Guest Account

Lost in LOS

I am trying to set up a get login in for my computer using xp. it has worked in the past but not now. i go to control panel, user accounts and set up a guest. The welcome or log screen doesnt show the guest. when i use teh change the way users log on or off in the "user accounts" to click on "use the welcome screen" the following error message comes up:

"client services for netware has disabled the welcome screen and fast user switching. to restore these features you must uninstall client services for netware"

I have searched everywhere but cannot find this program or how to get my welcome screen to come up. right now it just comes up saying password but with only me as the user

thanks

If you have netware client services installed it should be on the properties of your network connection.. so right click the network connection in question properties and and it should be listed there with client for MS windows, file and print sharing, IP..

let us know if it works

If you have netware client services installed it should be on the properties of your network connection.. so right click the network connection in question properties and and it should be listed there with client for MS windows, file and print sharing, IP..

let us know if it works

I am not on any network that i am aware of. I might have clicked something when my friend wanted to use my wireless for his laptop but I have no network connection that i am aware of. I dont know what netware client services is, is this something i find in control panel? I have been looking there to no avail. basically what i need is the welcome screen to come up so i can log on to the guest account. sorry for my confusion

thanks in advance

jimmy

let us know if it works

I am not on any network that i am aware of. I might have clicked something when my friend wanted to use my wireless for his laptop but I have no network connection that i am aware of. I dont know what netware client services is, is this something i find in control panel? I have been looking there to no avail. basically what i need is the welcome screen to come up so i can log on to the guest account. sorry for my confusion

thanks in advance

jimmy

GOT IT !!!! THANKS i went back to network connections in control panel. instead of picking either of the two internet connections that appeared to be working i clicked local connection that had an x through it but had the netware client services button clicked. i removed that and it said it will do all the connections like that and i said ok. it worked. thanks for your help. been working on this for hours

Jimmy

let us know if it works

thanks in advance

jimmy

GOT IT !!!! THANKS i went back to network connections in control panel. instead of picking either of the two internet connections that appeared to be working i clicked local connection that had an x through it but had the netware client services button clicked. i removed that and it said it will do all the connections like that and i said ok. it worked. thanks for your help. been working on this for hours

Jimmy

No problem glad it helped you out