Tot Wont Give Me A Number

telaksslave

ive just gone to TOT pattaya klang 3 times in fact, i had a different answer each time, a house that i rent the previous tenant decided to not to have a line so it was canceled, but hes left now a prospective tenant wants the line reconnected, he needs the internet, TOT have told me that they cannot give me a line ie: "a number" as they have run out of numbers and they dont know when i can have 1, so i went to TT&T same answer " cannot" any ideas how to get round the system there usually is, when uv lined a few palms :o

The same thing happened to me when i asked for a number, remember that if its for internet connection the company that does eventually give you a number will be the one that provides you with your internet connection. So i would suggest you keep trying with TT&T as their internet seems to be better than TOT.

Thats what i did, i kept going to their office until they finally said that they had a number available, it took about 6 weeks though! :o

The same thing happened to me when i asked for a number, remember that if its for internet connection the company that does eventually give you a number will be the one that provides you with your internet connection. So i would suggest you keep trying with TT&T as their internet seems to be better than TOT.

Thats what i did, i kept going to their office until they finally said that they had a number available, it took about 6 weeks though! :o

that is not correct, i don't live far from my rented house and i have a TOT line where i live and i was not happy with TOT internet, so i changed my internet to TT&T. which by the way is better, so my line number was changed to a TT&T number, but try to understand this BS, i have to pay my new number with a TOT bin, so when i go into TOT office to pay the bin in a TOT letterhead i am paying TT&T, TOT own all of TT&T lines, but why be surprised anymore of what a joke TOT is, they really dont care, all they have to do, is what any other phone company do in the world add an extra digit, but thats a bit too complicated for them

Thats what i did, i kept going to their office until they finally said that they had a number available, it took about 6 weeks though! :D

that is not correct, i don't live far from my rented house and i have a TOT line where i live and i was not happy with TOT internet, so i changed my internet to TT&T. which by the way is better, so my line number was changed to a TT&T number, but try to understand this BS, i have to pay my new number with a TOT bin, so when i go into TOT office to pay the bin in a TOT letterhead i am paying TT&T, TOT own all of TT&T lines, but why be surprised anymore of what a joke TOT is, they really dont care, all they have to do, is what any other phone company do in the world add an extra digit, but thats a bit too complicated for them

Why is that not correct? What i said, is exactly what you said :o You changed to TT&T internet so you were given a TT&T number.

I had the same problem when I moved house.

I went to TOT to try to get a number, and was told there were no numbers available. I then went to TT&T who told me the same. I went back to TOT and they put me on a waiting list. I waited a week or so and never heard anything, by this time I was about to move into my house so I tried at TT&T again and successfully got a line no problem.

Two weeks later TOT called and said they had a line available..

A friend of mine moved into a house on the same soi as me. They went to TT&T and asked for a line. TT&T informed them that they don't have numbers on the soi I live in. My friend then told them that cannot be true as we had TT&T, and gave them our information, They soon changed their story and said that they had found an available number for them.

Just keep trying.. Good luck!

Thats what i did, i kept going to their office until they finally said that they had a number available, it took about 6 weeks though! :D

Why is that not correct? What i said, is exactly what you said :o You changed to TT&T internet so you were given a TT&T number.

yes i was given a TT&T number TOT own the line TT&T rent it off of them, u have to go to TOT to pay for your TT&T land line number, i know it don't sound right ?? but it is, ITS CRAZY

I know, it is a crazy system, but my advice is don't bother with TOT, just keep on going to the TT&T office and ask them to put you on a waiting list, also give the girls that work in there a bit of charm that could work to your advantage in getting up the list a lot quicker! :o

Why are you going to TOT to pay your TT&T number. I understand that the bill says TOT, but you have to understand that the number is issued by TT&T and you can pay both your TT&T internet and TOT line bill of 107 Baht at TT&T. All the lines are leased from TOT.

Barry

did i read somewhere that they are adding a digit to the phone number system?

From what I gather it's not the lack of available numbers, but the lack of capacity in the local exchanges. When I switched to TT&T for internet they said there were no numbers available at my local exchange, but they could bring a line from a few soi's away at xx baht per metre. I agreed to this at an estimated cost of 3,000 bt, but when they came there was a line available after all.

My personal experience last month.

I wanted to rent a house in town, but I told the Thai lady that owned the house that I would only have it if a phone line with ADSL was installed first.

We went to the local TOT office together with a translator, no problem, filled in all the forms, but they would have to come and see where the house was to make sure they could run a line to it, why I have no idea as the house next door had a telephone, and don't they have a network diagram of the town to show where all the cables run (sorry, stupid assumption)

Three days later, get a call saying that they don't have any numbers available.

Call them back to remind them that I already have a number they can use.

Another three days later get a call saying that the house is too far from the road to run a cable.

Call them back to tell them that the house next door has a telephone.

Silence for the next few days, so I tell the landlady "sorry, cannot move"

Next day, I get a call from a neighbour of landlady who speaks good English "Man from TOT is here, where do you want the telephone?"

I drive to the house to find a man in a TOT van who tells me that he has bought a number for me from one of the Amphur employees and I owe him 5,500 Baht for the number and installation, if I wanted it to happen...... I considered telling him about the fact that I already had a number, but realised that it was too early in the morning for that painful an experience.

Paid him (no receipt obviously) and an hour later I had a working ADSL line.

P.S. I tried TT&T during the time, bloody pointless as all their contact numbers just put you through to the sales avoidance department.

P.P.S. Advert, anyone reading this who needs a number in this area, I've got one, dead cheap.