Whats Your Fav Franchised Food Restaurant

RamdomChances

Me well I quite like MK did'nt like it at first but the wife loves it. Its sort of grown on me, the roast duck is great and those green noddles to go with it, I even dont mind the suki now.

Cant stand KFC I dont know why anyone would pay that much for chicken here when you can just buy it off the side of the road.

The Pizza Company I think is better than Pizza hut and I have to admit I do like a Mc Donalds now and again.

What about you?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like MK as well. I don't eat burgers'n sh!it, so no MickyDee's for me. Subway is pretty decent. I still haven't found a place that can make a really good deli sandwhich. Scamp, start an Italian deli and I'll spend most of my money there.

Thai food is great.

My mother visited for 3 weeks and it was an artery clogging orgy :o We pigged out at most junk selling franchises ( I don`t mind it every now and then)

The pizza places aren`t bad.

My favorites are the suki places.

MK without a doubt. Pizza company is far better than Pizza hut. Also a bit cheaper.  the McDonalds and Burger King are shit. Fuji is not the best or Oishi(though its better than Fuji). I also like BBQ

I like Burger king because of Whooper burgers, it's the best

you can get. I have it without cheese and extra pickel, tomato, letus...

Tell me if you can find better beef burgers somwhere else?

I like McDonalds for it's chicken and Taro pie with a hot coffee.

Chickens are testier than KFC and cheaper also.

I like subway footlong roasted beef with everything except cheese.

somtimes mornings i like to seat outside having capachino with their cookies.

I like MK suki and Neo suki, but more time Neo suki because same quality

but more meat variation and lot cheaper.

I like Star bucks, and my favorite is Caramel machaito, Frapachino green

iced tee with some cream on it.

Btw no pizza, and many other italian foods i mean no cheese and meat togather,

i don't like them because cheese takes away the beef juicy test. I can eat, but doesn't mean i like pizzas :o

I like Burger king because of Whooper burgers, it's the best

you can get. I have it without cheese and extra pickel, tomato, letus...

Tell me if you can find better beef burgers somwhere else?

Hold on while i throw up! I havent had a burger in Thailand for a couple of years. Why would you? Anyway each to their own. The Khao San centre used to a nice bacon burger. Better than MDs and BK in my opinion.

I and wife both love BBQ Plaza for both the normal hot plate BBQ and also for the new hot pot Northeast food.

MK is great suki/duck and their normal Thai food place (Green MK) is also good.

Bua can be good or bad depending on the cook.

Skylark is good for a quick bite and at most foodcourts.

And I have no problem eating at McDonald's.

For pizza always got better from Pizza Hut at my home location but will not be buying at the extortionist price they now charge. :o

The american food company in the new shell select garage on the highway,  5 minutes from the end of the express way. (to Pattaya from Chonburi)

Really nice burgers :o

Otherwise thai food, (unless pissed at 4am) :D

Indeed the best ones Dave. You have one also coming from rayong about 2 km behind the intersection with the industry park (forgot the name) on the left side also a shell. Unfortunatly not all shels have them :D

Otherwise,

Burger king

Pizza company

swenssens

for junk food

For the rest i only eat in restaurants.

I like all the fast food chains but don't eat at them too often. As my ol' lady used to say "Sod the doctors, eat whatever you want....but just eat it in moderation". :D

Used to think highly of the Chicken Treat places. Nice roast chicken, decent sized chips, lovely mashed potato (until they changed the recipe and made it taste creamy).

Whatever happened to Chicken Treat? :o

Subway is good and a little healthier then the other fast food joints...The other place with half decent sandwiches is " Au Bon Pain" in the Royal Garden...

Cinammone pretzels' at Auntie Annes' are unique, Starbucks carrot cake is a delight with a Green tea Frappuccino....Pizza hut and Pizza company are highly overrated....Just the hassle of ordering can put you off....they understand jack s**t...in the end you get a stale piece of cardboard with processed artificial cheese which is way :o too dry....

I like all the fast food chains but don't eat at them too often. As my ol' lady used to say "Sod the doctors, eat whatever you want....but just eat it in moderation". :D

Used to think highly of the Chicken Treat places. Nice roast chicken, decent sized chips, lovely mashed potato (until they changed the recipe and made it taste creamy).

Whatever happened to Chicken Treat?  :o

It folded during, or shortly after, the fuss about Pizza Hut franchise. The fact it was in competition with KFC was not appreciated by KFC/Pizza Hut Corp Hqs and they took over Pizza Hut because of it and the old franchise had to rebrand itself as The Pizza.

Chicken Treat did not seem to have Thai or KFC taste and at first was great; but then they tried to adapt a more local taste and nobody ordered anymore.

The other place with half decent sandwiches is " Au Bon Pain"

That the place I was thinking about earlier, really nice sandwiches, have'nt seen many though.

Never tried BBQ plaza or Mr Suki, we are a bit limited up here :D

Forgot about Swensens thats good as well.

I usually eat thai food of "falang" food that I cook myself, but I do like to try these exotic things when I'm in civilisation :o:D

I always enjoy going to S&P whenever possible. Never had a bad meal there and like the coffee items they serve at them as well.

The kid in me never turns away from McDonalds.

I can tolerate KFC, especially when in Udon Thani with the wife and dont want to eat Thai food anymore.

But, S&P would have to be my favorite in LOS. They have a little something for everyone.

The Zinger burger from KFC is a nice hangover treat, as is a Big Mac or Whopper. Actually, I prefer Wendy's or Dairy Queen burgers at home.

For pizza...most Italian owned and operated joints in Phuket offer a tasty slice of Za.

For Mexican...the Old El Paso Taco Mix with Top's burrito wraps, chicken, cheddar, Taco sauce or salsa, lettuce, tomato and onion is by far my favourite homecooked treat. Beats any pseudo-mexican I've tried in Thailand so far. Taco salad and old-fashioned tacos are a close second.

Next to burritos...my fave would be fried chicken and cashew nut done up right with oyster sauce, and a huge helping of steamed rice. I eat that 3 or 4 times a week.

Swensens for an ice cream sunday with the kids after a movie.

hehehe Yep those thaigirls love an ice cream!!

I had my first (and last) experience at Subway last night.

109 Baht for 6 inches of boring sandwich. I can get well fed for that price elsewhere and I can make my own 'real' sangers for half that.

On the upside there was a couple of very watchable customers in there.

• 2 weeks later...

MK is my first choice when dining out with the girlfriend.

I would like to try Coco sometime.

By myself, I like to indulge at Burger King.

Can't stand McDonalds. Getting a tray with fries only and waiting for the burger puts me off. Shouldn't have to put up with that, so I don't.

Au Bon Pain at Emporium, Siam Discover and All Seasons Place get a fair amount of my business.

I'm addicted to Starbucks. Coffee World will do in a pinch.

Used to hate Black Canyon. Still do, as the service is uniformly horrible. But hate it less now that I've figured out to order Cafe Americano for a decent, non-instant cup of coffee. The food is nothing special.

Sizzler is okay once in awhile, but lately I'd rather steer clear. Steaks are overpriced and not that good.

I feel Outback is overpriced as well.

Guess I'd rather go for Tony Roma's.

Haven't had pizza in awhile, but Nirun Pizza is good.

Pomodoro is okay, especially the salads. Only eaten at the ones near Soi 5 and the one near Soi 7, though.

Sim Cafe in Emporium is a joke. Service is horrible. Impossible to flag someone down without making a big production out of it. Got my starter salad before the drinks arrived. Ridiculous. Never again.

I don't like PiriPiri either. Friends rave about it. I thought it was horrible.

I eat a Fuji a lot. Probably too much. Also Sumo.

I will admit to eating KFC. When I am extremely hungry, lazy and rushed, they are a sinful convenience. I like their spicy chicken. Don't know where I could find spicy friend chicken like that on the street.

Don't care what anyone says, you can't beat the ol' big mac and cheeseburger and filet o fish with loads of extra salt on the <deleted> fries. Feel like <deleted> after but good whilst throwing it down. Burger King's fries are ten times better than Mackers'. Thai food is delicious, no doubt about that, but sometimes I get tired of rice day in day out and need a bit of crap every now and then, especially on a hangover. Anyone ever tried Taco Bell in Canada? The melted cheese on the fries is simply, exquisite.

I love them all bar McDs who plaster mayo, ketchup, and all that <deleted> all over their burgers. Unfortunalely the missus says its the best hangover food so we tend to go there a lot so I have to settle for Chicken Mcnuggets which are barely edible.

The best burgers in the Kingdom aren't made in a franchise though but are made by the big guy at the entrance to NEP opp Big Dogs.

Don't see any mention of Diadomon , has to be my favourite (usaully have beer sot as well)). I like MK  but more expensive and i prefer  grilling my food than boiling . Always get that 'kin arroy, kin arroy'song stuck in my head when thinking about MK

I used to eat there but in last few years the food has become cheapened and mostly sliced hotdog type things instead of real meat/fish and gags me. Try BBQ Plaza for a much better grill; if you have not already.