Things You Don’t Like Here In Thailand?

SAY WHAT !

You have to adapt or it will always grate on you

Agreed, but how. What's the secret? :o

Thai's have the same hates and dislikes as other nationalities. They have opinions, positions, but most of the time don't express them in an overt public way.However unlike some nationalties its smiles all around most of the time.... Thai's follow the 'revenge is dish best served cold' approach to human relations, similar to how politicians deal with each other back home.

I can deal with most of the things except - the traffic.

Two weeks ago, it took me 2.5 hours from Hua Hin to TFB building (on the other side of the Chao Praya) and then - 3 hours to get to my home at Ekkamai. No accidents, all toll roads, traffic cops everywhere but still.

Other than that, unless you fancy airconditioned shopping malls, there is nothing much to do there.

A new urbanistic plan aims to lift park (green) areas in BKK from 1.5sqm per capita up to 2sqm.

Nice try. Paris has 20sqm per head.

People who stop at the top (or bottom) of the escalator.

Taxi drivers who want to charge 200Baht for a 60Baht fare.

The sales staff in the electrical department in Central Pinklau. Why do they just follow you round and round in circles?

The fact that Rambutree Road was just tarred about 3 months ago (and a nice white line down the middle of the 1 way street) and lo and behold, they dug it all up again and now it resembles a 4WD track.

And because of the above, all the street vendors have been spilling their leftovers into the dirt road and it now smells like a septic tank. Yuk.

Valentines Day (or am I just jealous?)

But, having said that, I choose to live here and love it. The above things drive me crazy at times, but at other times they are a never ending source of amusement. It is things like these that actually keep me here.

'Home' is full of order and grumpy people. I'd rather be here in Thailand with the chaos and happy people.

Amazing Thailand? I think so.

I don't like the hotel rooms with twin size beds. Not sure why they are so common. I can't remember ever seeing a hotel in the States with twin beds. Usually, they have either two double or queen size beds or a single king size bed.

Dave.