Window Screen Needed

deejah

the windows slide open from the middle

the most viable option appears to me

to create a window screen and frame that fits into the space when the window is open

and take it out when the window is closed

there is no area on the slide track available

sooooooo

anyone know a handy person near soi excite, soi buo caow, or soi chiapoon

who i can hire?

if not in that area, central pat or ...

or how can i create this easily for myself

rant

management says

'no customer complain about mosquito before, close your window'

(silent scream)

signed

bitten by mosquitoes

If you are handy with some basic woodwork and glue, you can buy sheets if the same plastic mosquito netting used in professionally made aluminum mossie screens at HomePro. Grab yourself some glue or a stapler and some thin batten and you should be able to knock up a removable screen like the one you want. Or you may consider using pvc pipe for the framework, using the moulded elbows and t-pieces and make something more rigid if the blue color doesn't clash with your drapes.

thanks folks for the input

on a second viewing i did notice one small extra (male/protruding) track for a movable as opposed to removable screen

where is home pro?

i am afraid to design it and then have someone build it and then it won't fit properly

not sure yet how much leeway the window space will allow

i am thinking a contractor should come and measure the window and do the work

not sure i am up for this job

any reliable affordable ones?

this is a small job and a smallish window

shouldn't take too much time effort or materials

the idea is to let the breeze in and keep the mosquitoes out (fine mess)

primarily for nighttime sleeping which is the most annoying time to be bitten

thanks again

We just had 10 screens made and installed yesterday, half of them 90x120 cm, the rest 90x210 cm, and installed on existing track. cost under 6000 baht. Not worth doing it yourself. Very good fit and finish.

If you want, I can find the name for you.

Unfortunately, I only have a name and phone number. It was arranged via a Thai friend living in our condo complex. If you don't have Thai language yourself, you may want to use a friendly Thai speaker to make the connection. We were very impressed by the quality of their product, and the speed on production, installed the ten screens two days after we ordered them.

His name is Mr Lee Tung (sorry, this computer doesn't seem to have Thai script), PH 084 7862585

I had screens made for my Condo by a place across the street from Carefour. It is the Soi that is opposite to the front door across Pattaya Klang. Just go down the Soi for maybe half a block and you will see it on the left hand side if your back is to Carefour. They came to my condo and measured the windows and for 2,400 THB I got a large screen for the balcony that fit in the existing track of the sliding glass door. They also created, from scratch, at double window screen that opened in the middle. This allowed me not to have to alter the existing frame since the windows open outwards and the new screen opens inward. They came to measure on Thursday and installed the screens on Saturday. :o

• 1 month later...
Unfortunately, I only have a name and phone number. It was arranged via a Thai friend living in our condo complex. If you don't have Thai language yourself, you may want to use a friendly Thai speaker to make the connection. We were very impressed by the quality of their product, and the speed on production, installed the ten screens two days after we ordered them.

His name is Mr Lee Tung (sorry, this computer doesn't seem to have Thai script), PH 084 7862585

his name is A

they installed a 2 piece sliding window screen for 900 baht

fast work

looks like quality to me so far

nice guys too

thanks so much

If you are handy with some basic woodwork and glue, you can buy sheets if the same plastic mosquito netting used in professionally made aluminum mossie screens at HomePro. Grab yourself some glue or a stapler and some thin batten and you should be able to knock up a removable screen like the one you want. Or you may consider using pvc pipe for the framework, using the moulded elbows and t-pieces and make something more rigid if the blue color doesn't clash with your drapes.

great service and fair prices by kh. suvit, the glass/alushop just below carrefour on pattaya klang. say hello from michael/honda. the guy is great and can be highly recommended. one of the few good companies in town.

good luck.

michael

Edited by homeless007