A Night On The Town

RakJungTorlae

Quiet night without the missus.. Just a few drinks with the lads.. 2 - 3k ish...

WOW LivinLOS, 3k-ish for a "Quiet" night! Let's see... beer 80-100 baht a bottle -ish, thats 30 bottles min. :D Give me a call when you go for a "proper" session, I hate drinking with light-weights :o

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quiet night without the missus.. Just a few drinks with the lads.. 2 - 3k ish...

WOW LivinLOS, 3k-ish for a "Quiet" night! Let's see... beer 80-100 baht a bottle -ish, thats 30 bottles min. :D Give me a call when you go for a "proper" session, I hate drinking with light-weights :o

For some reason it never works out if you buy 10 bottles at 100 baht a bottle that youll spend 1000 baht, never been able to figure out why.

A simple question really. In Baht. How much do you spend when you hit the streets in the evening? I know it all depends. But how much do you expected to spend for the night out?. It doesn't matter where you are in Thailand. I'm bored and I just want to know. I normally carry 2000-3000 for the night.

The absolute stupidity of this question.

I am sorry my question doesn’t reach your intellectual standards, perhaps you can find it in your heart to forgive me? Life will just never be the same.

Keep Rolling.

I am glad you felt I am of higher intellect than you. But I wouldn't say I am.

You mentioned "I know it all depends. ", " I'm bored and I just want to know. " Well, you got no entertainment from me as far as I am concerned.

A simple question really. In Baht. How much do you spend when you hit the streets in the evening? I know it all depends. But how much do you expected to spend for the night out?. It doesn't matter where you are in Thailand. I'm bored and I just want to know. I normally carry 2000-3000 for the night.

The absolute stupidity of this question.

I am sorry my question doesn't reach your intellectual standards, perhaps you can find it in your heart to forgive me? Life will just never be the same.

Keep Rolling.

I am glad you felt I am of higher intellect than you. But I wouldn't say I am.

You mentioned "I know it all depends. ", " I'm bored and I just want to know. " Well, you got no entertainment from me as far as I am concerned.

That’s where you’re mistaken.

Bored? Yes was just being honest in the moment. Although a simple question did resave very interesting and educational answers and I am glad I asked, and I believe thaivisa is a good source of entertainment and information. Next time I will Wright down my thought on toilet paper and “use your imagination”.

Look if you want to be friends and need a beer just ask !!

Well, I thought about it some more, and there was a recent evening when I ordered wine and that set me back 2000B.

By comparison, in Osaka, a really big night out (with dinner in a pretty good place and drinks at a pub afterwards) is more like 5-9000B for anything vaguely reasonable (but of course the sky's the limit if you want it to be, there or here).

"S"

Dont drink beers much.. Mixers 120 - 150.. On a drinking night I seem to have 2 - 3k bins in multiple bars..

Round of shots ?? Buying a round (tho I tend to drink with guys who dont have crocodile arms) ?? Dont ask me where it goes.. I just find the crumpled 20s and 50's in my wallet the next day..

A friend of mine was out of the country for a couple of weeks. He returned so we decided to visit our favorite watering hole. We both drank our fill and I picked up the bill. It was a total of 220 baht plus I gave a 20 baht tip. He refused to allow me to pay and gave me 120 baht. It all depends on your location. :o

A friend of mine was out of the country for a couple of weeks. He returned so we decided to visit our favorite watering hole. We both drank our fill and I picked up the bill. It was a total of 220 baht plus I gave a 20 baht tip. He refused to allow me to pay and gave me 120 baht. It all depends on your location. :o

I don't think standing outside the local 7/11 counts as a night out ! :D

(or the local "mini Mini-mart" run out of the front of the neighbour's house) :D

(or the local "mini Mini-mart" run out of the front of the neighbour's house) :D

We don't have a 7-11 in Nong Hin. A big bottle of Archa is 32 baht. The Corner is the absolute best and nicest place to drink within 30 kilometers. We don't have a lot of choices out here in the boonies. We do have a karaoke but they only serve Leo and I don't like Leo.

Poor Seagull, he probably doesn't get out much.

The forum "stalker"... Finds anything to flame. Why not just move on for crying out aloud!!

Interesting thread.. Gives you some perspective at least.

1-3K with friends and good food.

Sorry guys, excuse me a mo' while I get all serious and philosophical here. There are some interesting numbers in this thread. Not just from a drinking perspective but from a lifestyle and desired standard of living aspect. I read many many threads here about "how much do you need to live on in Thailand?" and get quite depressed.

People talk about climbing off the "treadmill" that is killing them and ditching the rat-race in the west, only to get shot down by TV members who tell them to forget their dreams and keep working for another 10-15 years because they don't have enough money to "live" here. Conversely, there are those members who say "go for it" as you CAN be happy here on less than 500,000 baht :D a month.

If the guys giving that advice are the guys who need to unload 5k+ :o (many a Thai's monthly salary) for a night out, then I really have to question their financial advice relating to retirement.

We are all different. 5 large beers (250-500 baht?) once a week is living it up in my book. That's all I need, plus a pahd Thai, noodles or fried rice etc. every day to be very happy indeed. So, how much do I need coming in before I can give up the daily grind, retire, be happy and have a BIG night out once a week?

We don't have a 7-11 in Nong Hin. A big bottle of Archa is 32 baht. The Corner is the absolute best and nicest place to drink within 30 kilometers. We don't have a lot of choices out here in the boonies. We do have a karaoke but they only serve Leo and I don't like Leo.

In other words, the question here is really not that relevant to you.

That is fair enough.

But I have to agree that standing on the corner does not count as a night out.

Sorry guys, excuse me a mo' while I get all serious and philosophical here. There are some interesting numbers in this thread. Not just from a drinking perspective but from a lifestyle and desired standard of living aspect. I read many many threads here about "how much do you need to live on in Thailand?" and get quite depressed.

People talk about climbing off the "treadmill" that is killing them and ditching the rat-race in the west, only to get shot down by TV members who tell them to forget their dreams and keep working for another 10-15 years because they don't have enough money to "live" here. Conversely, there are those members who say "go for it" as you CAN be happy here on less than 500,000 baht :D a month.

If the guys giving that advice are the guys who need to unload 5k+ :o (many a Thai's monthly salary) for a night out, then I really have to question their financial advice relating to retirement.

We are all different. 5 large beers (250-500 baht?) once a week is living it up in my book. That's all I need, plus a pahd Thai, noodles or fried rice etc. every day to be very happy indeed. So, how much do I need coming in before I can give up the daily grind, retire, be happy and have a BIG night out once a week?

Although clearly rhetorical, the answer to your question is "jack shit". I too am amazed by the financial advice given by some members - I'd have trouble blowing the sort of baht they bandy about in the west.

It is very cheap to live a simple life here. Money will be racked up by family, children (schooling's expensive) and health issues, if you have any.

Well, I thought about it some more, and there was a recent evening when I ordered wine and that set me back 2000B.

By comparison, in Osaka, a really big night out (with dinner in a pretty good place and drinks at a pub afterwards) is more like 5-9000B for anything vaguely reasonable (but of course the sky's the limit if you want it to be, there or here).

"S"

I don’t even want to remember about the loot I spent in Japan for a few nights, it could last me half a year here. :o

That is fair enough.

it dose if they started to sing.

Just to clarify, The Corner is the name of the bar. We asked the owner why he charged only 32 baht for a beer and he told us that food was the main business and the Thai people wouldn't/couldn't pay more than 32 baht for a beer.

the owner.. ..told us that food was the main business and the Thai people wouldn't/couldn't pay more than 32 baht for a beer.

If I walked into a bar in my town and said I wouldn't pay more than 32 baht for a beer I'd spend the night being very thirsty :o

Just to clarify, The Corner is the name of the bar. We asked the owner why he charged only 32 baht for a beer and he told us that food was the main business and the Thai people wouldn't/couldn't pay more than 32 baht for a beer.

Sounds like my kind of joint. Where’s this plaice again??

Edited by RakJungTorlae

Although clearly rhetorical, the answer to your question is "jack shit". I too am amazed by the financial advice given by some members - I'd have trouble blowing the sort of baht they bandy about in the west.

It is very cheap to live a simple life here. Money will be racked up by family, children (schooling's expensive) and health issues, if you have any.

Marvo,some of these posts are a load of twaddle mate.If you want to retire,first spend 3-4 months here and check what YOUR lifestyle will be and take it from there.If you are not planning to stay with these guys in bk then you can live out here at the right price.I would never spend that much money on a night out,would rather give it to my stepson in his bank account,what a waste of money,shame on you guys.

I live in Nontaburi, and I can go out to the local restaurants upper end and pay around 800 baht.

If I go to the local beerbars with getting a lady to sit with me it would be around 3 to 5 thousand bath and that is for a very good time..

I like the bars out here and the girls they are not corrupted by the farang yet. And they like to see a farang go in and have fun, and I get treated very well in my local restaurants and bars...I feel like one of the locals

Just corrupted by the condom less thai guys.

Sounds like my kind of joint. Where’s this plaice again??

The place is called Nong Hin. It is about 50 kilometers south of Muang Loei on highway 201. It is a kind of a cowboy looking place with a lot of natural finished wood trim. Actually looks like pine,and there is a large wooden statue of a cowboy inside. The new proprietor is named Nitnoi. He speaks English pretty well. The rent per month is 3,500 baht and that includes his living quarters. I hope he does well but at 32 baht for a beer, he has to sell a lot of food. A bowl of good noodle soup is 25 baht. :o

ADDED - I should mention that the new owner is also a musician and that he has plans for live entertainment once in a while. He is now in the process of hooking up all the wiring for speakers and whatever.

Edited by Gary A

Marvo,some of these posts are a load of twaddle mate.If you want to retire,first spend 3-4 months here and check what YOUR lifestyle will be and take it from there.If you are not planning to stay with these guys in bk then you can live out here at the right price.I would never spend that much money on a night out,would rather give it to my stepson in his bank account,what a waste of money,shame on you guys.

Hi Bratpack, between contracts, I've had the oportunity to happily live over here for some 14 months over the last two years. I have been scratching my head over posts from people saying that 70 - 80,000 baht upwards a month is needed to live here "comfortably". I guess these are that same people who would need £70-£80,000 ($140-$160,000) salaries in the "west" to live happily and comfortably :D .

I'm with you all the way on not thinking it worthwhile donating thousands of baht to a swanky pi$taking restaurant owner for the privilage of sitting on a padded seat and using his cloth napkin. But if pi$ing their hard earned cash up the wall makes some people happy... :o .

That is fair enough.

it dose if they started to sing.

:D

I guess so.

:D

Up to them if they want to go somewhere quiet for a good chat.Not for me but dont knock them for what they want to do.Have you noticed on this post that the ones who critisise are the ones from bk.What is it with you lot cant you just accept what people want to do.