Dental Veneers

mark100

About 3 years ago I had 4 veneers on my upper front teeth. Poor dentistry in the UK, resulted in me having too many teeth taken out when I was young and my teeth sort of relaxed…. a little too much. Adding to this they were a little ‘wonky’ from various sporting collisions (Rugby and football at Uni – one tooth nearly died and went grey, only to come back to life after about 4 months). I decided to do something about this about 6 years ago, and after wearing a fixed brace for about nine months, my teeth were level and straight, but I still had the gaps. I lived with the gaps for a few years, then decided to go for veneers.

Since I have had veneers (I’m not sure of the correct term) fixed, I haven’t looked back.

However, a friend of mine in the UK (who is a dentist) warns that while veneers can make a huge improvement, its possible that the real teeth underneath could rot which is why I went to a highly recommended dentist in Bangkok.

Tantrakit (I think that’s the name. At All Seasons Place – on the 3rd floor of the shopping mall next to the Conrad hotel). The process took about 4 days, start to finish (2 sittings but I had to wait to have the veneers made) and cost me about 55,000 baht (if I remember correctly). I consider it money very well spent.

About 3 years ago I had 4 veneers on my upper front teeth. Poor dentistry in the UK, resulted in me having too many teeth taken out when I was young and my teeth sort of relaxed…. a little too much. Adding to this they were a little 'wonky' from various sporting collisions (Rugby and football at Uni – one tooth nearly died and went grey, only to come back to life after about 4 months). I decided to do something about this about 6 years ago, and after wearing a fixed brace for about nine months, my teeth were level and straight, but I still had the gaps. I lived with the gaps for a few years, then decided to go for veneers.

Since I have had veneers (I'm not sure of the correct term) fixed, I haven't looked back.

However, a friend of mine in the UK (who is a dentist) warns that while veneers can make a huge improvement, its possible that the real teeth underneath could rot which is why I went to a highly recommended dentist in Bangkok.

Tantrakit (I think that's the name. At All Seasons Place – on the 3rd floor of the shopping mall next to the Conrad hotel). The process took about 4 days, start to finish (2 sittings but I had to wait to have the veneers made) and cost me about 55,000 baht (if I remember correctly). I consider it money very well spent.

Thanks for the reply Richard, my teeth aren't so bad but 20 years of drinking diet coke has took its toll. l work as a personal trainer in the UK and Thailand and unfortunately it's an image driven industry and l have to look my best. My teeth seem to have lost alot of the enamel and seem to look transparent in places, so i'm not sure what to do.

l did wonder myself about the teeth rotting underneath, is there something they do to seal the tooth before applying the veneer ??

Maybe l should consider another career then l would'nt need to worry !!!!

About 3 years ago I had 4 veneers on my upper front teeth. Poor dentistry in the UK, resulted in me having too many teeth taken out when I was young and my teeth sort of relaxed…. a little too much. Adding to this they were a little 'wonky' from various sporting collisions (Rugby and football at Uni – one tooth nearly died and went grey, only to come back to life after about 4 months). I decided to do something about this about 6 years ago, and after wearing a fixed brace for about nine months, my teeth were level and straight, but I still had the gaps. I lived with the gaps for a few years, then decided to go for veneers.

Since I have had veneers (I'm not sure of the correct term) fixed, I haven't looked back.

Tantrakit (I think that's the name. At All Seasons Place – on the 3rd floor of the shopping mall next to the Conrad hotel). The process took about 4 days, start to finish (2 sittings but I had to wait to have the veneers made) and cost me about 55,000 baht (if I remember correctly). I consider it money very well spent.

Thanks for the reply Richard, my teeth aren't so bad but 20 years of drinking diet coke has took its toll. l work as a personal trainer in the UK and Thailand and unfortunately it's an image driven industry and l have to look my best. My teeth seem to have lost alot of the enamel and seem to look transparent in places, so i'm not sure what to do.

l did wonder myself about the teeth rotting underneath, is there something they do to seal the tooth before applying the veneer ??

Maybe l should consider another career then l would'nt need to worry !!!!

Sounds like OP has a similar problem to me. After 30 years of smoking, coffee, etc my teeth look stained and were wearing at the gum line. I'm not wholly sure what was done but I had a kind of resin treatment to fill in the small cavities and provide a sort of veneer over the tooth. It looks good and more importantly no pain. Each tooth cost about 500 each, or to be more accurate 500 per surface.