Maxnet Premier Users, Please Check Your Account !

marcus

A couple of weeks ago I upgraded my account to Premier. From the first moment, I felt there was something wrong, my speed did not increase a bit...

I contacted the help desk 3 times, and every time they told me nothing was wrong and I really have Premier.

Today, we had the "double speed upgrade", and yes of course, my down speed doubled, but my upspead is still 512 kbps, while it should be 1024 kbps if I really had Premier. The only package they have with an upload from 512 kbps is Indy, so I think there can be no doubt...

That they are not capable to manage their network well I know for a long time. But that they promote people to upgrade to a more expensive package and then give them the same crap as people who have the cheaper package really surprises me. Especially because I contacted them 3 already times about this subject

post-12567-1213965879_thumb.jpg

Edited by marcus

My upspeed also never got upgraded to 1024 even though downspeed went up to 2048. My account was started new as Premier though. I used to have Indy but that account was closed when we moved and in fact the new one is in my name whereas the old one was in my boyfriend's name, so I don't think there could be any "carryover" from there. So... I'd say that not getting the promised upspeed is not a side effect of the Indy to Premier upgrade.

Guest Reimar

If I can read english in an right way, than on the Website of Maxnet is stated that the Premier accounts having all the same upload: 512 kbps!

May you take a look at the picture below and than you explain how you get the idea of an upload of 512 kbps:

max_prem.jpg

Did I miss something?

Cheers.

Did I miss something?

Obviously, you did :o

Maxnet is upgrading it's speeds, and after the upgrade, the Premier and Biz accounts are supposed to have 1024 kbps upload. Only the Indy accounts remain 512 kbps.

post-12567-1213975659_thumb.jpg

But I was just called by a Maxnet technician. He told me that I really have a Premier account, but for the first time he also admitted that they have big problems with it ;-) It seems the upstream at my place can not be upgraded yet and my low speeds (sometimes as less as 700 kbps to their bkk server) are due to a wrong routing. He told me that in about a week the problem should be solved.

promotion.bmp

Edited by marcus

Guest Reimar
Did I miss something?

Obviously, you did :D

Maxnet is upgrading it's speeds, and after the upgrade, the Premier and Biz accounts are supposed to have 1024 kbps upload. Only the Indy accounts remain 512 kbps.

post-12567-1213975659_thumb.jpg

But I was just called by a Maxnet technician. He told me that I really have a Premier account, but for the first time he also admitted that they have big problems with it ;-) It seems the upstream at my place can not be upgraded yet and my low speeds (sometimes as less as 700 kbps to their bkk server) are due to a wrong routing. He told me that in about a week the problem should be solved.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, I was just capture and post that pic from their website TODAY! :o

Cheers.

If I can read english in an right way, than on the Website of Maxnet is stated that the Premier accounts having all the same upload: 512 kbps!

May you take a look at the picture below and than you explain how you get the idea of an upload of 512 kbps:

max_prem.jpg

Did I miss something?

Cheers.

You might tell me why I pay 4,280 a month fpr 2048

Cheers Mr Beer.................my upload is 4,000 (3,987) my download is 700 (697)

I think that's probably the other way around.

I am on a (new) premier account, and since the upgrade I am consistently getting about 90% rated download speed (now 2048), but the upload never gets above 450. Doesn't bother me too much as I don't upload alot, but it does suggest that they are having some teething problems, and the OP is not being 'ripped off'.

Will keep an eye on it over the next few days/ weeks.

Edit/ BTW Reimar, I only found out about this as it was printed on my bill earlier this week, they have basically doubled everyones speeds for free! They are on a big recruitment drive apparently. I am well impressed as I am now getting the same speeds as I was with CAT for less than half the price.

Edited by sweetchariot

Maxnet upped my Upstream Bandwidth just a couple of days ago, but they had upgraded my Downstream Bandwidth almost 3 weeks ago. I guess they just see Down as a Greater priority than Up. And the Differences Between Indy and premier are a lot more than just Bandwidth. On Indy they claim to throttle torrents , block VOIP and have a higher user to line ratio than premier, although it seems during this upgrade period Indy users have had some of the restriction (temporarily?) lifted.

A couple of weeks ago I upgraded my account to Premier. From the first moment, I felt there was something wrong, my speed did not increase a bit...

I contacted the help desk 3 times, and every time they told me nothing was wrong and I really have Premier.

Today, we had the "double speed upgrade", and yes of course, my down speed doubled, but my upspead is still 512 kbps, while it should be 1024 kbps if I really had Premier. The only package they have with an upload from 512 kbps is Indy, so I think there can be no doubt...

That they are not capable to manage their network well I know for a long time. But that they promote people to upgrade to a more expensive package and then give them the same crap as people who have the cheaper package really surprises me. Especially because I contacted them 3 already times about this subject

post-12567-1213965879_thumb.jpg

Guest Reimar

No no, it was already for weeks on their website and discussed on this forum :D

marcus:

if I tell I was just on an site and make a Screen shot: I just did that and that was the actual display at that moment.

Cheers.

No no, it was already for weeks on their website and discussed on this forum :D

marcus:

if I tell I was just on an site and make a Screen shot: I just did that and that was the actual display at that moment.

Cheers.

He's likely looking at this page, you're likely looking at this page.

I have max-net. How do I check my speed?

http://www.speedtest.net/

Cheers Mr Beer.................my upload is 4,000 (3,987) my download is 700 (697)

The speed your modem negotiates with Maxnet (= the theoretical speed of your package) can be checked in your router. For my Zyxel it is Maintenance -->System Status-->Show Statistics.

For your real speed, www.speedtest.net is indeed a very good site.

i wonder if i am the only one how get mad about the new promotion form maxnet. for several months a had premier 1024/512. was very happy with it, very stable and running fast enough for my use (up 6-800 / down 2-400). but since they increase the speed i have trouble with the uploading speed. the lowest is 26 kps :D , and it is never stable. i'm useing skye nearly every day, but the quality is that bad, it is more then just annoying to use it :D :D !

- my thai owner of my rented place call 1103 may times already. first they told her every time, everything is fine, no problem at all :o ... after the second week, tt&t admitted they have a problem :D . they will solve it till end of next month :D ! what kind of information did you get?

- what can i do? maybe using "biz" instead of "premier"?

- they told me, the "premier" is used only by 10 customer per line. is this correct?

- the "premier" upload is 512 kbs, not like (wrongly?) written 1024 kbs?

- how has the benefit download more than 1000 kbs? i don't see much different!

- is the "promotion price" for everyone or only for new client?

sorry about so many questions. but i really appreciated if i get some hints and more knowledge :DB)

cheers khun naamjai

220608pdf.pdf

They tell everyone premier lines are only shared by 10 people, but if a couple of those happen to be internet cafes then you will be sharing with 40 or 50.

The premier upload is now 1024, this was doubled as part of their upgrade, but mine still won't go above 450.

The 'promotion price' as you call it is for all customers, they have basically doubled everyones speeds for the same price.

I think they are having a few teething problems from doubling their bandwidth overnight, I'm sure it will be sorted soon, but I am still getting faster downloads in the meantime which is only good.

A cafe using a premier account is still using just 1 account and is treated as a single customer when it comes to bandwidth allocation. I hog way more bandwidth downloading torrents and usenet than a whole cafe full of Thais reading hi5 profiles and chatting on MSN.

They tell everyone premier lines are only shared by 10 people, but if a couple of those happen to be internet cafes then you will be sharing with 40 or 50.

max_prem.jpg

Did I miss something?

Cheers.

You might tell me why I pay 4,280 a month fpr 2048

Ouch I pay 1090 for 2048 from the same people !!!

And get a real international of about 1.8 Mbit..

Maxnet premier is by far the best line I have had in Thailand. Almost enough to not complain about Thai net any more.

I'm on the top Indy package & they just doubled the download speed to 4096, for the same price of Baht 1000 per month.

I did have to call their help line though, to get it switched over & a technician later called me to advise that it was now ok. The trouble was though, that my 5 year old wireless ADSL modem router couldn't handle or hadn't been designed to handle such a high speed and it failed immediately the new higher speed was switched through! technicians came to the house to confirm this.

A trip to buy a new Belkin Wireless Modem Router (Baht 2,199) & a short setup procedure and it connected immediately & am getting download of about 4,600 and uploads of about 460kbps.

Outstanding value & outstanding service. Have been with Maxnet for 4 years and can not speak too highly about their service or response time.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm on the top Indy package & they just doubled the download speed to 4096, for the same price of Baht 1000 per month.

I did have to call their help line though, to get it switched over & a technician later called me to advise that it was now ok. The trouble was though, that my 5 year old wireless ADSL modem router couldn't handle or hadn't been designed to handle such a high speed and it failed immediately the new higher speed was switched through! technicians came to the house to confirm this.

A trip to buy a new Belkin Wireless Modem Router (Baht 2,199) & a short setup procedure and it connected immediately & am getting download of about 4,600 and uploads of about 460kbps.

Outstanding value & outstanding service. Have been with Maxnet for 4 years and can not speak too highly about their service or response time.

I heard good feedback and i decide in my new place to switch from True to Maxnet, is it worth in your opinion?

Which package do you reccomend?

I tought about the premier one at 1990 bath at 3072/1024 or the 4096/1024 at 2500 bath, any suggestion?

Edited by kerr17

And at the end, I'm finally happy with my Premier. To cut a long story short : I was lucky that the technician of the helpdesk who handled my case, is a very professional person. Last Saturday, we spend over 2 hours on the telephone trying to figure out what was wrong with my internet. That it was not good, he could easily see, but all settings in his system seemed to be ok, so we finally agreed that he would send a technician to my place to check the line. Around 23.00 Hr, he called me again for another test, and yes, the problem was solved. He told me my connection goes through 2 exchanges, and only one was set up for the correct speed. As a result, my speed was much to low. And now internet works like a charm. For those interested in bittorrent : I ran the "Glassnost Test", and found out that bittorrent is in no way blocked on my account.