Scheduled Maintenance--km Or Time?

According to the owner's manual of my Honda Jazz, I am past due for scheduled maintenance. But I'm wondering if I really am past due and it's not just a money making ploy.

The scheduling is determined by both mileage and time. For example, 10 K or 6 months, 20 K or 12 months, 30 K or 18 months, etc...

I've had the car for slightly over 24 months and according to the manual I'm due for maintenance....but I'm nowhere near 40 K. In fact, I'm not even at 27K, and I changed the oil, oil filter and air filter at 23K (for my scheduled 30 K or 18 months).

So, because I've had the car for 24 months the manual states that I should change the auto transmission fluid, the oil, oil filter and air filter. I called the local dealership to ask them their opinion, and not too surprisingly they strongly recommended that I change everything mentioned in the manual. I'm thinking that I should only change the oil and the oil filter, but replacing the air filter and the auto trans fluid should be based on mileage and not time.

Do you agree? Or am I just being stingy...and that it will probably end up costing me more on repairs in the long wrong run.

Thanks.

If your car is still under warranty then get the service done, we don't want to give them an excuse to invalidate your guarantee.

Otherwise, it's obviously up to you. Personally I've always gone on mileage, but I tend to do >20k per year anyway so the time factor never really comes into it.