Bail Controversy : Court Frees Tourists’ Killer

george

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my role as "Voice of the common man" and webmaster for Backpack Thailand, I am currently negotiating an interview with K.Somchai. I am an expat living in Kan.

It's looking promising..will keep you all posted.

The hard part will be trying to stop myself from punching <deleted> out of him! He is known locally as a bit of a pr**k and all this is no surprise to anyone!

In my role as "Voice of the common man" and webmaster for Backpack Thailand, I am currently negotiating an interview with K.Somchai. I am an expat living in Kan.

It's looking promising..will keep you all posted.

The hard part will be trying to stop myself from punching <deleted> out of him! He is known locally as a bit of a pr**k and all this is no surprise to anyone!

Huh ?

You are going to meet a guy who's just killed a couple 'cause one of them spat in his face ?

And you are making public statements that he's a pr**k & you want to beat him up ?

Might be a short interview...

Huh ?

You are going to meet a guy who's just killed a couple 'cause one of them spat in his face ?

And you are making public statements that he's a pr**k & you want to beat him up ?

Might be a short interview...

Despite my personal feelings, I am going into this in a professional capacity, working closely alongside one of the UK newspapers Bangkok correspondents...

There is justice in the world, in CA the scott peterson trial, a man killing his wife and baby .. was sentenced...SO..don't worry the Brits will send over..SOMEONE to take care of this cork soaker... That's the fact jack..Justice served..end of story..

Justice.. in Thailand.. funny.. JUST US.. or JUST ASS :o

CNN

Sixth hunter shot in deer stand dispute dies.

Authorities name suspect, but no formal charges filed. :D

And all of you, from that country, (click above on CNN to read about it), complaining about Thailand !!!! and the shootings ?????  :D oh deer, oh deer  :D

large.jpg

God Bless this Earth… :D

Long may you run (by) “Neil Young”  :D and our Earth that is...

Was not a song from him “Six dead in Ohio”  :o

Shame really, now in Wisconsin  :D

Sad days all around us.  :D

Yours as always  :D

Kan Win  :D

P.S. at least he had a "Heart of Gold"

Four dead in Ohio.

Could someone in the Kanch area tell us if the court has a public gallery, if so, how big is it?

It would be nice if as many expats, travellers & Thais, turned up as sign of support for the 2 families on (Dec 20?)

The court here does indeed have a public gallery, don't know how many it holds but you can bet your bottom that I'll be there, I already know I won't be alone! :o

from what i read this week in the UK press he is likely to be walking the streets until his case may come up in 2007 , by then witnesses will be bought off , had "accidents" ,

vanished , moved away , and changed their minds possibly thru intimidation .

This must rank as one of the worst cold blooded murders since tourism to LOS started.

and he is walking the streets !

But should we be surprised ? after all Mr Chuwit and his thugs wrecked a complete block of businesses in Sukhumvit road and he is still out of jail and unlikely to ever go there .

and he is now a "potential politician " ,what a joke .

usual story of muddying the waters , creating confusion and delaying tactics , eventually everyone forgets about it and its back to normal !

But then Thailand is one big joke especially the law , Its just one big open air lunatic asylum

so if you go there one of the loonys may get you .

The Chiangmai guesthouse murder > no result .

Alice Bar murder > no result .

Yes this MFP can be terminated. Basically all one has to do is meet the right person here in Thailand from what I understand. Besides he is already a Marked Man. Right now it is literally guaranteed he is going to be found somewhere along a ditch. Even this dude knows his days are numbered so he bails out taking the risk he can buy some time to fix all this up etc before someone pops him. What they are saying is we all got until 2007 to get the job done. Basically the Court is doing all of us a favor believe it or not. Giving us the public to decide what to do and how to do and settle it once and for all. The court if he is still around in 2007 will take matters into their own hands at that time.

It is much better that he is out in the streets. It just makes it that much easier for all of us. Now we simply got to get some bloodhounds to sniff him out and locate his den. If he was in jail, shucks, we couldn't touch him with a swatting fly.

So which do you prefer, out or in.

Up to you. Place your votes gentlemen.

Daveyo

Oh, and by the way with such a high profile case I would dare not even walk out of the house just to take a piss. Believe me, this dude really is scared by now because after all this sinks into his head, he knows that many want him in a body bag in the worst possible way

Daveyo

<admin snip>

The bail itself cost over 700,000 plus baht being 13,500 euros or 17,500 plus usa dollars. That is if the information is correct. So it would not surprise me the Judge most likely got almost the same amount to keep everybody on that side happy.

Secondly, I wonder too where this turkey got all the money from. Somebody had to put up a nice chunk of collateral of something like land and or vehicle to get such amount. Even if it was a car they will only loan you 30% tops on its value, and most likely the vehicle was sold outright. On land, you can obtain a good loan if the area is worth the price. Depends on how the Bank looks at it. My guess is one of the two here took place or both to raise up that kind of money.

In Thailand, MONEY TALKS, THE REST TAKE THE WALK. The administration in Thailand is only interested in Greenbacks, or in thailand, it being brownbacks.

Daveyo

Edited by george

You most likely don't have the killers instinct. If it was me, I will not waste a second and simply pop him right then and there. Finished. No words spoken or time wasted. Justice will be served and society can move on safely. After that I don't think anyone will call for a body bag, and simply let the yahoooo's roaming the streets chow down and have a nice dinner. When they are finished, he gets the usual cremation as standard pro se here in Thailand.

Also it is well known in Thailand of the customs concerning revenge. The victims direct family can in fact do whatever they want to this SOB, and no one has the right to interfere. This is known as the Thai honor system.

By granting bail, the victims family lost face, and the Judge depreciated the seriousness of the offense.

The big question is who will want his ashes and remains in the Urn????

Daveyo

When it cames to this killer cop, couldn't one of us Farangs pay someone to look the other way while we whacked this ######. If all that want is money over justice we've got plenty of that. :o

Yeah, on a more realistic note..... It'd be a nice gesture from the falang community (those who can afford to help anyway) in Thailand to get together and form a fund to fly the families of the deceased over for the trial, etc.

:D

"I have a bit of info about how Thai police do their "evil science".  I might post in separately on a new topic.  You guys will find it's unbelievable..."

Yes Golf I would sure like to read that..

Hi Kiwi_James,

I posted under topic "PART I - The corruption of Thai police: How they do it!"

Enjoy!

When it cames to this killer cop, couldn't one of us Farangs pay someone to look the other way while we whacked this ######. If all that want is money over justice we've got plenty of that. :o

Yeah, on a more realistic note..... It'd be a nice gesture from the falang community (those who can afford to help anyway) in Thailand to get together and form a fund to fly the families of the deceased over for the trial, etc.

:D

I think a fund is a great idea, but what if the killer walks. Is he going to kill again. I f the system won't protect the people who will? If the system can be used to inact justice even if it won't, why not? I hope you don't think I am a nut-job. I ask becasue I wonder how those from the west can protect themselves and help to make sure that thier rights are protected while they are there, when the system turns it's back on them?

From what I read on thaivisa it seems we as people from the west, or maybe just whites, are singled out for rape, robbery, and violence. So,what can we do?

To me, as an expat in Kanchanaburi, the biggest worry is that if this p***k does get away with this (50-50), then it's gonna be "open house" for the old bill to go around shooting any westerner that just happens to p**s them off!

Far from being a militant, but the expat community in Thailand has got to make a stand on this one! Plenty of "Jai yen-yen" needs to be involved, but this guy CANNOT walk!

Let's wait and see the outcome of the first court hearing on the 20th Dec. and take things from there.

Maybe we're looking at regular protests, demonstrations etc. All done peacefully of course, but the worldwide attention and loss of face will highlight the problem.

I have a very good contact in BKK who is the Bangkok correspondent for one of the UK daily newspapers and is keen to help in anyway.

The small expat community here is already waiting to act....I'll keep you posted on developments. Roll on 20th Dec.... :o

Doubt this all could really be blamed on SEA - probably human nature in general.  Read a post here posted by someone who made the point that that hunter in Wisconsin was Hmong which mean basically he was Thai or Khmer so it explains fully how he dealt with his problem like any child would.  Pretty disturbing comment.  Look around you attrocities are everywhere.  Women gang raped in Pakistan because they commit adultry - and it's legal!  Women adulterers in Nigeria get publicily stoned to death.  A woman in Utah cuts off the arms of her infant son and he dies.  Teenagers shooting up or slashing their schools.  Ex President gets his rocks off in the Oval Office with his intern - AND he lets her keeps the dress!  It's madness all around  :o  So don't stop coming to Thailand cause of this moronic bad apple.  You could then make the case to not go to Indo because of what's going on in Aceh.  Don't go to the Philippines cause some girl got raped and killed in the taxi on the way to the airport.  Don't go to the UK cause U might get beat up by a bunch of drunken football fans.  Don't go to Cape Town because you can get robbed there.  Don't go to the US because OJ killed his girlfriend and her boyfriend and got away with it (or because Bush won a 2nd term).

How do you deduce that he'd be a Thai ?

The corruption and disregard for justice is not just against farangs.

The mayor of the hometown of my TGF was shot dead through his

head. No one was found, charged or even raised as a suspect.

Now a mayor has obvious political enemies. And absolutely nothing

was done.

If Thais choose to live and die by the sword and might makes right, it will be a long time before they emerge from a 3rd world status and enter the comminity of the modern world ..... no matter how many skytrains they build.

My sincere condolences to the families of the murdered couple.

• 3 weeks later...

The latest:

Parents of victim ask for justice

Published on Dec 15 , 2004

relatives of British backpackers gunned down in September yesterday sought assurances from Justice Minister Pongthep Thepkanjana that the trial for the policeman accused of their murder would be transparent.

Accompanied by the British Ambassador, David Fall, Graham and Alyssa Arscott, father and sister of Vanessa Arscott, and Brian and Chris Lloyd, father and brother of Adam Lloyd, said they were concerned that Sergeant Somchai Wisetsingh had been given bail.

Somchai, 36, is accused of murdering Lloyd in Kanchanaburi and killing Arscott to cover up his crime.

He was on the run for a month before being arrested in Sangkhla Buri, near the Burmese border.

He is accused of gunning down Lloyd after the Englishman hit him in the face. Then he allegedly ran over Arscott in his car, dragging her under the vehicle for 150 metres, and then shooting her three times.

Somchai confessed to the killings in front of Thai and foreign journalists. He said Lloyd had hit and spat at him and that Arscott’s death was accidental. “She got in the way of the bullets,” he said.

He was released by the court in Kanchanaburi last month after being granted Bt1 million bail, and is now pleading not guilty.

Pongthep said he had appointed Charnchao Chaiyanukit, head of the ministry’s Rights and Liberties Protection Department, to oversee the case.