List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

'Cookie' at Falang Paradise has a new menu, and I sampled one of the new items last night. He's doing home made burgers (beef, chicken or pork), with or without cheese or egg. Pictured is the 'deluxe' burger which I had (comes with cheese and bacon). Quite large and with french fries, excellent value for 170 baht.

I wonder if we can get him to add a beetroot & egg option.

'Cookie' at Falang Paradise has a new menu, and I sampled one of the new items last night. He's doing home made burgers (beef, chicken or pork), with or without cheese or egg. Pictured is the 'deluxe' burger which I had (comes with cheese and bacon). Quite large and with french fries, excellent value for 170 baht.

I wonder if we can get him to add a beetroot & egg option.

I know he already offers the egg option, and I'm sure that he could do the beetroot variant also (there's a few Western salads now also (Greek, Waldorf, and Tuna).

Went to Otto Resturaunt in Rawai yesterday 69 baht for beef or chicken or fish steak with diferent sauces to choose from...my chicken steak with peppercorn sauce was very good,,my friends beefsteak with mushroom sauce was ok for crappy Thai beef but sauce was nice comes with fries and salad 69 baht. Will go back again for sure

The noodle soup at the ajoining table looked pretty good as well. Enjoy

Sent from my SGP311 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Having a lunch of 'Delux' Beefburger with potato wedges at Falang Paradise, really excellent. Trying one of his new salads on the side (Ceaser) which was large and also excellent. Wife had Pad Thai and a glass noodle salad.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-62520-13852751554254_thumb.jpg

Although I am not a fan of buffet dining in general, I have discovered an absolutely amazing deal with the all-you-can-eat buffet at PakNam Seafood Saphan Hin: just 59 baht. They have 8 chafing dishes, three soups, fried rice, fried fish, lots of veggies, nam prik...In short, it is a smorgasbord. A large Singha is 120 baht and I tend to order them out of alcoholic-inspired guilt over the outrageously cheap cost of the food.

Equally amazing is the service. They have lots of cute girls standing around and they refill your beer glass with every sip. They also have chicken and kittens running around and my daughter loves the place; she's actually pleading with me to go there right now.

I keep looking under the table every time I go there to see if there is a roulette wheel or something because I feel like I am in Vegas.

Directions: from Seahorse Circle (wongwian nimitr), go due south toward Saphan Hin on Soi Saphan Hin. The restaurant is located near the entrance to The Urban residential estate and the road that leads down to the Saensook community. They always have girls out in front; you can't miss it, nor should you.

Last bit of info: draft beer also available.

daily 10am to 4pm (even though the sign still says it ends at 6pm)

Don't wear out the welcome mat (see attached pic) :)

(SORRY ABOUT THE PIX, HAVING SOME PROBLEMS WITH THE AUTOMATIC LENS)

post-40708-0-60361100-1385867718_thumb.j

post-40708-0-72414000-1385867807_thumb.j

Tandoori Nights at Sai Juan, Rawai.

Nice surprise, good food low prices. Indian, NOT British Indian.

Both branches of Tandoori Nights are fantastic. I've been multiple times. The service is outstanding, and the food exceptional. Definitely a great addition to Soi Sai Yuan, and the south of the island in general.

Wow up at Nai Yang Beach yesterday and got the shock of my life. Been searching for a good bagel in Phuket and a coffee to match. Found a salmon, cream cheese Bagel at Bread and Butter bakery outside Dewa Hotel. Great coffee and food at a good price and they even sold chocolate croissants which I will be back to try very soon.

• Like 2

Wow up at Nai Yang Beach yesterday and got the shock of my life. Been searching for a good bagel in Phuket and a coffee to match. Found a salmon, cream cheese Bagel at Bread and Butter bakery outside Dewa Hotel. Great coffee and food at a good price and they even sold chocolate croissants which I will be back to try very soon.

Try Baketastic in Kathu Fresh made bagles daily

Try Baketastic in Kathu Fresh made bagles daily

will give it a try next time I'm down that way. Where is it?

Wife and I ate at the Korean style bbq just north of Land and House (Chalong) last night. I have been there many times.

300b. But the quality, size of the meats is far better than the Thai versions.

Nice selection in the salad bar with usual Korean stuff like different gimchis, some side dishes and ice cream.

The waiters change the grill cover constantly, they cut the meat for you and are very attentive.

Tonight, I had a hankering for fish 'n' chips. Went to the Farang Paradise, but, it was closed.

Decided to take up a recommendation from a friend and went to Chalawan Restaurant.

The fish 'n' chips was very good, especially the chips as they are made on the premises with real potatoes. Malt vinegar was available, too.

It is the last shop-house on the left before the turning to Wine Connection in Chalong, coming from the circle.

It's a typical Thai style restaurant, but, the owner has a Western husband that cooks the fish 'n' chips.

Smaller portion than Farang Paradise, but very tasty (especially the chips and peas) and good value for 150 Baht.

• Like 1

The owner of FP told me they are open now 7 days a week. Surprised. Will try that place this weekend, KB.

Yes, I was assured they were open 7 days a week. I'll wait for pag to chime in as he goes there most days.

OK, chime at the ready.....

It should be 7 days a week now, but recent demand in the restaurant meant that Cookie (Chef) needed to do a major resupply mission and hence closed for today. However, for future reference I'd err on the side of caution and continue to give FP a miss on Mondays. I believe that their bungalows are fully booked until March at the earliest, so the restaurant is busy both with residents and other holidaymakers staying in accommodation in the same area.

I had the dubious pleasure of dining at the new seafood buffet on Chao Fa West, between Wat Chalong & PTT. I heard on the radio it was buy one get one free but apparently not available at night time. We were 3 plus a small child who was graciously allowed for free who then proceeded to eat at least 20 Baht's worth of food.

Being new I thought they would be out to impress but about the only redeeming thing I could say was they had good ice cream & the staff were friendly enough. You are allowed 1 1/2 hours & if you wanted could eat prawns the total time as there was no shortage but they were pretty tasteless whichever way they were presented. It was not only seafood as there was roast beef, beef stew, a couple of pasta dishes. There was not even a tom yum talay (seafood). There were 2 soups, onion & chicken coconut. Free drinks were a pretty awful orange juice concoction, iced tea & water all of which only dribbled out of the dispenser.

Nearly all the customers were Thai but I think their only hope for survival will be with tourist buses. Price was 880 per head.

Went to the Korean BBQ place based on recommendations in this thread. It was pretty tasty, but I noticed a family come sit down and proceed to leave quickly. I knew something was up and was a little concerned. Then I noticed one giant rat running up to the buffet and grabbing food then running off. There was also a smaller rat. The staff said the rats come from outside not in the restaurant but needless to say I will never be back.

Edited by BaliHai

There are rats everywhere on this island. Granted, they need some sort of vermin control. But the restaurant is across from the market. Those rats know where the food is.

I ate there a few days ago. Wife loved it. I will go back. I just cook the meat well. If I worried about rats, I would lock myself in my room and order delivery.

Thats great for you. If you like to share buffets with rats then power to you. I prefer restaurants that have some kind of control over the rat problems and when there are more rats then customers that is a red flag. I happened to be eating with my thai friend and she was sick about it too. Couldn't believe they didn't even try to get rid of them.

I have stayed in Thailand and I live in Bangkok so I know a thing or two about rats and its understandably to see a few rats here and there... but they were literally running from the outside bush right to the buffet.