New 90 Online Reporting System In Suan Plu

Today I went to do my 90 report!   Fearing the worst I put aside an hour, as it normally take this much time alone to get through the que.

I was given a que ticket and form and after having filled it in got to the window and was astounded to see my que number was well past!   I apologised to the "man" sitting behind "a computer" and gave my passport and form to him.  NO more women leisurely scrawling on our bits of paper.

He put my passport number into the computer and checked that my address was the same and then stamped my bit of paper and gave it back to me.  This was in all of 3 minutes!   I was shell-shocked!   Right after this it took all of 3 large Champaynes in the back of the Maybach to regain my composure.

Has anyone else had this sort of utopian experience!

Badbanker

Edited by Badbanker

I'm sorry but what is the "new" part of this 90 day reporting process?

I have been reporting in Pattaya for 3 years and except for the wait in que the process usually takes about 3 minutes. I arrive with a prepared form from my printer and get a ticket in que,,,,,,,,,at Pattaya usually about 10 in que. In and out in no time.

What am I not seeing or reading in your post? I am only on my second cup of coffee this morning so maybe I missed it?

Now if they changed the process so a person only needs to show up if they actually move and change addresses than I would say they made a change,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but still going every 90 days is no change for me,,,,,,,,,

Edited by longball53098

I believe he is talking about the officer entering information directly into computer; instead of doing it later. That was being done at the One Stop Service Center when it was still located on Ratchada two years ago so is not something new - the new One Stop center does not directly enter into computer as of two months ago. But as it only takes about 2 minutes it is not a major factor. What we are anxiously awaiting is a true on-line reporting system so that visits/mailings are not required. Jomtien seems to have a system designed but it has not gone on-line yet as far as I know.

Did my 90 day yesterday in Mukdahan. No problems as usual,only takes about 20 minutes including waiting in the que.

I would love to complete this process on line. Do you have to go/report to the office closest to your address or can you report anywhere? If you can report anywhere, I assume I can report to the office listed in the above link. Anybody know the ins & outs of this process?

did mine not so long ago took me seconds and no form filling just a look in the pasport then the stamp on the paper slip him 200THB i know its a free stamp the 200 makes sure i am in and out in seconds next time

Pattaya (Jomtien) Immigration Office does appear to have an online reporting system (URL below). Can you use this if you reside in Bangkok or is it only for Chonburi/Rayong, etc. residents?

http://www.pattaya-immigration.org/dform/form_tm47.php

I'm wondering if the provided link is a fake.

***.org for a government agency????

and what about the misspelling "FORM FOR ALIEN TO NOYFY OF STAYING LONGE THAN 90 DAYS "?

opalhort

Pattaya (Jomtien) Immigration Office does appear to have an online reporting system (URL below). Can you use this if you reside in Bangkok or is it only for Chonburi/Rayong, etc. residents?

http://www.pattaya-immigration.org/dform/form_tm47.php

I'm wondering if the provided link is a fake.

***.org for a government agency????

and what about the misspelling "FORM FOR ALIEN TO NOYFY OF STAYING LONGE THAN 90 DAYS "?

opalhort

That is Pattaya (Jomtien) Immigration's website. And seeing mispellings and misuse of English words in Thailand (even government agencies) is commonplace.

All of last year it would take at least 45 mins to do the 90 reporting! This year was the same.

What has changed is that the reporting is now done directly into a computer and it has been streamlined considerably.

Really there is no reason that this could not be done on line from home.

In Bangkok you used to have to wait 30-40 mins to get to the desk and then 15 mins to check your bit of paper. This last time I took my time after getting the form and the que ticket and my number was already called. This was a shock! Then the guy pumping the info into the computer in front of me was also a shock!

BB

Edited by Badbanker

I've been reporting at Suan Plu for years and have never had to wait more than a few minutes, whether in the old office upstairs or downstairs as is done now.

did mine not so long ago took me seconds and no form filling just a look in the pasport then the stamp on the paper slip him 200THB i know its a free stamp the 200 makes sure i am in and out in seconds next time

I pay for my reporting as well.

Usually about 36 baht as I send it EMS and it is back in a couple of weeks with no hassle.

It seems the rule of thumb for all types of visas is you need to present yourself at an official location at least once every three months. I am going out on a limb here, but I always assumed the puprose of this was to make it easy and relatively quick to catch wanted people. Why else would they give out visas valid for one or even five years yet you still have to produce yourself somewhere every 3 months? If my thinking is right, which it might not be, then online reporting would be just a pipe dream.

It is 90 day address reporting to keep records current. There is no requirement to present yourself anywhere and it can currently be done by mail or by a third party; so there is absolutely no reason it could not be done on-line.

Online reporting will be great when it happens,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what would be better is reporting only if you have a change to report,,,,,such as moving to a new address? Or some other change related to your location,,,,,,,but,,,,,,,,online would be great none-the-less.

Do NOT send your passport.

Notification by registered mail

Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)

Copy of arrival/departure card TM. 6 (front and back)

Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)

Completely filled in and signed notification form TM. 47

Envelope with 5 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days to

90 DAYS REGISTRATION, ROOM 206

IMMIGRATION BUREAU,

507 SOI SUANPLU,SOUTH SATHORN RD.,

THUNGMAHAMEK SATHORN

BANGKOK. 10120

Sorry I normally wait for a long time at Suan Plu to report for 90 days!

This time was exceptional, because my info was input to the computer directly and and my address was checked against the one in the system!

I imagine that if you are wnated this would be the time that they say please come into this room with us please!

The man inputting the data into the computer said it was only in use for a few days and still had some bugs that where slowly being worked out!

Last year at my visas extension My family and I vividly remember sitting for 45 mins to report for 90 days.

BB

did mine not so long ago took me seconds and no form filling just a look in the pasport then the stamp on the paper...

If there was no form, what was the paper on which the immigration officer put a stamp?

--

Maestro

It seems the rule of thumb for all types of visas is you need to present yourself at an official location at least once every three months. I am going out on a limb here, but I always assumed the puprose of this was to make it easy and relatively quick to catch wanted people. Why else would they give out visas valid for one or even five years yet you still have to produce yourself somewhere every 3 months? If my thinking is right, which it might not be, then online reporting would be just a pipe dream.
I believe the reason for the "InPerson" reporting is they have a requirement to report to your Embassy that you are still alive and well and living in Thailand. That is the reason for identifying you with your Passport. So you also have an option to report with the properly filled out form to a local police station. By the way, I live in Surin, so I just drive 90 Km to Kop Choeng and give the nice lady my thousand baht and my passport...she stamps the Passport and gives me another appointment slip for 90 days later.

No Problem

Bob

By the way, I live in Surin, so I just drive 90 Km to Kop Choeng and give the nice lady my thousand baht and my passport...she stamps the Passport and gives me another appointment slip for 90 days later.

What thousand baht? Or is this some strange local Isaarn cultural quirk, I need to learn about!

Badbanker

Thailand does not report to any countries that you are living in Thailand. They could care less if your home country knows whether or not you are living in Thailand.

Also, why are you paying any money at all? There is no fee for the 90 day reporting requirement.

I believe the reason for the "InPerson" reporting is they have a requirement to report to your Embassy that you are still alive and well and living in Thailand. That is the reason for identifying you with your Passport. So you also have an option to report with the properly filled out form to a local police station. By the way, I live in Surin, so I just drive 90 Km to Kop Choeng and give the nice lady my thousand baht and my passport...she stamps the Passport and gives me another appointment slip for 90 days later.

No Problem

Bob

Hi, previously I have been reporting in HQ back in BKK. But its bit far for me to get there as it takes all most 2 hours to get there and more if the traffic is bad. So am wondering if I can report at any local immigation office nearby..

please advise if any one know...

chuk

Excuse me I'm kinda new to this forum. But I've been reading a lot of the posts that people have sent in with some interest.

Are people saying that you can actually do your 90 day report without having to leave the country?

I’m currently on a non B visa but have been flying down to Penang every 90 days which is beginning to be a pain in the a***. If you’re telling me that you are able to report to an office in Thailand then that’s great news.

If anyone can give me more info then that’d be greatly appreciated.