Re-entry Permit At Suan Phlun

I did my re-entry permit a couple of weeks ago.

I completed the on-line application and emailed it as instructed on the Thai Immigration web page.

The next day, early afternoon, I headed over to Suan Phlun. I was going to go inside, then as I was pulling in spotted the outside window and signage, as well as two parking spaces right there, in an otherwise overflowing parking lot.

I pulled right up there, walked to the window (no queue), handed the nice gentleman my signed hardcopy, my passport, and some bahts. About 5 minutes later, I had my passport back in hand and was driving out.

Something efficient...connected to the Government no less...perhaps there is hope.

Calling it a "drive-up" window is a bit disingenious though....had I brought the Peterbilt rather than the PreRunner, maybe so...

I did my re-entry permit a couple of weeks ago.

I completed the on-line application and emailed it as instructed on the Thai Immigration web page.

The next day, early afternoon, I headed over to Suan Phlun. I was going to go inside, then as I was pulling in spotted the outside window and signage, as well as two parking spaces right there, in an otherwise overflowing parking lot.

I pulled right up there, walked to the window (no queue), handed the nice gentleman my signed hardcopy, my passport, and some bahts. About 5 minutes later, I had my passport back in hand and was driving out.

Something efficient...connected to the Government no less...perhaps there is hope.

Calling it a "drive-up" window is a bit disingenious though....had I brought the Peterbilt rather than the PreRunner, maybe so...

Yep..thats the way to do it..nice to know that the system is still working..I did the same last Feb...saves a lot of hassel.

Yesterday I downloaded the form tm8, filled it in and had no idea where to send it so I looked again today on this thread.

I found it on the main page of the Immigration website and the address to send it to is

For a re-entry permit,if you are in Bangkok area and you have an Internet access, you could fill in a TM. 8 form and send it to [email protected]

You should e-mail the completed form 1 day in advance.

You have to submit a 2" photo and pay a permit fee at counter 7, the Immigration Bureau (soi suanplu office.)

Fee for re-entry permit:

1,000 Bahts for single

3,800 Bahts for multiple

I hope that helps anyone else