Thanks To Helpful Thais

intumult

Yippeeee!!! I move tomorrow. No more living in apartments.

Now have a rented, unfurnished house. Air con, ceiling fans, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 living rooms, a kitchen, car parking and a balcony. All completely redecorated for me moving in too. With telephone and internet to come soon.

All for the massive sum of 3k baht per month and 5k deposit and the condition I rent for 6 months minimum.

My new Landlady is falling over herself to be helpful. She wanted to sell the place for 650k but my ex g/f persuaded her to rent it to me on a long term basis with 6 mth rolling contracts.

Considering my present 'apartment' is 2,700 mth and Teuk Thai apartments were 4k mth + parking + tv + fridge, I feel I am in heaven, or will be tomorrow.

Not easy to find good housing in the middle of town here in Nakhonsawan, never mind finding houses to rent but I drove many kilometres with the satnav on and jotted down co-ordinates with telephone numbers and the ex g/f did the phoning ( ermm, haven't told the current g/f who helped get me the place either LOL ).

All I need now is the g/f to allow me a mia noi or two for the other bedrooms :o

With 2 Thai friends helping me move tomorrow, I can only wonder at how helpful people here have been and been helpful with patience and a lot of understanding too. Looks like I'll be buying them a few beers as a way of thanks.

Now have a rented, unfurnished house. Air con, ceiling fans, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 living rooms, a kitchen, car parking and a balcony. All completely redecorated for me moving in too. With telephone and internet to come soon.

All for the massive sum of 3k baht per month and 5k deposit and the condition I rent for 6 months minimum.

My new Landlady is falling over herself to be helpful. She wanted to sell the place for 650k but my ex g/f persuaded her to rent it to me on a long term basis with 6 mth rolling contracts.

Considering my present 'apartment' is 2,700 mth and Teuk Thai apartments were 4k mth + parking + tv + fridge, I feel I am in heaven, or will be tomorrow.

Not easy to find good housing in the middle of town here in Nakhonsawan, never mind finding houses to rent but I drove many kilometres with the satnav on and jotted down co-ordinates with telephone numbers and the ex g/f did the phoning ( ermm, haven't told the current g/f who helped get me the place either LOL ).

All I need now is the g/f to allow me a mia noi or two for the other bedrooms :D

With 2 Thai friends helping me move tomorrow, I can only wonder at how helpful people here have been and been helpful with patience and a lot of understanding too. Looks like I'll be buying them a few beers as a way of thanks.

No offense, but with a lifestyle that regards a 3k house to rent as some kind of luxury, it would stretch the imagination somewhat to see you forking over for one mia noi let alone two. :o

thanks for posting the positive experience you have had. refreshing to see this as opposed to a lot of the less than positive comments that I come across on the site :D

happy new home :D you will need to have lots of beer, whiskey, soda and ice for the housewarming me thinks

expect the whole street/mooban to be invited :o

gravelreash... the price is not important, cheap as it is and that is an added benefit, it is being able to live in a house :o

MiG16 - The whole street? I suppose I can afford it on that peppercorn rent. And YES it is nice to have such helpful people about after all the negativity here.

slackula - nah. Thais love loud music and alcohol :D

All I need now is the g/f to allow me a mia noi or two for the other bedrooms :D

No offense, but with a lifestyle that regards a 3k house to rent as some kind of luxury, it would stretch the imagination somewhat to see you forking over for one mia noi let alone two. :o

No offense, but with a lifestyle that regards a house this size ok, and I would, there will be a lot of money left to spend on other nice things. Like a mia noi. Or two.

Get out of of the big cities a bit and it can be surprising what a few thousand per month rent can get you. I had a spare million and seeing how the interest rates on offer were so poor I ended up buying a house that sounds similar, spent 100 thousand sprucing it up with some fresh paint, new tiles, new cupboards, a bit of plumbing and electrical work and I have to say it doesn't look bad at all. One thing you can usually say about Thai people is that when it comes to moving they have to be some of the most helpful people around, all for the price of a good feed and some liquid refreshments :o

Schluckebier - agreed

Jeffer - will be worth a few beers too and da_n good to be out of an apartment too.

Bought a new bed today with mattress 5K. Wardrobe + 2 bedside cabinets 5,100.

Looking forward to this a LOT.

Not too many small places come with grass out my way, more likely tiles or concrete. One of the easiest ways to add value to a place is to lay down some tiles over any outside concrete, quickly lifts the look of a place for only a small investment.

For a rental place then you need to get yourself down to the local market and find the places selling earthenware pots and pot plants. Half a dozen medium size pots or those wooden rectangular containers that hold some herbs, some plants, some small statue type things, arrange them around the entrance or just outside the fence and you have another inexpensive upgrade. Just take a look at what the neighbours on your side of the street have first so you can see what will survive best in the heat and be guided by how they place their plants. Some plants and pots shouldn't cost you more than 2000 baht, well worth it.

Good for you look likes you found yourself a real COZY place ENJOY! :D:D:o:D:D