Cheap Bodybuilding Supplements?

a1falang

Hi all, any bodybuilders or gym regulars here? Looking for a better deal on whey protein, creatine and other non-steroid bodybuilding supplements than GNC. Their prices are outrageous, easily twice that of the U.S.! :o Aren't these kind of products also produced locally or regionally, instead of being imported from the U.S. and Europe? Amazing that steroids here are cheaper and more readily available than legit supplements! :D Any advice greatly appreciated.

• 3 years later...

either use that link that siamsam posted or get them imported in BULK.

DONT IMPORT A LITTLE BUT BULK. Why? Because if you only lets say buy a few things and shipping might cost you on it say $60 fedex/ups eg 3kg but you could buy say 18kg for say 180kg not hard to see the saving.

Using sites like bodybuilding.com(theres a discount code for 10%), bulknutrition.com(code for 5% OR you can negotiate a discount on a big bulk order), vitacost.com(5%code), iherb.com and many more vitacost ships UPS international express at ALMOST the same prices as bb and bn etc charge for NORMAL international mail and ship order if recieved before 2pm est SAME DAY which means you get whatever within 2-3days.

DONT IMPORT A LITTLE BUT BULK. Why? Because if you only lets say buy a few things and shipping might cost you on it say $60 fedex/ups eg 3kg but you could buy say 18kg for say 180kg not hard to see the saving.

Using sites like bodybuilding.com(theres a discount code for 10%), bulknutrition.com(code for 5% OR you can negotiate a discount on a big bulk order), vitacost.com(5%code), iherb.com and many more vitacost ships UPS international express at ALMOST the same prices as bb and bn etc charge for NORMAL international mail and ship order if recieved before 2pm est SAME DAY which means you get whatever within 2-3days.

You neglect the fact that the import duties will be horrendous and quickly bring the price back to what we are paying here.

You neglect the fact that the import duties will be horrendous and quickly bring the price back to what we are paying here.

I have no idea about import duties in Thailand so thats something you have to check. But if its like every where else it cant be that much and will vary depending on item and when your buying the items so much cheaper to start with might be better. in OZ for egg you can buy a total value upto 500 and not pay any duties. In some other places on a 800usd package(eg whey, mv, fish oil etc) you might end up paying about 20 in duties.

Sampam,

Are you sure these sites will ship to Thailand?

I'm not looking to body-build :o but I am looking for some other herbs and supplements...but beforeI waste a ot of time on any of thesites you mention I'd like to be surethey will ship here. Wasted a lot of time on a ot of web sites only to find out after my order was placed that they wouldn't....

Sheryl: The problem I found with Thailand with these companies is plainly put its considered high risk due to high fraud figures. Its like sending to Indonesia or Nigeria.

HOWEVER they will gladly deal with you so long as you can secure your payment. What that means for example is: a photocopy of your CC(the one your using to place order) front and back(inc signature), a copy of the utility bill showing your name and address, any other documentations such as copy of your bank statement(showing name/address), copy of passport etc.

Once you supply them with all those necessary info then your set and you can order away. You only do it the one time and then your "account" is considered safe and you can permanently keep ordering from them without any future hassles.

Once or twice I asked specifically for their manager because the lacky behind the phone just kept saying no but once i proved everything they were happy.

I have no idea about import duties in Thailand so thats something you have to check. But if its like every where else it cant be that much and will vary depending on item and when your buying the items so much cheaper to start with might be better. in OZ for egg you can buy a total value upto 500 and not pay any duties. In some other places on a 800usd package(eg whey, mv, fish oil etc) you might end up paying about 20 in duties.

Briefly put, Thai Customs are not like everywhere else and they're a law (if that's not ironic, I don't know what is :o ) unto themselves. Importing items like this is basically a lottery - you'll get hit for whatever they feel like.

My suggestion would be to work harder in the gym.

many products re body building can be dangerous and pumping up your muscles quickly can be harmful.

just like dieting,why do people buy pills,all you need to do is eat less and eat the right things.

I cannot understand why people want to look like somebody from another planet,walking round,looking like you have had a footpump inserted up your ass and plenty of air injected.

I always laugh when i see a bodybuilder walk,looks like he has been out to buy a roll of carpet and he has lost the carpet but doesnt know(his arms away from his body,walking like a monkey).

I had 2 mates(brothers who pumped up and both finished with small testicles and no power in sperm,and both died before they were 30.both had erectile problems too and looked like blimps.

I asked a Thai bodybuilder here about this once- his response was that it had been tried to produce powdered whey and so forth locally but apparently the Thai varieties grown at the time didn't have enough protein, or something. He also used to ask *me* if I knew a cheaper source.

The best chance you would have- it's worked for me before- is to have someone buy it for you in your home country, then send it to you as part of a package of other stuff. If you're lucky, they won't notice it (of course, make sure you take off any outer packaging and don't include the receipt in the box as my family did once...). If they notice it, they *will* tax you for it.

Or you could bring it with you on the plane, but of course that's not cheap either, really.

"S"

• 2 weeks later...
My suggestion would be to work harder in the gym.

many products re body building can be dangerous and pumping up your muscles quickly can be harmful.

just like dieting,why do people buy pills,all you need to do is eat less and eat the right things.

I cannot understand why people want to look like somebody from another planet,walking round,looking like you have had a footpump inserted up your ass and plenty of air injected.

I always laugh when i see a bodybuilder walk,looks like he has been out to buy a roll of carpet and he has lost the carpet but doesnt know(his arms away from his body,walking like a monkey).

I had 2 mates(brothers who pumped up and both finished with small testicles and no power in sperm,and both died before they were 30.both had erectile problems too and looked like blimps.

go tell him what you think of him....... once you do, i predict many people will laugh at what happens next :o

• 2 months later...

I tried importing my own from overseas websites and it was ok sometimes. Other times I got hit with big duties. In the end it wasn't worth all the hassle.

In the last couple of years there is more and more protein etc appearing in Thailand and you get the safety of knowing that the company you buy from is actually here in the country and the price is settled. No more lotteries wating to see what the sods at customs hit you with.

Bulk stuff from www.thaisupplements.com is good and a cheap option. They also sell Musashi brand from Australia and will give wholesale prices and free delivery if you get in touch directly.

Here's hoping prices continue to drop but I gather it is mostly due to high thai customs duties.

I tried importing the stuff. The problem was they only accepted western union. That is not a big problem but they wanted it made out to a company. That was the problem because the thai forms for western union only let you send money to persons. Else i would have ordered a lot of that stuff. In thailand you get ripped off (price wise) compared to Europe and USA.

And what PJ11 is saying.. they are not cheap you still pay too much with them. With the low dollar ist better to import.

Don't need, Don't need, Don't need SUPPLEMENTS!!!!!!! I never understand the Bodybuilders love of supplements. ALL the nutition you need, you get from food. If you need to supplement drink plenty of MILK - the best quality protien supplement there is.

Forget "Whey" protien ( the byproduct of dairy fermentation) and certainly don't take Creatine unless you want to radioactivate your liver (latest findings are very scary).

MILK and SQUATS. Old timers did it this way. Supplements don't help one hiota. I don't care how they're packaged/marketed etc

Chinese proverb --- " If 200 million people do a stupid thing, it's STILL a stupid thing " - hence the mass production/consumption of supplements by the masses.

The only person who GAINS from supplements is the person who sells them to dummy bodybuilders :o

MILK and SQUATS. Old timers did it this way. Supplements don't help one hiota. I don't care how they're packaged/marketed etc

Old time bodybuilders looked like pussies compared to now. Steroids and amphetimines are the breakfast of champions! :o

Don't need, Don't need, Don't need SUPPLEMENTS!!!!!!! I never understand the Bodybuilders love of supplements. ALL the nutition you need, you get from food. If you need to supplement drink plenty of MILK - the best quality protien supplement there is.

Forget "Whey" protien ( the byproduct of dairy fermentation) and certainly don't take Creatine unless you want to radioactivate your liver (latest findings are very scary).

Chinese proverb --- " If 200 million people do a stupid thing, it's STILL a stupid thing " - hence the mass production/consumption of supplements by the masses.

The only person who GAINS from supplements is the person who sells them to dummy bodybuilders :o

Doing deadlifts / squats / benchpress and others.. the only supplements i take are protein powders and they do help. Others im not too sure about that is why i only use protein powders and fishoil. I just think protein poweders are too expensive here.

I don't think MILK is a good quality source of protien, because it is difficult for the body to digest. read this in a book.

Hi all, any bodybuilders or gym regulars here? Looking for a better deal on whey protein, creatine and other non-steroid bodybuilding supplements than GNC. Their prices are outrageous, easily twice that of the U.S.! :o Aren't these kind of products also produced locally or regionally, instead of being imported from the U.S. and Europe? Amazing that steroids here are cheaper and more readily available than legit supplements! :D Any advice greatly appreciated.

Instead of telling you how to live your life and tell you what is right and wrong (like a few other posters here), I'll offer some help since I am sure you are all grown up now and a big boy and can make your own decisions.

There is ProFlex protein powder. I heard it was local and is a bit cheaper than the imported stuff. You can find it at a health food shop in the bottom floor of Home Pro building at Ploenchit and Wireless Rd.

I'm no expert, but I hope that helps.

CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND SUPPLEMENTS TO INCREASE ENERGY DURING A WORKOUT ?

something like a non-addictive form of Red Bull energy drink.

If you want you can drink stuff like gator ade you can buy it in 711. Personally i only drink water during my workout. But i restrict my calories if you dont have to do that then go for it.

CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND SUPPLEMENTS TO INCREASE ENERGY DURING A WORKOUT ?

something like a non-addictive form of Red Bull energy drink.

I sell it and it is the best sell product in my company 15 years already. :D:o Just inform you ok? Do not want to disturb. Maybe it is work and fit with you.

• 1 month later...

If you are looking for Creatine Monohydrate supplements, then local brand "Giffarine" make this in tablet form. Price is expensive, mind, at around 650 Baht / bottle (60 tabs). They are marketed as Giffarine "Fit And Firm". They purport to include grape juice to increase absorption. Take at own risk. :o

GNC currently have a sale on own brand creatine. Members buy 1 get 1 free, or they also had some discounted from Bt 2,500-ish to Bt 1,950 (500 grams). They also had AST brand discounted from Bt 1,550 to Bt 1,250 for 525 grams.

ProFlex whey protein is selling for Bt 890 for 700 grams in the chemist next to Boots in Carrefour, Rama 4. GNC in Tesco, Rama 4 sell it for Bt 1,350.

As for "cheap" supplements, I don't think there are any options to get them cheaply in LOS. This is one of the reasons why I stopped taking supplements.

I am not a comeptitor, nor an athlete. I just need a balanced diet, and a regular exercise routine.

I would be real careful about importing any supplements. A friend, who used to own the shop where I bought supps in Hawaii, sent me a six month supply of everything I used to take (worth about $2,000). The Thai customs seized it as a commercial shipment without a license. They told me that I could only bring in one month's supply a at a time. So the next time, I ordered supps for my girlfriend and me, one month's supply each. But since they were all addressed to me, they seized them again!

Now I have gotten a GNC Gold Card which gives me 20% discount on certain days and announcements of specials. When I am careful and pay attention, most items end up costing around 50% of their shelf prices. Not to mention the absolutely spectacular GNC umbrella, GNC gym bag, GNC travel bag and GNC travel coffe mug.