List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

Guys and gals, what are the best restaurants one should look to try in Patong?

Depends what you are after my friend........

CNN Hotel short-timer partygoer the Thai stalls directly across the way on 200yr rd., quite o.k.....# 6 (?) and Da Nang (?) I dunno help a guy out if you do actually know the names, I thing those are pretty close............

Mid range- Banana Complex Beach Road Patong, or Jungceylon.

Higher end- Baan Rim Pa group, Joe's Downstairs, Baan Rin Pa,et al as you leave Patong on the first curve, toward Kamala.

HEY Karen Bravo Ya gotta try this place cheap gin and tonics good food run by a pommie...

gotta give a Thumbs up to the new Wind Mill Hotel and resturaunt up the road from Yanui Beach.......in rawai/nai harn...nice bar good prices

If I not rent house in Rawai I would stay at this place. 2000bht a night (low season price) all nice new rooms with a beautiful pool as well.

Had lunch then dinner there was very good top knotch Thai chef...Lunch Beef Masaan curry very nice not too spicey but had some heat..meat very tender...alloy maaak...

Dinner proper salmon steak with cream sauce nice big portion cheap draft beer pub prices for food like I said Thumbs up for this place.

Have not tried it but I here good report off the sunday roast here as well. next on my list..

Talking with the English owner along with his thai wife and older kids running the place...

going thru some start up growing pains but place was great lunch time used the swimming pool got a massage was a great afternoon...I'll be back..swimming.pool and beer i like...

Edited by glassdude007

HEY Karen Bravo Ya gotta try this place cheap gin and tonics good food run by a pommie...

gotta give a Thumbs up to the new Wind Mill Hotel and resturaunt up the road from Yanui Beach.......in rawai/nai harn...nice bar good prices

If I not rent house in Rawai I would stay at this place. 2000bht a night (low season price) all nice new rooms with a beautiful pool as well.

Had lunch then dinner there was very good top knotch Thai chef...Lunch Beef Masaan curry very nice not too spicey but had some heat..meat very tender...alloy maaak...

Dinner proper salmon steak with cream sauce nice big portion cheap draft beer pub prices for food like I said Thumbs up for this place.

Have not tried it but I here good report off the sunday roast here as well. next on my list..

Talking with the English owner along with his thai wife and older kids running the place...

going thru some start up growing pains but place was great lunch time used the swimming pool got a massage was a great afternoon...I'll be back..swimming.pool and beer i like...

There are some fair reviews about this place already on here. (to quote yourself in an earlier post)

biggrin.png

Edited by Old Croc

A couple of Sundays ago we went over about 14.00 for the lunch. Place was packed and very noisy, indeed raucous. All westeners, don't know if they were a group deal. We left very quickly. Not my idea of a serene Sunday roast.

A couple of Sundays ago we went over about 14.00 for the lunch. Place was packed and very noisy, indeed raucous. All westeners, don't know if they were a group deal. We left very quickly. Not my idea of a serene Sunday roast.

All the expats in the south must have read my post about the 60 baht glass of wine! rolleyes.gif

I believe the price went up very soon after that.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Anybody been to La Boucherie Chalong? The old horrible Chinese Restaurant? I've seen the menu, looks pricey but if its good, might be worth a try.

Been there twice don't waste your time or money.

If you are going to dismiss a place in that way you should give your reasons.

They advertise that their beef and lamb are imported, so it's going to cost more than your average noodle bar. If cost is your main complaint it would say more about you than the restaurant.

If they don't know how to cook or prepare their food or if the service is bad please elaborate, I'm planning a visit there soon.

Old Croc, if you took the time to read my previous post about the place you would know and understand my reasons, good luck with your meal.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Anybody been to La Boucherie Chalong? The old horrible Chinese Restaurant? I've seen the menu, looks pricey but if its good, might be worth a try.

Been there twice don't waste your time or money.
If you are going to dismiss a place in that way you should give your reasons.

They advertise that their beef and lamb are imported, so it's going to cost more than your average noodle bar. If cost is your main complaint it would say more about you than the restaurant.

If they don't know how to cook or prepare their food or if the service is bad please elaborate, I'm planning a visit there soon.

Old Croc, if you took the time to read my previous post about the place you would know and understand my reasons, good luck with your meal.
Perhaps you should have referred back to that post to give your comments some context.

Thanks for your best wishes.

The Hen Chef that used to be in the cinder block building on Sai Yuan toward the three way has re-opened on what I refer to as the Rawai Beach cut through road, next to The Islander.

Food just as good as before and prices at a nice level, had the prawn salad which is a hearty helping as well as their spaghetti bolognese, all very tasty.

I happened to go into Flavor again last night in Phuket Town , the food as always was excellent ,but what i wanted to comment about was the kitchen , i went to the bathroom and you get to walk past the kitchen , Eric the owner prepares all the food himself. The thing that caught my eye was just how spotless the kitchen is , its like a surgery , imaculate , its clear how much of a pro Eric is by the layout and organisation of his work area. I will be back !!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

bump

no good reports out there??

I went to Fattys the other night and was hungry...Big plate small chicken core don... but was tasty reports ive read of huge portions unfounded..family had steak same same yummy but big plate small portions..but will be back cause of good service and good place yummy...

go there..

• 2 weeks later...

Had a nice dinner at the new Shakers at Nai Harn.

Pizza "Patong", a thicker crust than the Italian style, also a whole lot more mozzerella. Salami on it not super wafer thin slices but nice thicker sort of slices. If ordering Thai food ask for Thai style, not tourist grade. The yam nua we had (Thai style) covered in chilis, the beef quite tender and good. Burgers that I saw on adjacent tables looked massive.

Very important,reasonably priced, cheap charlie GOM likes that !

Went to Sams Steak House in the Holiday Inn last night with a couple of friends.

Service was excellent , Steaks some of the best ive had in Phuket.

Price for the steak 990++ with side order.

Total bill was 5k ish including drinks , desert , coffee for 3. All thought was good value.

The desert arrived in dry ice so was a little unusual to see the tabled draped in vapour flowing to the floor.

We have been to the 9th floor recently and the food was certainly better at Sams ( not as expensive either ) but have to admit the 9th floor beats it for atmosphere and obviously the view.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

ok i went anyway , took my elderly Mum whilst here on holiday , it has been quite a while since i have been to Dibuk, the atmosphere is much the same , lamb shank was the highlight , the desert very average for this end of the market ... sadly the staff looked very unhappy all evening , no smile and zero attention to detail .... the place was 40% full so perhaps it was just a bad day for the staff ...

The next evening we headed back to my Favourite place Flavor .....Erik has revamped the menu by the looks with some clever dishes .... i had the Chicken Breast on a bed of broccoli mash , my Mum had the Vol au Vent ..followed by two master piece deserts an almond orange cake and an amazing choc pudding.... a glass of red and a glass of white ...it was just an amazing taste sensation , every dish!!..my mother stated that it was the most outstanding complete meal, for taste , presentation and service that she could remember in her 76 years ...full credit to Erik and his great staff .... if you want to experience a real chef ,working to prepare you individual dishes of high quality in a delightful setting please give Flavor a go .... and the bonus is your not paying Michelin Star prices !!!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Mirror Mirror in Phuket Town on Dibuk Rd just before the Shell station. I had the crab cake benedict which was served on a bed of spinach, topped with a duck egg & hollandaise sauce. Crab cake had nice big chuncks of crab, I could not really tell the difference between duck & chicken egg but on the whole very nice. I was there about midday but apparently it can get quite full most evenings. While there you can get a rare glimpse of infinity.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw on another website that there is a new Mexican restaurant in Kata at a bar called Dragon Layre. Just saw it posted this evening. I'll check it out tonight and let yall know if it is any good. Some poster took some pics there and said it was "authentic". We'll see.

Saw this get posted last night and raced over there cause anytime I see an attempt at mexican food I am all over it. So the place

is in Kata on the main road (Patak), maybe halfway between Kata and Karon. Decent looking bar with an American owner. The chef

is a mexican guy said the owner. Anyhow, I orderd the tostadas ( 1 beef and 1 chorizo). I could smell the chorizo being fried up

and smelled amazing. I also ordered chips and salsa which came out piping hot and the salsa was freshly made (with a nice spicy kick).

My tostadas came out and looked great. Topped with beans, meat, onion, cilantro, sour cream, lettuce. The plate also came

with a very good side of freshly made refried beans and true mexican rice. It all tasted excellent and I will 100% be back again.

post-229746-0-43268800-1420167047_thumb.

There is a new Mexican place in Kata at Dragon Layre bar. The cook is Mexican and everything I had was good. Tostadas nachos salsa and guac. All very authentic. American owner a nice guy named Randy. My friend could not finish his combination plate bcz he was stuffed--it had so much food on it. Its on Patak Rd, the main road in Kata, opposite the Kata market and opposite a dental clinic Good stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

EP's Cafe Patisserie near Vachira in Komaraphat Road.

https://th-th.facebook.com/EPsCafePatisserie check for pics.

Parked the car next to the Cafe when I visited a friend in Vachira. Checked the Cafe two times. Tumbs up. I had a little bit the feeling like i had before in my favorite Cafe in Vienna.

Nice Cafe with tasty cakes. Cheese/fruit cake tasts like real cheese cake and not like cream as usual in the Cafes here in Thailand.

Real Vienna taste and their "Windbeutel" are 100% original.

My way now and in the future, park the car on their parking space, have a espresso and a cake or 2 and then go relaxed inside Vachira.

• 2 weeks later...

Hen Chef has moved.
I finally got to the new one, which is next to the Islander bar in Nai Harn (on the Cheers road that connects to Rawai beach)
Same cook, owner, and excellent spaghetti Bolganaise. (better than many of the Italian restaurants IMO, and the garlic bread excellent too)

Not to be to confused with the Hen Chef on Wiset road near Friendship beach.
They are related but the cook is not as good in my opinion.

My wife and I and another couple stopped in to try the Mexican food last night and we were favorably impressed. The rice and refried beans could have come from one of our favorite restaurants in Los Angeles, and the chorizo was nicely flavored. Good spicy salsas too. It's a pleasant surprise to fine this food here in Phuket and we'll be back. I wish the owners the best as I would like to see them survive and prosper so that we can continue to get that pleasant LA/Mexican food experience.

• Like 1