Can You Still Get A Certificate Of Residence At Immigration?

pluto_manibo

• 2 weeks later...
Today, Jomtien Immigration

Was only 200 THB for " fee "

Required 2 pp photos

Utility Bill or house papers

Form

Copy of Passport front page

Copy of Visa STAMP

Was also there today, the lady who issue the certificate is very nice and polite (have dealt with her previously for same). 200 bath as usual but can first collect on Monday as they were extremely bussy today. :)

I think the certificate is valid for one month.

All in all pretty happy with jomtien immigration.

I have not yet paid my new house completely so I don't have the house book, but when I showed her my contract with the developer, she said OK no problem

Oye - Ok, I can never seem to keep out of these dialogs. Um

It is now 3/2010 as of this post. The fee for proof of residency permit for motor license

was 400 baht almost 2 years ago. I was looking to see if it was any different

now. I see pages of posts of people arguing that it's still 200 baht.

How old are these forums?

Oye - Ok, I can never seem to keep out of these dialogs. Um

It is now 3/2010 as of this post. The fee for proof of residency permit for motor license

was 400 baht almost 2 years ago. I was looking to see if it was any different

now. I see pages of posts of people arguing that it's still 200 baht.

How old are these forums?

Always has been 200 baht at Pattaya Imm for me anyway?

Still don't understand why people do not use the Town Hall ?

I have always got 'Certificate of Residence' while I wait [as long as the Junta is in to sign and put the big red seal on]

1st time about 6 years ago had to take a local Thai that was known, they had to sign to say I lived at said address, since then it is simple as I am on their computer, so they just have to type my name and it up... The service is totally free

• 11 months later...

Is it possible to get a certificate of residence with a tourist visa?

I need such certificate for bureaucratic purposes in my home country, but I have not yet begun to rent a condo.

Yes - but you do need a residence!

I got a residency cert 2 weeks ago; needed copy of tabien baan housebook and copy of house owner's ID card, and she had to sign all copies as couldn't attend in-person. We rang them first to confirm what they needed (180km round trip) also my passport & copies of main/phot page and tourist visa pages, 2 passport-size photos.

i did it day before yesterday and collected yesterday. i took copy of passport picture page, copy of house book signed by owner, copy of TM 6 with current visa stamp, 3 pictures required as i wanted 2 copies. charge 400 baht for 2. my ticket number for desk number 7, same as last year but office moved, which is now a little office in the back far right hand corner of the immigration. when collected yesterday sent straight to desk 8 and was handed documents.

i waited well over 1 hour on the first day, 7 infornt of me, even immigration officer asked why i was waiting so long, the lady sergant in there has real attitude problem i spoke politly to her but she is not pleasant, and was more interested in playing with the kids than working hence the long wait. i know TIT but kids in immigration office with mum, not on IMHO whilst i sit outside for 1 hour

must admit until i read Rimmers post i would have staked my life it was number 7, now not 100% either way tell them what you want and they will tell you, form can be a little confusing as to where to but names and dates on the desk there are examples what to put where. 100% desk 8 for collection.

dont forget 12-1 gin cow things really slow down and for the next hour after.

Edited by NALAK

[Does anyone know how long the Certificate of Residence from Immigration is good for ?

Jomtien immigration certificate lasts for 30 days.

not sure here but in Samui was 3 months, should be same here but who knows, going to transport office today so will ask

i did it day before yesterday and collected yesterday. i took copy of passport picture page, copy of house book signed by owner, copy of TM 6 with current visa stamp, 3 pictures required as i wanted 2 copies. charge 400 baht for 2. my ticket number for desk number 7, same as last year but office moved, which is now a little office in the back far right hand corner of the immigration. when collected yesterday sent straight to desk 8 and was handed documents.

i waited well over 1 hour on the first day, 7 infornt of me, even immigration officer asked why i was waiting so long, the lady sergant in there has real attitude problem i spoke politly to her but she is not pleasant, and was more interested in playing with the kids than working hence the long wait. i know TIT but kids in immigration office with mum, not on IMHO whilst i sit outside for 1 hour

must admit until i read Rimmers post i would have staked my life it was number 7, now not 100% either way tell them what you want and they will tell you, form can be a little confusing as to where to but names and dates on the desk there are examples what to put where. 100% desk 8 for collection.

dont forget 12-1 gin cow things really slow down and for the next hour after.

My post was made back in 2009 but now it is indeed counter 7, and is indeed the small room in the far right hand corner and it is indeed a very long wait even if there are only a few numbers in front of you.

Jomtien immigration certificate lasts for 30 days.

not sure here but in Samui was 3 months, should be same here but who knows, going to transport office today so will ask

Passed my test again 3rd time in a year and enjoyed the video yet again, the answer i got was the letter is valid until the visa runs out, mine finishes on 6th April so the residency letter is valid until 6th April. thats what they said there today, however Samui immigration definatly told me valid for 3 months. so pattaya until visa runs out.

great they were all pleasant and polite people, very helpfull, thye did how ever want a copy of passport and current visa which i did not take, i thought a letter from immigration which is required for that would have been sufficient. still only 10 mins away.

• 1 month later...
In any case, I have gotten !! a Certificate of Residence many times without a visa, just an entry stamp, you are incorrect.

Why not??? Have we all signed the official secrets act?. You were fortunate then, how much in the brown envelope?.

Suan Plu wants to see proof of you living at your address, ie & 90 days reporting slip before issuing.

Jomtien must have quite a relaxed regime there.

Hello, welcome to the big world outside Britland where people speak different dialects of English. Sorry but your version of English is no more proper then mine. I don't expect you to speak my version of English so don't go around trying to inflict your version on me.

No brown envelopes needed. A lease or housebook has been sufficient proof of address for immigration as long as I have been in Thailand.

Regarding this thread, the OP was asking about the Jomtiem immigration office. As it seems you have NOT been visiting the Jomtiem office I fail to see how you can assist.

My dictionary says that “gotten” is American.

Hate to bumb an old thread BUT the newer one's don't seem to answer the question as well as does Rimmer

Does anyone know how long the Certificate of Residence from Immigration is good for ?

30 days.

Hate to bumb an old thread BUT the newer one's don't seem to answer the question as well as does Rimmer

Does anyone know how long the Certificate of Residence from Immigration is good for ?

Many places won't accept it after 30 days.

beg to differ but until your current visa runs out, ie visa runs out 30th June example letter runs out 30th June. never had a problem using a letter at anytime if visa is valid. going tomorrow, again will probably get 2 just in case i need another 1 before July 6th when visa runs out. still TIT so maybe all statements are correct but thats what the lady sergant in the office told me a few weeks ago. might take her a few happy pills tomorrow see if she does ever smile.