Tax Refund Check What Do I Do

ok i have a us tax refund check........ what do i do with it i dot have a us acct anymore, can i cash it depo it? or do i need to go bck to the us to cash it????any bright ideas??

I suspect you will find more removed when you get the final paperwork. Check the amount and the current exchange rate. Although 204 baht is better than the $10 up front change at BBL. Or perhaps that was a quantity discount?

I opened a new account at Kasinkorn just for that purpose recently. They took 204 baht for each US treasury check, and are holding the money for six weeks. Your mileage will differ from bank to bank.

when was that? i just open a account with them today at central latprao, the guy who open my account told me he couldnt take it should i just try another branch, and see if it works? what branch did you use, thanks in advance

I suspect you will find more removed when you get the final paperwork. Check the amount and the current exchange rate. Although 204 baht is better than the $10 up front change at BBL. Or perhaps that was a quantity discount?
I am looking at the receipts now, for both checks 203 baht (200 fee and 3 stamp duty) per check, and the rate was 31.20 on 23 April - the current rate on that date, roughly equal to what I was getting out of the ATM for transfers. The only quantities involved were $180 and $156 - not large checks. They refused to cash anything under US$100.