Immigration Most Wanted

A simple Google search says this:

Thai police capture Australian criminal

UDON THANI, Oct 27 (TNA) – Police in Udon Thani and Pattaya today secured the arrest of a 45 year-old Australian man wanted in his homeland on a string of over 20 charges, including a hit-and-run driving offence against a policeman.

The arrest this morning of Mr. Eric Fenwick outside an Udon Thani shopping complex represented a close piece of collaboration between police in Udon Thani and tourist police in Pattaya, where the Australian had been living.

According to the Australian embassy, Mr. Fenwick has committed over 20 offences in his homeland, from where he fled to escape arrest.

He is first known to have entered Thailand in December 2003, flying out again one month later.

In March 2004 he flew into Thailand again before travelling to Laos in July, returning to Thailand three days later.

Since then he has remained in Thailand, despite his visa having expired.

Raiding Mr. Fenwick’s rented room in Udon Thani, police found print-offs from several websites featuring Thai women looking for foreign husbands.

Mr. Fenwick was known to own a Pattaya bar, which he ran together with his Thai wife.

However, he rarely put in an appearance in the bar, and police eventually tracked him down to Udon Thani, where he was apparently staying with a Thai mistress.

When the police arrested him this morning, Mr. Fenwick claimed to have lost his passport, but police found it when they raided his room.

He has been charged with being in the kingdom after the expiry of his visa, and police plan to launch further investigations into his case.

--TNA 2004-11-09

http://www.mcot.org/query.php?nid=32250

A simple Google search says this:

Thai police capture Australian criminal 

UDON THANI, Oct 27 (TNA) – Police in Udon Thani and Pattaya today secured the arrest of a 45 year-old Australian man wanted in his homeland on a string of over 20 charges, including a hit-and-run driving offence against a policeman.

The arrest this morning of Mr. Eric Fenwick outside an Udon Thani shopping complex represented a close piece of collaboration between police in Udon Thani and tourist police in Pattaya, where the Australian had been living.

According to the Australian embassy, Mr. Fenwick has committed over 20 offences in his homeland, from where he fled to escape arrest. 

He is first known to have entered Thailand in December 2003, flying out again one month later.

In March 2004 he flew into Thailand again before travelling to Laos in July, returning to Thailand three days later. 

Since then he has remained in Thailand, despite his visa having expired.

Raiding Mr. Fenwick’s rented room in Udon Thani, police found print-offs from several websites featuring Thai women looking for foreign husbands.

Mr. Fenwick was known to own a Pattaya bar, which he ran together with his Thai wife. 

However, he rarely put in an appearance in the bar, and police eventually tracked him down to Udon Thani, where he was apparently staying with a Thai mistress.

When the police arrested him this morning, Mr. Fenwick claimed to have lost his passport, but police found it when they raided his room. 

He has been charged with being in the kingdom after the expiry of his visa, and police plan to launch further investigations into his case.  :o

--TNA 2004-11-09

http://www.mcot.org/query.php?nid=32250

Serves the prick right, it's people like this that give the honest traveller/tourist/retiree in the Kindom a bad name. I have no sympathy for <deleted> like him. :D

Hmmm, expiration of visa, wanted on one charge here mentioned, so what was the other 19 for??????? Must be so petty the Aussie pricks have to have him back. As of hit and run, most likely was a brush off on the copper, because the guy interfered with the dude and the dude wanted nothing to do with the cop. This is just a good guess.

Still I wonder what the other 19 charges were????

Daveyo

According to Thai Immigration:

http://www.imm.police.go.th/mostwanted/det....php?image_id=5

MR.ERIC WILLIAM FENWICK อายุ 45 ปี สัญชาติ AUSTRALIA

- Defendant' Reasons for the following charges: "My name is Eric FENWiCK and I live at Unit 12/18 I Marlesford Court in Berwick."

Reckdess Conduct Endanger Serious Injury x3: \

Use Hand Held Communication Divice Whilst Driving:

Fail To Produce Licence On Request:

Careless Driving:

Manner Dangerous:

Speed Dangerous:

Drive on or over to the right of double lines:

Fail to Obay Lawful Direction Given by a Member of the Police Force x4:

Fail To Give Signal Before Changing to the right:

Reverse when Usafe:

Assault Police Member in the execution of thier duty x2:

Unlawful Assault With A Weapon namely a Mortor Vehicle:

Resist Arrest x2:

Failing to appear on bail to the court:

If found please contact Nongkhai Immigration call 0-4242-0242 FAX 0-4241-1605 Email : [email protected]

เป็นผู้ต้องหาที่ ด่าน ตม.หนองคาย ต้องการตัว เพื่อนำส่งรัฐบาล Australia หากพบเห็นหรือทราบเบาะแสติดต่อมายัง

ด่าน ตม.หนองคาย หมายเลขโทรศัพท์ 0-4242-0242 FAX 0-4241-1605 Email : [email protected]

Also I see they say he is a Crimminal. What was this dude convicted of????? Nothing here is mentioned of the convictions. Secondly if convicted most of the time it is hard to get visas to enter other countries except in the thai case, yes a visit without a visa for 30 days. My guess traveling around started to hurt his pocket change and funds went low.

Daveyo

you lot should be ashamed of yourselves.

Driving offences ... so you pillory him.

I don't really believe that I just read this on here.

Anyway, next we will get a thai immigration sponsorship and another for the afp perhaps? Just ask for a logo to put on the website.

Remember poor old "Volunteer" in pattaya? This has to be at least as helpful.

:o

ahhhhhhhhhhh, just petty driving offenses, and its crucifixion time here. This is indeed sick, the fella did not do any crime at all.

In fact we all should be shaking his hand in saying good work my main man, nice piece of work. The guy has to be a genius to not hurt anybody in spite of a pricking cop in Aussie land.

Daveyo

George---> What happened to your sense of Journalism here???? Haven't you got something better to do than cut down a petty driving offense dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For petes sake. Why not talk about the upcoming Presidential elections in America!!!!!!!! It will fare out much better than this piece of what ever you want to call it.

ahhhhhhhhhhh, just petty driving offenses, and its crucifixion time here.  This is indeed sick, the fella did not do any crime at all.

In fact we all should be shaking his hand in saying good work my main man, nice piece of work.  The guy has to be a genius to not hurt anybody in spite of a pricking cop in Aussie land.

Daveyo

George--->  What happened to your sense of Journalism here????  Haven't you got something better to do than cut down a petty driving offense dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  For petes sake.  Why not talk about the upcoming Presidential elections in America!!!!!!!!  It will fare out much better than this piece of what ever you want to call it.

george did not start this thread dave yo,

why on thaivisa.com would the presidential elections in america have more relevance than a thread started by immigration. go to the bearpit.net and vent your frustrations not here.

Sorry ... forgive my ignorance... but are these driving offences..?

Fail to Obay Lawful Direction Given by a Member of the Police Force x4

Resist Arrest x2:

Failing to appear on bail to the court

totster :o

Assaulting a police officer and jumping bail are a little more serious than "traffic offenses".  This is obviously no nice guy with a lead foot.

I agree ... yet people defend him saying he has done nothing wrong... not answering bail is a an offence whether you are guilty or not ! :D

you lot should be ashamed of yourselves.

Driving offences ... so you pillory him.

I don't really believe that I just read this on here.

Anyway, next we will get a thai immigration sponsorship and another for the afp perhaps? Just ask for a logo to put on the website.

Remember poor old "Volunteer" in pattaya? This has to be at least as helpful.

:o

ahhhhhhhhhhh, just petty driving offenses, and its crucifixion time here.  This is indeed sick, the fella did not do any crime at all.

In fact we all should be shaking his hand in saying good work my main man, nice piece of work.  The guy has to be a genius to not hurt anybody in spite of a pricking cop in Aussie land.

Daveyo

George--->  What happened to your sense of Journalism here????  Haven't you got something better to do than cut down a petty driving offense dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  For petes sake.  Why not talk about the upcoming Presidential elections in America!!!!!!!!  It will fare out much better than this piece of what ever you want to call it.

totster :D:D

Wanted for == not convicted == ho-hum. :o

So he's cuffed-and-stuffed and will be sent to Oz to answer the charges against him. Still not convicted. If he's found not guilty or the charges are dropped I'll be interested to see if those who've been 'outraged' at 'his behaviour' post some form of verbal pennance.

History to my attitude:

accused of attacking a pub landlord in 1985;

case went before Crown court in 1986;

prosecution didn't even bother to offer any evidence;

still no criminal record.

Obviously several people on this forum would have hung me on spec. :D

- Defendant' Reasons for the following charges: "My name is Eric FENWiCK and I live at Unit 12/18 I Marlesford Court in Berwick."

Careless Driving:

Manner Dangerous:

Speed Dangerous:

Reverse when Usafe:

Resist Arrest x2:

If found please contact Nongkhai Immigration call 0-4242-0242 FAX 0-4241-1605 Email : [email protected]

เป็นผู้ต้องหาที่ ด่าน ตม.หนองคาย ต้องการตัว เพื่อนำส่งรัฐบาล Australia หากพบเห็นหรือทราบเบาะแสติดต่อมายัง

ด่าน ตม.หนองคาย หมายเลขโทรศัพท์ 0-4242-0242 FAX 0-4241-1605 Email : [email protected]

I can jut see how this may have panned out.

Suspect on deserted inland road after a few beers calling wife to say he'll be home in 30 mins. Passes a policecar containing officious young constables who have just finished studying their rule books 1000km from nearest police station with radar gun in hand

Officer : Hey buddy that is $100 for using your phone.

Suspect : Oh come on mate, no-one got hurt. (We have all done it.)

Officer : License and registration please

Suspect : It's at home (Offence 2)

Officer : And you were all over the road (Offence 3)

Suspect : Oh come on, no I wasn't, your just trying to get me for anything you can

Officer : Hey hey, don't get shirty mate (offence 4)

Suspect : I'm not getting shirty, but I wasn't doing anything

Officer to other officer : And didn't he forget to use a signal back there?

Suspect : Hey you pillocks, what is your problem, I didn't do anything wrong.

Officer : Hey you can't say that, that's insulting an officer, get out of the car you.

Suspect : Nope, all you buggars are doing is setting me up.

Suspect reckons he can make a run for it, reverses the car forcing the policeman to move for fear of getting his foot run over - (Assault with a weapon - don't you love legal speak)

Chases across deserted road for 30 ks in a dead straight line and then finally reckons, buggar it, they've got me. Realises he will probably lose his license and possibly his livelihood, so thinks, hang this police state I'm going to the land of smiles.

Sometime later, becomes the focus of enormous sting operation to nab a bloke who's only initial offence was talking on his phone. By that, the ozzies can lock up half of the drivers in BKK right now.

At least no more traffic jams in BKK.

###### I feel a lot safer now they arrested this criminal mastermind.

Sorry ... forgive my ignorance... but are these driving offences..?
Fail to Obay Lawful Direction Given by a Member of the Police Force x4

Assault Police Member in the execution of their duty x2:

Unlawful Assault With A Weapon namely a Motor Vehicle:

Resist Arrest x2:

Failing to appear on bail to the court

totster :o

The way I read and understood it is that he failed to stop when flagged down by the police 4 times, tried to run them down, hit 2 of them, the car was stopped somehow, he then fought the police hence resting arrest, was bailed by the court and skipped the country thus failing to appear on bail.

Several of them are driving offences, several are assault and deliberately trying to run down any person can be viewed as attempted manslaughter.

They are definitely not trivial offences.

Think how you would feel if somebody did that to you or your family.

Yeah, he broke the law. The silly thing this guy did was not appear in court and flee the country. I have no doubt he would have got no/or little jail time, most likely a suspended sentence and a fine . Don't know if he had past convictions ?

I do thing think alot of the charges against him are trumped up ... careless driving, speeding, driving over double lines, failure to indicate, reversing when unsafe and using a hand held device when driving ...they could all be classed as just careless or reckless driving .Thais reading the list of charges would havea good chuckle I have no excuse for him trying to run down a copper . But, like i say, looking at these charges he would have got off lightly.

He sure is a short bugger anyways :o

Good that the Royal Thaivisa police is on it as usual. I will do my best not to get banned for pointing out that driving offences do not a criminal make.

The scenario with the speed camera sounds good. Add in the wife was having an affair with the mayor, journalistic live one now. Add to that a few Oh My Gods for the nastiness of vehicle as weapon.

Idiots anyone can be done for that if some smart arse cop wants you.

Anyway enough High Court of Thaivisa speaks and forever someone looks this guy up on the internet and thats him fukced. <deleted>.

Careless Driving:

Manner Dangerous:

Speed Dangerous:

Reverse when Usafe:

Resist Arrest x2:

Sounds like the standard prerequisites for getting a Thai Drivers License.

Yeah, he broke the law. The silly thing this guy did was not appear in court and flee the country. I have no doubt he would have got no/or little jail time, most likely a suspended sentence and a fine . Don't know if he had past  convictions ?

I do thing think alot of the charges against him are trumped up ... careless driving, speeding, driving over double lines, failure to indicate, reversing when unsafe and using a hand held device when driving ...they could all be classed as just careless or reckless driving .Thais reading the list of charges would havea good chuckle  I have no excuse for him trying to run down a copper . But, like i say, looking at these charges he would have got off lightly. 

He sure is a short bugger anyways :o

He used to be taller, but the cops knocked the bullsh** out of him :D

Listen up here dudes, this is a classical set up by the aussie dorks, and anyone here should know the digs of the police are really good and they like to trump up charges on anyone, whether it being in Aussie land or in America or in Thai country land.

The only group that is far worse is the prosecutors, cause they can lie their <deleted> off in front of a judge and still look innocent, and even bring in the hics to testify against him (after they go thru a routine run of the mill pre appearance drama)( to get their stories straight).

Anyone with a lick of sense knows half of the charges are faked up trumps 99.9 percent of the time.

In the meantime the accused is having a heart attack trying to figure out how in the hella to get out of this mess while the hics sit back in the audience and eat their ice cream.

I have seen this scenario many times. Why, cause I myself know how to beat traffic offenses. The problem with you dudes, your still in school learning how to say sir and yes ma'am.

Serious, like I said we all should shake this honcho's hand and say well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daveyo

Listen up here dudes, this is a classical set up by the aussie dorks, and anyone here should know the digs of the police are really good and they like to trump up charges on anyone, whether it being in Aussie land or in America or in Thai country land. 

The only group that is far worse is the prosecutors, cause they can lie their <deleted> off in front of a judge and still look innocent, and even bring in the hics to testify against him (after they go thru a routine run of the mill pre appearance drama)( to get their stories straight).

Anyone with a lick of sense knows half of the charges are faked up trumps 99.9 percent of the time. 

In the meantime the accused is having a heart attack trying to figure out how in the hella to get out of this mess while the hics sit back in the audience and eat their ice cream.

I have seen this scenario many times.  Why, cause I myself know how to beat traffic offenses.  The problem with you dudes, your still in school learning how to say sir and yes ma'am.

Serious, like I said we all should shake this honcho's hand and say well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daveyo

You're still incredible Dave. Have you thought of writing children's stories for a living ? :o