When Will The New Walking Street Sign Be Completed?

media

Its been 3 months already since they removed the walking street sign, there is never anyone working at the site,

now they have put up some large ugly black poles. and they seem to have gone back to "Nakon Nowhere" for another 3 months..

If the sign is not ready yet, why not leave the old sign UP! at least pattaya would have a sign at its flag ship street. I bet new tourists who visitied pattaya in the last 3 months were not aware that they were walking in the famous walking street. i bet they just called it "that street with all the lights at night"

I cant understand why it takes months to do this sign change. I bet they have spent the budget and done a bunk. its the only explanation for teh fact that it doesnt seem to be getting done. its it going to join the rest of the unfinished pattaya projects like the Widening of Thapraya road to jomtien :o

It is strange. The old sign seemed perfectly adequate if they just fixed the neon. That new thing

looks herky enough to anchor a few battleships to? I swear, sometimes they just get appropriated

funds for projects and it's like they just must spend it on something? Some of those projects on

the beach road are a good example. have you seen those faux art fiberglass scuptures which

are now all broken? they undertake this massive project to have a sub ground level tunnel

for wiring etc., except now is is basicially a channel to collect and hold water everytime it rains?

Anyway, back to the sign. I'm guessing they're going to have some advertising on the top,maybe

like those LCD signs on sukumvit? but like you say, the sign project seems to have stalled? :o

You have to realize that in Asia everything moves slowly. Nothing is done quickly here. Also Thai people like new things. You can see this on many products in Thailand.

Barry

You're saying it would take 3 months to put a new sign up in Tokyo?

Or Singapore ?

I figure that with the upcoming election (for mayor of Pattaya), that the sign won't get finished at all.

What will happen is someone will make a new proposal to the new Mayor, to construct an even bigger, better sign (with even bigger and better "incentives" to be paid if their proposal is accepted).

When accepted, there will be a (lengthy) delay before de-construction of the existing (unfinished) structure begins. Then another (lengthy) delay before the new construction can begin. If all is planned properly, just before the (newest) sign is completed, it will be time for the next election, and they can start all over again !

They have an equally impressive sign on the South end near bali-hai disco or whatever it's

called. At least the neon works on that one? Everything south of soi 16 seems to have gone

heavily Russian, what they have that new b-52 club is it? and that whole complex there. Nothing

wrong with that the arabs have their own city near marine 2. I'm not sure who's laying claim to

soi 6 anymore? There don't appear to be any genuine females employed there now? :o

• 2 weeks later...
Its been 3 months already since they removed the walking street sign, there is never anyone working at the site,

now they have put up some large ugly black poles. and they seem to have gone back to "Nakon Nowhere" for another 3 months..

If the sign is not ready yet, why not leave the old sign UP! at least pattaya would have a sign at its flag ship street. I bet new tourists who visitied pattaya in the last 3 months were not aware that they were walking in the famous walking street. i bet they just called it "that street with all the lights at night"

I cant understand why it takes months to do this sign change. I bet they have spent the budget and done a bunk. its the only explanation for teh fact that it doesnt seem to be getting done. its it going to join the rest of the unfinished pattaya projects like the Widening of Thapraya road to jomtien :o

what was wrong with the old sign?

m

• 4 weeks later...

Here we are a couple of months further down the road and the project still appears to

have remain stalled. That is like the beacon for the entire street, can't believe they

dismantled the old one to replace it with this half-finished hulking steel wreck. :o