Oishi Rip-off Phuket

g00dgirl

I just found something, looks like I am not the only one who made the observation that OISHI Phuket is charging different prices for the same deal:

Underhand tactics employed by Oishi Phuket

The fact remains, my friends get charged there 300 Baht per person, so do other Thai people, for their buffet

while some other people get charged more than double that price for the same thing.

Look at the menu/special offer board and pay the price quoted.....no way of a misunderstanding then.....east peasy, common practice in restaurants worldwide.

There is no menu.. its a buffet...

The missus went with her mates.. and paid the same 399 or 395.. that we paid when I go..

There is no menu.. its a buffet...

The missus went with her mates.. and paid the same 399 or 395.. that we paid when I go..

actually they do have some promotions, mainly through thai credicard companies. I v been down to 333 baht, but only when payed with thai creditcard.

Next time you go near Index go to Farang Restaurant. Great food, western food, affordable and good service. My favorite is the grilled mixed vegtable salad with balsamic. its right next to index on Chaofa.

gotta say i agree with misterman here. farang is a wonderful little restaurant with wonderful food at great prices. kit, the owner, used to be one of the chefs at Kuppa in bangkok, so he knows his stuff.

Yep agree as well tend to go there once a month and friends all go as well - service, food, menu choice and deserts are all great well worth a visit and reasonable costs too!

• 2 weeks later...
In Phuket townm there are 2 restaurants where you eat as much as you want for little as 130 bht. KP restaurant and the one near Super Cheap.

Ooops, never heard about the one near Super Cheap. Where is it, how to find? I remember only some car dealers nearby and nothing more...

Edited by dmitryspb

Next time you go near Index go to Farang Restaurant. Great food, western food, affordable and good service. My favorite is the grilled mixed vegtable salad with balsamic. its right next to index on Chaofa.

gotta say i agree with misterman here. farang is a wonderful little restaurant with wonderful food at great prices. kit, the owner, used to be one of the chefs at Kuppa in bangkok, so he knows his stuff.

Sorry Donna, but have to tell you that the "Farang Restaurant" meanwhile is overpriced, the food is terrible and the owner shot.

Bagsida

Sorry Donna, but have to tell you that the "Farang Restaurant" meanwhile is overpriced, the food is terrible and the owner shot.

Bagsida

While it's true that the owner was shot while sitting at his resturant (& died), I disagree that the food is terrible or overpriced. I know cos I eat there at least twice a week or more and I consider the food very tasty, well presented, and good value for money.

Bagsida

While it's true that the owner was shot while sitting at his resturant (& died), I disagree that the food is terrible or overpriced. I know cos I eat there at least twice a week or more and I consider the food very tasty, well presented, and good value for money.

O.k. so might be something has changed there again, but the last time I was there about 1.5 years ago, the food from all of us was not acceptable and some of us returned it - they offered them a free (and poor) pizza but charged for the uneatable food nevertheless - that was the last time for me and my friends there.

The worst was the roasted dug on salat, becauce it was something porky, undefinable, cooked (not roasted) piece of meat on mashed potatoes with some salat leafes which tasted disgusting.

The price there was never cheap, but o.k. if you compare it with Kata, Karon or Patong prices it´s not too bad, but the Farang Restaurant is in Phuket Town, where you can find the same or better food for lower prices everywhere.

Better visit "Sizzler" or "Black Canyon Coffee" (both in Central Festival).

Bagsida

Never paid more than Baht 400 per person at Oishi. Received discounts when paying with Thai credit card too. Not a bad place to go but try to avoid time slots when Chinese and Korean tours invade the place: elbowing, que jumping, belching and other disgusting things.

Bagsida

seconded

spicy shrimp salad, fettuccini carbonara and tenderloin steak all less than 100 baht each, very good and excellent service. try the blueberry cheese cake too, at least 1000 delicious kcal :) .

Bagsida

seconded

spicy shrimp salad, fettuccini carbonara and tenderloin steak all less than 100 baht each, very good and excellent service. try the blueberry cheese cake too, at least 1000 delicious kcal :) .

O.k. like I wrote before, might be something has changed there again in the last 1.5 years - may be I will try it again.

Bagsida

O.k. like I wrote before, might be something has changed there again in the last 1.5 years - may be I will try it again.

Bagsida

We were there today, beef salad, some pork with rice (Thai I don´t remember what is was exactly), duck liver on salad, 2 coke, 1 water = THB 350,-

I had the duck liver - came with some onion rings on fresh salad, salad without any dressing, liver about 100g (too small) - was o.k. but had much better before in Europe, for much higher price.

The my friends told me the beef salat (Thai) was o.k. but came with mayonese, what is not Thai-Style, the pork also was o.k., so over all the food is not overpriced, the quality is o.k. but the portions are to small if you really hungry.

For a real meal not only a snack I prefer "Fatty´s Restaurant" where you can get a huge cordon bleu (pork) with french fries and salad or vegetables for THB 190,-

Made be I will visit the Farang Restaurant again.

Bagsida

• 5 weeks later...

Oishi Buffet actually does have a discount, called VIP. Pay 5.500 baht, get 13 "free" coupongs and have 10% discount on every Oishi establishment in LOS. Some other discounts to, but havent looked more closely at it. Valid for a year. Bought it today.

Only disadvantage is having late lunch there makes me so full i cant eat in the eveningB)

I have gone full circle.. From 'It cant be that cheap' to 'wow its a great deal' to 'Its not the best stuff but..' and last time I wanted sushi I was back in fuji..

I guess I am just not a buffet kinda guy.. Buffets like that make me want to over eat to get my moneys worth, and the sashimi and nice stuff isnt as nice as fuji.. If I am hungry and really just want to chow down, OK maybe oishi.. But if I am treating myself to sushi, I want those avacado rolls, smoked eel, and sashimi thats been sliced with a knife not an axe :)

Its is value.. But so is sizzler and I dont go there for a steak either !!

I have gone full circle.. From 'It cant be that cheap' to 'wow its a great deal' to 'Its not the best stuff but..' and last time I wanted sushi I was back in fuji..

I guess I am just not a buffet kinda guy.. Buffets like that make me want to over eat to get my moneys worth, and the sashimi and nice stuff isnt as nice as fuji.. If I am hungry and really just want to chow down, OK maybe oishi.. But if I am treating myself to sushi, I want those avacado rolls, smoked eel, and sashimi thats been sliced with a knife not an axe :)

Its is value.. But so is sizzler and I dont go there for a steak either !!

agree on Fuji quality

but Oishi once a week at 340 baht average IS great value good stuff. Oishi ramen once a week with 10% discount, Sizzler once a week, no problem to maintain my 100kg:lol: :lol: