Opticans Prices

hi i will be in Samui soon and my glasses are on their last legs (me too) i was wondering if i should hang on and get some made in Samui while i'm there, so question is what is the quality and prices like i wear varifocals with reactolite lenses.

thanks for any help

Second that - Khun Numchai - excellent optician

Used them for 7 years without a problem

p.s Mind the big lamp post in front of the shop - can't tell you how many times I've walked straight into it! :o

Edited by The Vulcan

I just got a test & estimate at the place in Tesco last Friday. They said 1000 baht for the lenses and almost 3000 for the frames. During the test the lenses didn't make things that much better so I'll probably pass.

Edited by koheesti

Khun Numchai sounds like just who i'm looking for............................just one question do you bump into the lampost on your way in or on your way out, a minor point but quite important to me :o

Second that - Khun Numchai - excellent optician

Used them for 7 years without a problem

p.s Mind the big lamp post in front of the shop - can't tell you how many times I've walked straight into it! :o

third that

SAWANG - no BS - longest established Optician on Ko Samui!

No Franchise, No Branches, come back next year or any other and enjoy their service!

Agree 100% I have never had a problem. All my visitors go there and have always been very satisfied. Warning: Don't stroke the little fat dog as he nips(shortsighted I think).

Sounds like we all agree!!! :o:D:D

Nice one isn't it! :D

One example, I saw strolling down beach rd. a pair of Tag Heuer frameless... went in the Samui Optician something fancy shop and been offered 14.xxx incl. the lenses, with the exception that if i would like "better" lenses I would have to pay up - unable to answer my question "how much more"... I left, found a couple of days later the same frame at Sawang for 7xxx !

That is all I have to say!

Sounds like we all agree!!! :o:D:D

Nice one isn't it! :D

One example, I saw strolling down beach rd. a pair of Tag Heuer frameless... went in the Samui Optician something fancy shop and been offered 14.xxx incl. the lenses, with the exception that if i would like "better" lenses I would have to pay up - unable to answer my question "how much more"... I left, found a couple of days later the same frame at Sawang for 7xxx !

That is all I have to say!

Still got my 2004 glasses and are good as new! :D:D From Sawang.

many thanks to all who took the trouble to post answers, it is pretty obvious to me where i need to go for my new glasses, Boater those in your avatar didn't come from Sawang optical did they :o

thanks again