What Name Do You Like The Most?

BIG SPUDS

What thai name for my daughter do you find most cute!  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like Mali, my neice in Uk is called Jasmine & I threatened, when preggers & before we knew he was a he, that I would call the baby Mali if a girl so they would both be called Jasmine but in different langauges. My neice loved te idea & even suggested we call the baby girl (tha never was) Mali Jasmine (surname) just to confuse things more :o

My wife decided to call our son (now nearly 4) Parinthon with a short name of Tiw.

Like my name is William (Bill) and I havent been called that since school, if I call him Parinthon he isnt sure who I am talking to.

ThaiVisa being called upon to name a newborn? Wow, a possible first? Start the celebration!!!!

(P.S. I voted "Kannika"--easy for a farang to say, and the cutest student in my class has the same name :o )

I used to like Mali, until I read the New York Times bestseller "Marley and me" (soon to be released as a movie). Unfortunately now it just seems too much like a doggie name :-(

I chose Sunisa, I think its pretty, feminine and mysterious.

I have a girl friend here, named Nattaya, and she uses the nickname, Nickie for farangs, it seems very close to the same, so you could think about it. She isn't a bargirl or anything, just a friend who works with farangs a lot. Her nickname in Thai is Nit.

I'm gonna add an "other" to the mix. Tassanee, it is my mother in laws name & I love it. You could even shorten it to nee or tassy.

For some reason it makes me think of music.

I'm gonna add an "other" to the mix. Tassanee, it is my mother in laws name & I love it. You could even shorten it to nee or tassy.

For some reason it makes me think of music.

Sassy Tassy!! Sorry I couldn’t help my self.

Kannika, sound Japanese

Kalaya, sounds Malaysian

Kanya, African

Nattaya, I like it got a South East Asian mix to it

Mali, Jamaican

Sunisa, alcohol beverage

Others, im sure you can come up with better ones then the above

The mrs has chosen against mali. I think its between Nattaya and Kannika. I already have one son his name is Sampuri , Sam obviously for short.

Who gave her a vote? OK, Nattaya sounds Romanian and Kannika's from the hood. I like Boo's MIL's name Tassanee next best.

Edited by lannarebirth

I think all names in the poll are completely ancient. Come on, you're naming a daughter, not a granny.

I haven't even MET a 'Mali' in 10 years. The other ones are almost equally stale. You can do MUCH better!

As an aside, I know it's not common to name kids after their parents/grand parents, but it's still an option to grab at least part of the name of a parent or grandparent (on either side). Then just morph it into something Thai.

Note that there's Thai baby naming sites out there; come on!

Edited by Jefferson