British Embassy To Close For A While

My girlfriend had everything ready and her appointment booked at the embassy for 6th may,they have now contacted her and said due to all the problems at the moment with this prostitution business they will be closing from 9th may-20th may and re scheduled her for the 22nd.

she is thinking we havn`t a cat in hells chance of getting her the tourist visa now

im just keeping my fingers tightly crossed!!!

Neil.

I have heard of no major Prostitution issues of late and I can see nothing on their web-site stating a closure.

Anyone?

Moss

there has been a large prostitution ring busted in the UK. involving Thai women. I dont understand why the Embassy should close for this though.

My girlfriend had everything ready and her appointment booked at the embassy for 6th may,they have now contacted her and said due to all the problems at the moment with this prostitution business they will be closing from 9th may-20th may and re scheduled her for the 22nd.

she is thinking we havn`t a cat in hells chance of getting her the tourist visa now

Neil.

My opinion...?.......Rubbish.

The British Embassy in Bangkok closing because there is a problem with prostitution in England ?

I think something else's going on...like new stricter rules and possibly replacement of staff and (therefore) rescheduling interviews...OR it has something to do with: see below: :o

There is nothing on the BKK website; no news, but it could be this:

"in 2007 a record number of foreign national prisoners, 4,200, 80 per cent more than the previous year, and around 14,000 failed asylum seekers and almost 50,000 non-asylum cases were removed, the highest level since 2002;"

From: LAUNCH OF BRITAIN’S NEW UNIFIED BORDER AGENCY (04/04/08)

http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/F...d=1203956273965

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

I have heard of no major Prostitution issues of late and I can see nothing on their web-site stating a closure.

Anyone?

Moss

there has been a large prostitution ring busted in the UK. involving Thai women. I dont understand why the Embassy should close for this though.

I haven't heard this, but this will not bring down the inner workings of an institution, so I agree with you.

Moss

I'm just guessing here....but they may be "closing" their scheduled visa interviews in BKK for that period of time to do some re-tooling or changing their policies, and thus bumping back all their scheduled sessions during that period.

The bust in London of the prostitution ring may be having some ripples here.

But that's a far different thing than temporarily "closing" the embassy..... which seems rather improbable.

Anyone?

Moss

I haven't heard this, but this will not bring down the inner workings of an institution, so I agree with you.

Moss

They are probably investigating if one individual was involved in issuing all the respective visas.

We put my girlfriends tourist visa application pack in late on Wednesday this week and collected her passport with Visa on Friday so no slowing down of the system or related problems for us. Needless to say that after some of the horror stories regarding visa applications on this forum we were a very happy couple.

However we do have a child together so maybe this helped?

There is no news of an interruption to the visa application process at Be Bangkok on their website either as a consequence of UKvisas' incorporation into the new UK Border Agency or Thai prostitution in the UK.

Frankly, the notion that one of the busiest UK visa sections in the world would close because of a few toms nicked in Blighty is just plain daft.

Edited by pliny

Neil.

I have been told by the British embassy in Bangkok to pick up my childs passport on the 12th May so its not closed thats a fact

Neil.

I have been told by the British embassy in Bangkok to pick up my childs passport on the 12th May so its not closed thats a fact