Where To Find The Most British People In Thailand

hogheaven

wear are the most Brits  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Even though this thread is 3.5 years old, the OP's question is still valid and the answer is still the same. Pattaya has the higher concentration of Brits when compared to Phuket. Although I would say that a higher-class of Brits are to be found on Phuket, while in Patters you find the shaved-head, tattooed, hooligans from Old Blighty dragging their knuckles around Soi Buakhao. Not much different than packs of soi dogs looking for trouble IMO.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've often wondered why there are so many Brits in Thailand. I'm talking young Brits in their late 20s, early 30s, who should be pursuing careers in England. Instead, they are here working shit teaching jobs just so they can stay. What happens when they're 65 and have nothing? I have an excuse - I'm retired, got a pension and a ton of bucks in the bank. I'm here to chill. Is it realy that bad in England? Must be a miserable little island....

This generation are the pisshead generation where they dont accept any responsibility for anything its NEVER their fault life is a big party at everyone else's expense, they will turn up back in the Uk at 65 or when things get tricky get straight into their council house accommodation and carry on.

"Awesome" as the idiots would say.

I've often wondered why there are so many Brits in Thailand. I'm talking young Brits in their late 20s, early 30s, who should be pursuing careers in England. Instead, they are here working shit teaching jobs just so they can stay. What happens when they're 65 and have nothing? I have an excuse - I'm retired, got a pension and a ton of bucks in the bank. I'm here to chill. Is it realy that bad in England? Must be a miserable little island....

They are here for easily available poontang, that's why, anyone who says different is waffling.

UK is OK, as long as you have a few quid in your pocket and provided you live in a decent area. Beats me why anyone would want to come out here and draw a crappy Thai salary, gotta be the poontang!

I find it quite hilarious when people have this preconception that the only expats in Thailand should be old retiring people! And of course, I'm female and here for the poontang. *rolls eyes*

Some young people might actually be here because they enjoy Thailand and not all of them may be English teachers. Unlike majority (not all - some) of the old miserable lot on here who do nothing but complain about the country they moved to and their Thai wives and hookers etc. - It doesn't half make me laugh!

Money doesn't always bring happiness so whilst it's not the best salary in the world, it's still a better lifestyle over here for sure.

This generation are the pisshead generation where they dont accept any responsibility for anything its NEVER their fault life is a big party at everyone else's expense, they will turn up back in the Uk at 65 or when things get tricky get straight into their council house accommodation and carry on.

Also, talk about a HUGE flying generalization?

Maybe you do know some irresponsible people who would do that but surely it's a bit steep to give every young person that kind of label?

• Like 1

the reason why were in thailand is because next to a yanks intelligence, were all rocket scientists :rolleyes:

I'm not at all sure what language that is, or even if it indicates any evidence of intelligence as we know it.

Maybe you do know some irresponsible people who would do that but surely it's a bit steep to give every young person that kind of label?

It is a bit steep indeed and I can't condone it, but neither can I condone the generalization that all people of my era robbed the UK family jewels and left nothing for the current younger generation, many of us worked hard all our lives without making fortunes from property et al and saved hard without having gold plated public sector pensions. We don't disagree I suspect, juts wanted to make the point that the finger pointing goes both ways.

It is a bit steep indeed and I can't condone it, but neither can I condone the generalization that all people of my era robbed the UK family jewels and left nothing for the current younger generation, many of us worked hard all our lives without making fortunes from property et al and saved hard without having gold plated public sector pensions. We don't disagree I suspect, juts wanted to make the point that the finger pointing goes both ways.

Of course the finger pointing goes both ways however, it wasn't just your era that worked hard etc. I have been working since I was I was 16 and even before then I was doing odd end jobs for my neighbours for a bit of pocket money. I've never had a pension before in my life and I've never made a fortune. I worked a rubbish minimum wage job for years and saved hard so that eventually I could follow my dream and move here and work here.

Also, I know I'm a baby in comparison to most people on the forum so I'm not doing the whole "I've worked harder and longer than you!" game - I just want people to know that there are actually young people out there who aren't on any benefits who don't have a pension, who work their asses off to follow their dreams. We're not all irresponsible, booze-loving pissheads.

• Like 2

Ive never heard of an Island called England