bank (as it then was) conducted the transfers after obtaining copies of my bills to present to the Ministry of Finance on my behalf. All went smoothly and the transfers were completed.

One can take $USD 10,000, or its cash equivalent out of Thailand without a problem. Beyond that you will need to have declared the money on the way into the Country.

Unless the rules have changed recently, I beg to disagree Doc.

Bht 50,000.00 is the maximum one can take out of the country in cash. Any more than that and it will need to be approved by the Thai Ministry of Finance.

Some time ago I had reason to transfer monies in excess of Bht 50,000.00 to the UK to pay some outstanding bills there. Thai Farmers Bank (as it then was) conducted the transfers after obtaining copies of my bills to present to the Ministry of Finance on my behalf. All went smoothly and the transfers were completed.

As I understand it Jaye, a bank transfer requires approval of the BoT whereas the cash doesn't ( there are limits on the amount of Thai baht taken out )

That is also my understanding... By having a Tor Tor 3 (is that the correct form) showing input of money into Thailand you can them move it out again trouble free..

My issue is I wire money every 3 months or so and despite bringing in 3 mil or so in the last 2 years each individual wire is under the Tor Tor 3 limit.. My bank (who are not the easiest people in the world if anythig makes extra work for them) have refused to give me any proof of money coming in the country.. Who could I discuss this with in an attempt to record my money movements.

Secondly if you present an invoice (to yourself) it is sure that you can send the money abroad.. I myself own Offshore company formations and could easily provide invoices for 1 mil baht for legal advice, market research, etc.. I am informed by Phuket Law that if the invoice is clear and legible and lists a known international bank as the payee it will always be allowed.. Any comments on his words ??

That is also my understanding... By having a Tor Tor 3 (is that the correct form) showing input of money into Thailand you can them move it out again trouble free..

My issue is I wire money every 3 months or so and despite bringing in 3 mil or so in the last 2 years each individual wire is under the Tor Tor 3 limit.. My bank (who are not the easiest people in the world if anythig makes extra work for them) have refused to give me any proof of money coming in the country.. Who could I discuss this with in an attempt to record my money movements.

Secondly if you present an invoice (to yourself) it is sure that you can send the money abroad.. I myself own Offshore company formations and could easily provide invoices for 1 mil baht for legal advice, market research, etc.. I am informed by Phuket Law that if the invoice is clear and legible and lists a known international bank as the payee it will always be allowed.. Any comments on his words ??

From what I see he is correct. If it looks bona fide, it is bona fide. I do find that SCB is willing to go an extra mile to help me. Is it time to move the account ? I believe that commercial banks are obligated to maintain and report foreign financial activities.

You can take up to US$10,000.- or equivalent in FOREIGN currency out of the country. If you want to take out more it must have been declared when you entered Thailand or a letter from the BoT is required!

A maximum of 50,000- Baht (Thai currency) can be taken out of the country.

As for banks not providing info about foreign fund transfer:

This happens to us frequently. A customer sends the funds to Thailand but his bank uses a bank other than ours as the entry point, typicaly HSBC (our bank is Kasikorn). The receiving bank forwards the funds to our bank in Thai Baht - hence - our bank is not even aware of the fact that the funds came from abroad.

We have to ask our bank which bank remitted the funds and then contact this bank to obtain the foreign funds transfer evidence from them.

Sending money out of Thailand:

As a private individual it is quite easy and fast (at least at Kasikorn). In May this year I sent 3,000.- Euro to my sister based on an invoice she sent me stating "comission" for helping me find customers in Europe. Only documents required were the invoice and my PP. And it was VERY fast, from bank to home took me 25min. when I arrived at home there was an e-mail that the money had already arrived! in the past it took 1-2 days but this was the fastest ever.

opalhort