Stray Animals On Kpg

galong, hats off for you, that is exactly how i think and what i do. if just more ppl had a heart for these wonderful creatures and would know how much they can give back and how they can enrich ones life!

i wish your rescued dog a wonderful life with you and still many happy years!!

if you can't see a dog suffer, you will end up with many, like myself :o

lead tablet should sorte out the stray dog problem. if your dog is outside without a lead then it should be classed as a stray and i am fed up of being chased by street dogs on my bike. not know if the dog has been vaccinated should it bite me. how many people on the island have been bitten by street dogs. shure it should warrent either people take them under thier wing or they should be put to sleep. :D

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

galong, hats off for you, that is exactly how i think and what i do. if just more ppl had a heart for these wonderful creatures and would know how much they can give back and how they can enrich ones life!

i wish your rescued dog a wonderful life with you and still many happy years!!

if you can't see a dog suffer, you will end up with many, like myself :o

Hey Elfe, thanks for the kind words buddy. :D

I can't sit by and do nothing. I couldn't live with myself if I just ignored this sort of thing. I could barely sleep the night the dog got hit worrying if he'd survive.

Some folks tend to think that if you love animals, for some silly reason it means you don't care as much for people. I've been accused of that before, but in reality I do a LOT more for people.... god knows there's plenty of opportunities to help people in Thailand, unfortunately.

I'm not saying I'm a saint (far from it!), but I was brought up to believe that helping those in need is the normal thing to do.

BTW, love your doggy avatar... what a cutey-pie. :D

yes i wonder how someone could just look away. it would haunt me for long time...

and if you think how little it takes to help and give it a nice life... well with your doggie it was quite expensive but if you think how much ppl spend for things like nights out, exclusive stuff etc...

the cutie in my avatar is pueppi :o if you like watching dog pics you can see lots in my blog :D

post-9505-1211555364_thumb.jpg

I've seen this dog, on the bridge between MBK and Siam Center, right? Saw him one day with a guy and was tempted to give money until I saw him the next day with a different guy. The dog is a pro :D

I've heard about this legendary dog but have never seen it, SBK.

post-9505-1211555497_thumb.jpg

post-9505-1211555509_thumb.jpg

post-9505-1211555522_thumb.jpg

:D what are these animals used for? figths?

Elfe, as you can see they are family pets, and are also used for security.

African Wild Dogs are an endangered species, are probably related to the hyena, and are very intelligent and social animals.

In the right hands (see pic 1), they make lovely family pets despite their ferocious looks. Don't leave home without one. :o

jose '-)

Girlx, I have a solution for you. I think you should eat your dogs. Perhaps not Scruffy though. My wife is heading down to Australia for work in a few months and wants me to join her, but I asked her how can I possibly leave our two beloved dogs behind- what an excuse it's turned out to be! Nothing else in the whole world of excuses would have worked besides the doggy excuse. I showed her this thread and all those who support the 'adopt a dog forever' argument, and now I get to stay here for as long as they live. These dogs are the best kept animals in the kingdom believe me! For any guys out there who wants to stay in Samui for 10-15 years I recommend you get a dog ASAP- healthy is best remember, but maybe one with DVT that can't risk flying:)

:o:D you lucky monkey

the ones in the pics used as 'pets' are hyenas. wild dogs are different.

I've always had trouble differentiating between the two species. I think that one barks and the other one laughs, but not sure which is which... :o

Girlx, I was just wondering... if I am not being too nosy by asking, but after all I am supposed to read around on the forum... why are you looking for a home in Bangkok and Thai language tutoring if you are heading to Amsterdam? You ask about a home with space for a dog- is this for one or more of the dogs you left in Samui? If so, many kudos to you for re-considering.

because i am deciding between a job in amsterdam and staying in bangkok. will know in a few days which it is. if i stay in bangkok i can bring my dog up with me (assuming i can find a place which can accomodate a dog, no luck yet).

hrmm i decided to stay in thailand as i can't bear the thought of going into an office and working 9-5 with a bunch of americans again (even if it is in amsterdam) after 6 years of not having to do so. meanwhile the family who took my dog has sadly failed to take care of her. so i am now looking for a place in bangkok where i can possibly keep my dog with me here. so far no luck, but if i do find one, does anyone have any ideas of how to transport her up here? i tried emailing and calling the animal care places but none of them answer. she might be able to fly(?) but as she is a med-to-large size dog i do not know how i would get her to the samui airport from thong nai pan and then from suvarnabhumi to wherever i stay.

Edited by girlx

hrmm i decided to stay in thailand as i can't bear the thought of going into an office and working 9-5 with a bunch of americans again (even if it is in amsterdam) after 6 years of not having to do so. meanwhile the family who took my dog has sadly failed to take care of her. so i am now looking for a place in bangkok where i can possibly keep my dog with me here. so far no luck, but if i do find one, does anyone have any ideas of how to transport her up here? i tried emailing and calling the animal care places but none of them answer. she might be able to fly(?) but as she is a med-to-large size dog i do not know how i would get her to the samui airport from thong nai pan and then from suvarnabhumi to wherever i stay.

Girl X, just check with some of the freight companies, they could overnight her for you to Bangkok.

hrmm do you happen to know the names of any?

Girlx. Im so sorry to tell you the real news but now i can not shut up any longer. Now this is it:

For some reason (self-confidence?) you want to think of your self as a real animal friend while you infact are not. Now, just let the evil in you keep your lifestyle and stop pretending. This whole thread shows that you not care at all about anything but yourself but like to pretend you care about your dog. Leave it please.

If you cared about your dog its easy to rent a car, tell a friend to drive you, or wathever, without making postings about it for a month. You love yourself, leave it at that and stop posting like a animal lover, its getting patetic by now. We all see through it. Bring your dog or dont, but stop the patetic theater, please.

i'm sorry? have we met??? do you know a dam_n thing about me or my life outside what you read on this board, which represents about 30% of what is going on in reality? no- so i don't need your judgements of me. it is not easy to rent a car and drive to bangkok when you have no driver's license and are from NYC so don't really drive anyway. i have no friend who is going to drive me to BKK with a dog. i am asking for suggestions of freight companies or how to take her other ways. that's IF i can find a place to keep her in the city, and BECAUSE i can't find anyone reliable to re-home her with (unlike in the west where you can always go to an animal shelter or find kind hearted people who care about animals). if you have nothing helpful to contribute, kindly bai gon. and stop following me around and drunk posting.

my mother is someone who buys a puppy and loves it until it gets big, and then she would drop it in the middle of nowhere and move on to the next one. she did it countless times with my pets... i hated her for that, and i swore i would never do it myself. but the only suggestions for taking care of animals that people on here seem to be able to come up with is "don't bother in the first place". and you guys say you care for animals? just leave them all to suffer- don't feed them or care for them because you might someday have to leave them. sorry but that to me sounds ridiculously selfish and heartless. if more people would contribute, there would not be such a problem in the first place, which is what i keep saying again and again.

i would love to hear a list of logical suggestions of what to do when you find yourself in a position in which you can no longer take care of an animal in thailand. i guarantee you i have already done everything on the list in the past couple of years, and my friends can vouch for that. it simply is impossible to re-home in this country. i don't see anyone here volunteering! even the animal care places won't take in a dog. i am trying. that is all i can do! i can no longer live in koh phangan with her and that is that! and no, when it comes down to it, i will not give up my life for a dog.

Edited by girlx

Sorry for upsetting you girlx. (and no i dont drunk post, never have,never will.).

Not that this is any of my buisness, but for me it just seems like you want Thaivisa members to tell you that you are a wonderful, animal loving, supergood, nice girl even if you leave your loving dog to die because you move 700 km away. I just dont think you are going to ever get that respons in this thread because (as i think you know) it is not the truth.

But ok, if it is totally impossible to take your dog to bangkok (how about giving a taxidriver some cach for instans, pretty sure he take you and the dog, an neighbour with a pickup will do the same for some cash.) and if it is completely impossible to find a place to live with a dog (i know at least 10 people in Bangkok condos with pets) then i suppose your right, and then i appologise.

Sounds like lame exscuses to me and im so glad you dont love me!!

I dont like to be left behind by my loved ones.

well it is easy to say they are lame excuses, hypothetically, behind your keyboard, but you aren't trying to solve these problems yourself- so you probably don't really know what you are talking about do you? it is harder than it seems- it's not a case of "you can just re-home her with a nice family" or "ask the animal place for help" or "just get a house in bangkok where you can keep her" or "just spend the rest of your life in a little village full of violent, drug addicted losers so your dog will be happy". all of these things have proven to be impossible thus far. if you look back through my history you will see that i have actually posted about my situation with the dogs for over a year now, because i knew i would be moving on. it is my problem, but i have made every effort to solve it.

..."just spend the rest of your life in a little village full of violent, drug addicted losers so your dog will be happy".

GirlX, while I don't wish to be involved in your private affairs, I'm curious as to what attracted you to (I assume) Thong Nai Pan in the first place. How did you manage to attract such poor company, what kept you there for so long, and why couldn't you find a more livable place in KPG?

Years ago I knew a female friend from Belgium, who lived with her young daughter for over a year near Chaloklum. It's true that she didn't have an easy time with the village gossipers there, but I don't recall her having any association at all with "violent, drug addicted losers".

girlx, you can take your dog on bkk airways for 200 baht I am told, but if that's not an option in Samui you can always leave dogs and cats with the amazing German couple who will take in any animal- we sometimes take strays there and leave 500 baht with them. They're in a road off the Laemdin Market Rd (actually closest to Dow Market). There were about 100 dogs running around there last time, very strong stench of pee!!

girlx, you can take your dog on bkk airways for 200 baht I am told, but if that's not an option in Samui you can always leave dogs and cats with the amazing German couple who will take in any animal- we sometimes take strays there and leave 500 baht with them. They're in a road off the Laemdin Market Rd (actually closest to Dow Market). There were about 100 dogs running around there last time, very strong stench of pee!!

http://www.samuidog.org/

in Samui you can always leave dogs and cats with the amazing German couple who will take in any animal- we sometimes take strays there and leave 500 baht with them. They're in a road off the Laemdin Market Rd (actually closest to Dow Market). There were about 100 dogs running around there last time, very strong stench of pee!!

er, sounds great. i will call bangkok airways, thanks. i seem to remember someone telling me before that you couldn't take dogs on their flights, but they may have been wrong.

and jose, if you have never met a drug addicted loser on koh phangan or heard the reputation of thong nai pan as a lawless, dangerous place, then you must live in la la land. there are nice people there for sure, but some of the locals there are completely off the wall.

Sorry, you are not better than your mom. At least she was honest enough to say the real reason, while you try to say "i tryed everything for a whole year but can not bring my dog from pagnan to bangkok"! Are you telling me you tryed for year and still a year later you didnt manage to bring a dog 700 km, but move alone?? :o

Who ever employ you?? What work are you ever capable of doing?? My god, what happens if you ever get a real problem to solve??

"nobody on thaivisa gave me exact instructions on how to do this so it must be impossible". "i did all i ever could, i posted about it for long time but sorry, have to leave you behind" ?????

I guess the word love is individual. If anything or anyone i ever loved i would not hersitate to bring it with me, and never consider leaving it behin. In the worst case senario i would swim to surat and walk to bangkok. You think you are priviledgded to leave a love behind because you posted about how much you hate it?? If i where you i would see that dogs face everytime i tryed to close my eyes.

Sorry, in my honest oppinion you are turning out as hartless as your mom you descibed a few posts ago. Only worse. Because she was at least honest about it. Your not.

up to you, i am not trying to convince you of my good heartedness (or my employability?). that is not what this thread is about. i am trying to get information on how to best take care of my dog, and to convince others to contribute to fixing the dog problem on the islands (or anywhere in thailand for that matter) rather than ignoring it. there are many, many people who come to koh phangan, pick up a dog to feed, and leave without making any further efforts to provide for it. that is not what i have done. i found a home for my dog and left a few months' worth of food for her. the family that took her has turned out to be completely irresponsible, but that is not something i could have foreseen. i have someone else watching/feeding her for me until i can make alternate arrangements- either send her to live with another friend, or bring her with me to bangkok. the other (street dogs) are also being fed back in the village. so again, keep your misguided judgements to yourself, thanks.

Edited by girlx

and jose, if you have never met a drug addicted loser on koh phangan or heard the reputation of thong nai pan as a lawless, dangerous place, then you must live in la la land. there are nice people there for sure, but some of the locals there are completely off the wall.

I have seen but not met many addicts, and maybe this is one of the keys to a better life wherever you call home - i.e. be more selective with the company you keep.

And GirlX, my guess is that either I am living in "la la land", or you are living in a potentially dangerously paranoid world. Either way, it's a pity that our k9 good friends have to suffer as a result of these worlds we create.

again, stop judging me. you don't know me or the people i hang out with. the problems i had in thong nai pan were due to neighbors, not friends. and it has nothing to do with the topic anyway. suffice it to say koh phangan has neither the best element of thai locals nor the best element of tourist visitors- that's what happens on a small, isolated island which is primarily financed by the drug culture (a.k.a. full moon party) and ignored by the rule of law.

Edited by girlx

Enough bickering, shall we get back to the issue which is what we as individuals can do to help? Has anyone ever seen a particularly bad looking stray dog or cat and taken it in to either PAC on Phangan or the Dog rescue on Samui and paid for its treatment? Its easy to point fingers and say you should do this, you should do that, but personally I think it is better to look at oneself and say, "What have I done to help?"

"suffice it to say koh phangan has neither the best element of thai locals nor the best element of tourist visitors- that's what happens on a small, isolated island which is primarily financed by the drug culture (a.k.a. full moon party)."

I think you don't know what you are writing. Better you go in BKK and carry with you (a taxi ride much cheaper than an airplane fare) your animals without to show your "sensibility" and to tell everybody about your life.

Finally you want people judge you after what you write, but only if they give you their approval. You don't accept any critic for what you do or write.

Boring.

i don't want people to judge me at all- you know nothing about my personal life and it is not your business. if any one of you spent 4 years in the house i lived in, you would possibly understand, but otherwise any assumptions you make are just that. i am not the subject of this topic. the stray animals are. do you guys have anything worthwhile to contribute on that topic, or do you just want to hang around throwing cheap shots because you've got nothing better to do?