Any Kiwis From Auckland Around?

billd766

I need a little help from any Kiwis from Auckland as I am off there this month on a 3 to 6 month contract.

I need to know the cost of living and possibly any reasonable self catering places as I will have to live there and I don't want to stay in hotels for too long.

Cheers

Bill

Hi Bill

Auckland is a big place. Where will you be working? It is relevant to how much it will cost you.

You could get in touch with zpete, he isthere at the moment and may have some advice. I believe he lives way outside the city center so again may depend on here you are going to be based. Hotels and motels are way over priced so getting out asap to your own place is advisable. Check out trademe.com they have loads of accommdation and shared flats etc.

You'll have no problem finding rental accommodation for that period. Trademe.co.nz is your best bet for finding rental accommodation. There are a number of inner city 'budget' accommodation options where you get a small room and shared access to kitchen/bathroom for about $150 pw with no long term contract. Living in Auckland is no more expensive than in other western countries. I wish you a pleasant stay.

You'll have no problem finding rental accommodation for that period. Trademe.co.nz is your best bet for finding rental accommodation. There are a number of inner city 'budget' accommodation options where you get a small room and shared access to kitchen/bathroom for about $150 pw with no long term contract. Living in Auckland is no more expensive than in other western countries. I wish you a pleasant stay.

Thanks for the info guys.

The office is at

Eden Terrace

Symonds Street

in Auckland.

The websites I have seen so far are lovely places at around $130 a day and I had hoped for something a little cheaper.

I do get a company car so that should make travelling a bit easier.

I have to confess a little ignorance as though I have worked in many countries over the years I have never been to NZ and have no idea if Auckland is on the North or South island.

I only found out about the job on Wednesday lunchtime and signed up yesterday morning. It is for a 3 to 6 month with possibility of an extension and I am looking forward to it even though I will be leaving my family here.

Cheers

Bill

:o:D :D :D

Thanks for the info guys.

The office is at

Eden Terrace

Symonds Street

in Auckland.

The websites I have seen so far are lovely places at around $130 a day and I had hoped for something a little cheaper.

I do get a company car so that should make travelling a bit easier.

I have to confess a little ignorance as though I have worked in many countries over the years I have never been to NZ and have no idea if Auckland is on the North or South island.

I only found out about the job on Wednesday lunchtime and signed up yesterday morning. It is for a 3 to 6 month with possibility of an extension and I am looking forward to it even though I will be leaving my family here.

Cheers

Bill

:o:D:D:D

Check out my PM.