Proprty As Business

Anybody that has any advice on this query would be a saint :o

I have nearly completed a two bedroom villa that has everything that a top class hotel has inccluding swimming pool jacuzzi, large beds with en-suites UBC etc.

I have 2 years free advertising in a group of magazines I sold last year which I can use to encourage people to come to Thailand and instead of staying in a hotel we would take care of their every need.

I am aiming the venture at Couples only with the underlying theme being Golf as the magazines were Golf related. ( 9 magazins and a website) so exposure will be very good.

I am very confident that I will get enough business to make the venture work as I can be very competative on price compared with the hotel (my needs are modest) and I am aware that the middle aged market place I am aiming at probably prefer to lounge around by their own pool rather thatn share it with others they do not know. I can drive them into town when they want to go and collect them (I am only 10 mins from the centre of CM.)

My query is: How do I charge for it.? I have an offshore company in the Chanel Islands and a bank account here. The business does not warrent me employing enough staff for me to get a work permit, so I could run it in my wife's name to avoid that , but I could take a credit card that goes to my Offshore account couldn't I ?

Being an honest person and I in no way wanting to flout Thai law, but by the same time being a business man how do I go about it.? Calls can come to me on an 0845 number and I suppose I can take a credit card number for the deposit and they can pay the remainder in cah when they arrive. I have the right sort of vehicle to take them on trips etc (6 seater) and have somewhere else to stay while they are occupying the property.

If anybody has any thoughts on this matter I would greatly appreciate them

thanks in advance

TP

If you want to be legal...form a company and get a work permit. You do not need to have four Thais employed to get a work permit. No reason you should not do this and be legal.

It only takes one person that didn't like your service and then you'll get the knock on the door from immigration.

www.sunbeltasia.com