Is It Me Or Is There Something Wrong?

onnut

is that true? where are some of the more well known members? Emperor Thud and the likes?

also where is the list that used to be at the bottom of the page listing how many were online at that moment?

where has everybody gone? :o:D:D

I agree. I've noticed on Farming Forum many regular and experienced contributors are missing. I guess people get bored with the same topics coming round over and over again. It did occur to me that the hot season has everyone sleepy.

For me it is because it is becoming less of a Thai forum for expats and visitors and more of an advertising business, more threads getting deleted in case it upsets sponsors.

Thinking of getting out of it myself.

I dunno..................for me as a visitor, but one with a fascination for Thaland, warts and all, I've been reading for a long time (I lurked for ages 'coz I felt I hadn't the experience to comment on many issues) I think that the standard of posts is as I remember it from the first and the range of posters is pretty comparable (some old faces have gone, which is a shame).

I still think that Thaivisa is without doubt, the best single resource for anyone with an interest in Thailand.

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I've always had a love/hate relationship with Thai Visa. It's still just about the best way to quickly find information on immigration issues, and a good way to find information on just about anything else. Unfortunately, Thai Visa, like Thailand in general, also attracts a class of people that I have nothing in common with and well, they annoy the crap out of me.

I'm sure there are a lot of the old timers around (I was inactive for a while, but I'm still here). As for giving TV a face lift. I would agree that it would be nice. There are some features that I'd love to see on here (for example, the ability to "sign up" for a thread.

-Drew

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I've always had a love/hate relationship with Thai Visa. It's still just about the best way to quickly find information on immigration issues, and a good way to find information on just about anything else. Unfortunately, Thai Visa, like Thailand in general, also attracts a class of people that I have nothing in common with and well, they annoy the crap out of me.

I'm sure there are a lot of the old timers around (I was inactive for a while, but I'm still here). As for giving TV a face lift. I would agree that it would be nice. There are some features that I'd love to see on here (for example, the ability to "sign up" for a thread.

-Drew

If you go to 'Options' at the top right of the page you can choose to 'Track this topic' with a variety of options available to you.

...There are some features that I'd love to see on here (for example, the ability to "sign up" for a thread.

I'm not sure if this is what you mean:

For example, in this thread click on "Options" at the top of the thread, click on “Track this topic”, then choose how you wish to get notified by email. I do this sometimes for a thread and find it useful.

Mind you, after almost three years on this forum, even now I still discover features that I had not noticed earlier.

--

Maestro

...There are some features that I'd love to see on here (for example, the ability to "sign up" for a thread.

I'm not sure if this is what you mean:

For example, in this thread click on "Options" at the top of the thread, click on “Track this topic”, then choose how you wish to get notified by email. I do this sometimes for a thread and find it useful.

Mind you, after almost three years on this forum, even now I still discover features that I had not noticed earlier.

--

Maestro

Wow, I totally missed that, and I used to be a mod on here. Can you use that with an RSS feed?

As Guesthouse recently commented in a new topic, we have seemingly discussed everything about Thailand at least once. But then we get new topics.

At least in Chiang Mai, I overhear folks who do not know my identity, frequently referring to TVisa as their main source of information about Thailand.

You might be in a rut, just checking out your 2 or 8 favorite forums here. I use the feature "View New Posts" to check out all the threads.

As Guesthouse recently commented in a new topic, we have seemingly discussed everything about Thailand at least once. But then we get new topics.

At least in Chiang Mai, I overhear folks who do not know my identity, frequently referring to TVisa as their main source of information about Thailand.

You might be in a rut, just checking out your 2 or 8 favorite forums here. I use the feature "View New Posts" to check out all the threads.

I am like you PB.

I read TV every day and select the new topics, then I read the threads that interest me, reply to some and rarely start a topic as somebody has usually done it somewhere else.

It takes me about 1 1/2 hours a day to read.

I also am a member of the "other" forum which I also read daily but this only takes a few minutes as I am too old (and possibly too intelligent) for kiddies forums and if I am lucky there may be 3 or 4 threads that are interesting against 20 or more on TV.

is that true? where are some of the more well known members? Emperor Thud and the likes?

also where is the list that used to be at the bottom of the page listing how many were online at that moment?

where has everybody gone? :o:D:D

Do you mean this list? Scroll to the bottom of the forum home page and I see a list of all members currently online:

post-4641-1209613925_thumb.jpg

ThaiVisa has about 50 forums related to living in Thailand. It's not at all unusual to have nearly 2000 different viewers in a 60 minute span of time. Not counting spammers, only a few people get banned in a month. We are one big community.

I would have thought there might be a season component as most posters are not resident in Thailand and so there would be a bulge prior to the high season as people plan, prepare and anticipate their holiday and for a few weeks after as they try to keep their connection and interest current then a lull during the low season.

Anyone know if my suspicion is correct or is any effect swamped by other factors?

Thaivisa.com users come from these countries:

Thailand30.8%

United States16.2%

United Kingdom5.7%

India5.6%

Australia3.8%

Germany3.0%

Canada2.7%

Cambodia2.6%

Singapore1.7%

Malaysia1.6%

New Zealand1.5%