100 Things You Didn't Know About Thailand

qwertz

The bar girls aren't calling you "Darling" (English)..... they are called you "NaLing" (Thai -> Monkey Face)

You wont find that on Wikipedia !!!

speak :D:o for yourself!

Thais will refer to ferangs as Nah -ling because they have big round eyes like a monkey :D

Ferangs will refer to Thais as Nah -ling because they often have flat faces with a little nose bridge making them look like monkeys :D

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In Thailand, it is illegal to leave your house without wearing underwear. :o

Kan Win :D

It is also illegal to ride a motorbike without wearing a helmet and while using a mobile phone - on market days and in tourist areas. However, Thais can ride without helmets whilst using mobile phones with up to 7 passengers, so long as the driver is at least 7 years of age. (Excluding market days ofcourse!)

Edited by whatsoever

Central department store is the first .........and Chidlom is its first branch.

err, that would be central wangburapha...... :o

If it's true, then I didn't know that and .....never heard of it and never been there, while growing up - except Chidlom branch which used to be called Seelom branch.

There's a Central Silom down near the Narai Hotel; it's been there since the 60s. Was Chitlom earlier? Wangburapha the first, eh? Makes sense.

it is almost impossible to grow potatoes in Thailand apart from cooler northern provinces,...the problem is believed to be that Thai soil and weather conditions create a growth spurt that the poor potato can not keepup with hence it matures inside without being in the position to maintain this,......hence it dies!

Edited by dee123

...mosquitos are attracted to smelly feet and body odour including your breath, drinking large amoubts of alchohol can sometimes put the mossies off track as they don't drink....they buzz around your ear to check if you are asleep then when the little bastards are sure you are asleep they they stick their dirty little syringe type needle into your blood supply and feed themselves.

Edited by dee123

:D .....well I told my mum I wouldn't need my balaclava !

It would take the wool from approximately 1.118 million average sheep to knit a balaclava helmet for each member of the Thai population......(and a considerable number of old women to knit them too)

Sorry hate to knit pick :o but it would be approximately 1.119 million average sheep.

TBWG :D

The worlds number one 'spin kicker' has announced that he wishes to reside in Thailand :D

:o

Thailand will soon be home to the largest arms and smallest (insert your choice) in the world.