What Entertainment From Home Do You Miss Most?

sbk

The title says it all, what entertainment from home do you miss the most? Live bands, concerts, theater etc

you haven't said what you miss most, sbk?

an impromptu session, off the cuff by a few guys that just decide to get the atmosphere rocking...........

Moss

Live original music, good fringe theatre, the weekend newspapers (Guardian Observer), bookshops, A good pint of real ale watching the footy with mates, pub quizzes, comedy nights.

My god someone should send in a post "If you don't like it here go home"!!! Sounds like I am Mr Homesick but I am not. There is a lot to love here too. I am sitting typing this in my open air office, I have a good business that i could never have started in the Uk but the thread is not about what I like so I will shut up.

Will never miss menial things like that back ex home.However i miss very important things like my mum and dad,brothers and my son and daughter in law,and grand kids.

I also miss friends but they are the ones who keep in contact with me too.Some so called frineds are not friends now.

Decent atmosphere in bars when watching sporting events.

Nightclubs with people off their faces dancing like nutters.

Sports like tennis and golf (too hot here!)

Sunday meals with all the family.

Festivals/concerts where the crowd goes mental instead of just standing there. (I think I was the only person properly rocking out at the Stereophoncis/Oasis/Coldplay concerts!)

Edited by ashacat

Barbeques, parties and outdoor concerts that go on well into those long summer evenings. Well as long as it is not raining.

The cut and thrust banter of an evening down the pub.

Mid-winter days when it hardly gets light and the sky is a sullen grey overcast - NOT! :o

All of the above (except maybe the golf, I'm not that old yet) :o Exactly why me and the Mrs are going to take a break from Thai and go home for a couple of years, but I am sure we will come back for long holidays here......

The title says it all, what entertainment from home do you miss the most? Live bands, concerts, theater etc

you haven't said what you miss most, sbk?

an impromptu session, off the cuff by a few guys that just decide to get the atmosphere rocking...........

Moss

Hi Moss, currently visiting the family so am enjoying myself :o

Things I miss that are lacking in my home in Thailand: a variety of restaurants to eat at, going to concerts (I'd love to see Jonny Lang in concert sometime), and my hobby, shopping :D

I know a person who misses the only "entertainment" that was available back home:

the thrill of guessing which bombed car you are parking or driving behind ..

the heart-stopping seconds of hearing the whistle of a missile before it hits a nearby house..

the joy of surviving another day without being kidnapped,abducted,shot at,car bombed,air bombed, arrested,got squashed under a tank in a U-turn :o

I am at home here in Thailand and the thing I miss the most about the UK is the public library. Most countries I have worked I have been able to get books and read (except Angola) but up here in the central region I used to have to go to BKK. Now it seems as though there is a bookshop openinh in Nakhon Sawan and before it does I am off to New Zealand to work.

At least there are libraries there.