Remove Xp From Dualboot And Clean Install Vista

crockett

Hi,

A question to the gurus out there, so here is the situation:

I have XP Pro and Vista Home Premium in a dual boot configuration. Both OS are installed on two separate partitions (C: and D:) on one physical 320 GB disk.

Now, since Vista works great, I want to use it as the only OS on the computer. My idea is to delete both partitions, create a new single one to get the full disk

capacity back and then do a clean install of Vista on it. What is the best way to do it? I have Acronis Disk Director Suite on hand, so my idea is to boot from it's

Boot CD, delete both partitions on that disk, create a new single one and then install Vista. Any suggestions?

Guest Reimar
Hi,

A question to the gurus out there, so here is the situation:

I have XP Pro and Vista Home Premium in a dual boot configuration. Both OS are installed on two separate partitions (C: and D:) on one physical 320 GB disk.

Now, since Vista works great, I want to use it as the only OS on the computer. My idea is to delete both partitions, create a new single one to get the full disk

capacity back and then do a clean install of Vista on it. What is the best way to do it? I have Acronis Disk Director Suite on hand, so my idea is to boot from it's

Boot CD, delete both partitions on that disk, create a new single one and then install Vista. Any suggestions?

If you've Vista on the logic partition, than it's a problem. May you check with MS Knowledgebase to move Vista to the first partition but I'm not sure that will works!

I would never install the OS on an second Partition in case I would delete one of the OS's, just install both OS on the same partition (I mean Windows (any) OS). Or use 2 HDD's and boot with the Bios Boot manager to that OS I want to run.

Cheers.