3nd Renewal Today

3nd year and same lady evertime, my bank is scb do not no if every bank makes there books up the same,

but this year she said that as it is made up. Its reads as if it had gone below, 800,000 within the 3 months.

the problem comes up when they add the interest . on the next line they print -- the amount tax was payed on

++ amount that tax was not payed on. then on the next line they print ++ the amount that tax was payed--then the total

printing it this way under the balance column the total falls below the 800,000. although there is a lot more in balance.

but she said that as I was one of her regular customers she would pass it this year, but must not let it show like

that again. she knows i have a current account as well and told me to bring the money into thailand into my current

account, and just leave the 800,000 in my deposit account, but that would still mean changing the time that the interest is

payed. she then said that next year she will be seeing me at the new place, as she will be moving over there, but as yet they

have not got a date for the move. but with all that I was still out in 15 mins.

I just thought it might save someone else trouble some time.

Rook,

I am not from your area, but your report is a classic case study in the perils of dealing with Thai immigration and how it can vary from one office to the next. Your case borders on the absurd, really. This officer acknowledged she understands what the bank book reads and yet it doesn't qualify. Wow!

Thanks for the report.

Edited by Jingthing

jingthing

unfortunately she is reading the book correctly, it is the bank that in my opinion is righting the book wrong.

I am goinging to see the manager next week, but have no hope of getting them to change how the book

is printed. but it does not change the fact that she knows I have enough in it, they are probably worried

that some one above them will say some thing, but at least I have my visa for this year.

I don't follow this at all.

If Rook has 800K and interest is added, then the total increases.

Even if tax is deducted surely the total should still be over 800K??

How can the tax exceed the interest?

3nd year and same lady evertime, my bank is scb do not no if every bank makes there books up the same,

but this year she said that as it is made up. Its reads as if it had gone below, 800,000 within the 3 months.

the problem comes up when they add the interest . on the next line they print -- the amount tax was payed on

++ amount that tax was not payed on. then on the next line they print ++ the amount that tax was payed--then the total

printing it this way under the balance column the total falls below the 800,000. although there is a lot more in balance.

but she said that as I was one of her regular customers she would pass it this year, but must not let it show like

that again. she knows i have a current account as well and told me to bring the money into thailand into my current

account, and just leave the 800,000 in my deposit account, but that would still mean changing the time that the interest is

payed. she then said that next year she will be seeing me at the new place, as she will be moving over there, but as yet they

have not got a date for the move. but with all that I was still out in 15 mins.

I just thought it might save someone else trouble some time.

It sounds like they debit the tax first then credit the interest second.

This results in you dipping below the 800k baht.

E.g:

800,000 balance

- 1,000 tax = 799,000 balance.

+ 5,000 interest = 804,000 balance

The answer is keep a balance your account greater than the minimum required plus the amount of tax they may levy.

That way, even with their shifty adjustment you'll still be over the 800k.

E.g:

801,000 balance

- 1,000 tax = 800,000 balance.

+ 5,000 interest = 805,000 balance

That may fix your problem.

Edited by rockyysdt

astral

the tax does not exceed the interest, to unstand you need to look at were I have put --- or ++

I have not got a copyer so can not show you the book, but there is a lot more in there than 800,000

but was not all payed in at the same time, hence the interest is not all payed at the same time,

I thought some people would not understand it, it is not easy to write it would have been better

to show copy, but as I have said I cannot sorry.

To protect yourself next time get the Bank manager to write a letter that at all times in the past 3 months you had at least

฿800,000 in your account, although as I have posted elsewhere many immigration offices don't require it to be there for 3 months, Mukdahan being one. Issangeorge.

Issangeorge

My bank manager is a woman and is the best bank manager I have ever had in my life, every year when

I need my letter I phone her even if she is at home it is no problem, she is one of the most helpfull people

I have meet in thailand, and am meeting her next week to discuss,the way the book is printed, but as she said

to me when I phoned her she did not think head office would change the way the books are printed, at immirgration

she new I had the money but the balance column , when the interest is added shows as though you take it out and

put it straight back in, she then said my balance was not maintained over the 800,000. And my letter said i had maintained

that amount and more for over 9 months, but she smiled and said the book does not show that.