What Are You Doing If Not Receive Tittle Condo ?

awayfoe

since february 2007 i have the blue book on name of the company ( very well know in jomtien for very big tower )

but i never receive the tittle on my name like stipulate on the contract !

with the corruption here ! as many we know ! what are you doing in this situation ?

<br />Hire a lawyer.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

There will be many scandals like this, I predict. Many developers are skating on very thin ice. Check out the lawyer before you hire him. You can't trust lawyers in Pattaya. I would consider hiring one out of Bangkok.

Not exactly shore what you mean, Have you purchased in your own name? is the building finished?

If so you should have:

A big document (yellow) which is your title deeds.

A blue or yellow house book.

A receipt for payment that details that funds for purchase have come from outside Thailand.

If you have a Friend who can speak good Thai then I would start at the land registry and check it is registered to you, If not I would seek legal advice.

There was another Thread recently that detailed the the for mentioned documents in great detail, I can not find it but I think it got moved like this one will probably be soon as the mods see it.

BB

I am trying to understand your query and it seems English is not your first language so sorry if I misunderstand.

If you bought this condo under a company name then the chanote will have your company name on it.

If you bought it under foreign name then it should have your name as the registered owner.

If you have not received the chanote yet, then the developer has not yet registered your purchase and you must hire a lawyer to find out what the situation is as soon as possible.

It is unlikely that your are being ripped off but you must find out how the property has been registered.

<br />Hire a lawyer.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

There will be many scandals like this, I predict. Many developers are skating on very thin ice. Check out the lawyer before you hire him. You can't trust lawyers in Pattaya. I would consider hiring one out of Bangkok.

totaly agree with you !

in pattaya they are inside the same bag !

but i think the problem like they say in bangkok post today the 49% quota for farang is finish ! it was only for 5 years !

and probebly now we are thousand who face the same situation !

and lawyer just take your money ............................

some more info

i buy on plan 4 years ago

fully paid

building finish

i have the keys

i have blue book but ON THE name of builder

and since 18 month waiting for tittle ON MY NAME as stipulate on the sale contract

<br />some more info<br />i buy on plan 4 years ago<br />fully paid<br />building finish<br />i have the keys<br />i have blue book but ON THE name of builder<br />and since 18 month waiting for tittle ON MY NAME as stipulate on the sale contract<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I think the only way is to expose these develpers. Name them so that others don't also get cheated.

It seems odd that the blue book has the builders name on it?

Also not having the title deeds presented to you when you fully paid, doesn't sound right either as i've just bought a condo off plan and the developer issued me the title deeds the day after i fully paid with a receipt as soon as i paid.

The reason for the one day wait for the title deeds was because the developer went to the land registery office to do all the paperwork and all they needed was a copy of my passport to take with them.

Your situation seems dubious, have you spoken with other co-owners in the building to see if they have a different case to you?

<br />some more info<br />i buy on plan 4 years ago<br />fully paid<br />building finish<br />i have the keys<br />i have blue book but ON THE name of builder<br />and since 18 month waiting for tittle ON MY NAME as stipulate on the sale contract<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I think the only way is to expose these develpers. Name them so that others don't also get cheated.

in front of immigration police soi 5 jomtien beach ...................; same company who suposed to build the biger tower of thailand .......................

<br /><br /><br />

Name a developer in Pattaya? Quickest way to get this whole thread pulled off TV. Mods will quote "libel laws" etc.

some more info

i buy on plan 4 years ago

fully paid

building finish

i have the keys

i have blue book but ON THE name of builder

and since 18 month waiting for tittle ON MY NAME as stipulate on the sale contract

Hi,

I may be in error but I assume the property is a house not an apartment?

:D

I would assume that a decent lawyer could apply to the Court for an injunction which could either freeze the assets of the builder and/or prevent him from using the proprty to obtain/secure a loan ( if not in place already) and also prevent the property from changing title until the matter had been resolved by the Courts.

If as you say,the Builder is in Breach of the contract a competent lawyer would be able to remedy this situation fairly quickly.

If your property is an apartment I would be asking the other apartment owners if they are in the same position, alternatively if it is a house is part of a development bult by the builders Iwould be knocking on the doors of the other owners/occupants to fnd out if they have the same problem.

If so perhaps they would be prepared to join you in taking a joint action against the builder and save you all some money by dividing any legal fee's that may arise between those involved in the action.

Dont bury your head in the sand hoping that the matter will resolve itself, IT WILL NOT!

You have waited far too long already in my opinion and rather than worrying about it day in day out, take firm action NOW, before :o

Best of luck

Roy gsd :

><br /><br /><br />

Name a developer in Pattaya? Quickest way to get this whole thread pulled off TV. Mods will quote "libel laws" etc.

Thenyou could and should POST A LIST OF DEVELOPERS WHO ARE NOT THE COMPANY IN QUESTION! :o

Roy Gsd

I own a condo in the building. Took me a while to extract the title deeds from the developer, but they are in my name. I got the blue book myself by going to city hall with my title deeds; took 10 minutes.

I am guessing, but suspect that the developer has already put title deeds for 49% of the units in the names of foreigners. He is therefore unable to register you as the owner.

As others have suggested, get a good lawyer; quickly. You currently do not own the condo you paid for.

You could also ask your lawyer to investigate why the developer/manager has failed to hold Annual General Meetings of owners or supply annual accounts.

I own a condo in the building. Took me a while to extract the title deeds from the developer, but they are in my name. I got the blue book myself by going to city hall with my title deeds; took 10 minutes.

I am guessing, but suspect that the developer has already put title deeds for 49% of the units in the names of foreigners. He is therefore unable to register you as the owner.

As others have suggested, get a good lawyer; quickly. You currently do not own the condo you paid for.

You could also ask your lawyer to investigate why the developer/manager has failed to hold Annual General Meetings of owners or supply annual accounts.

thank you for your answer Poll

i have the same analyse but you know them maybe...........; i have hause in vieuw talay villa and .......................;

same we never receive convocation for annual meeting of owners

the situation is not so funny soon ............; i guess

mai pen rai !!!!!!!!!!

This sort of thing happens frequently in Pattaya. There is a whole village full of paid for, empty houses out in Takientia(near the Rayong/Bangkok Roundabout) where no one has received a chanote after 2 years. Hence the reason why no one moved in, but lawyers are working on it.

This sort of thing happens frequently in Pattaya. There is a whole village full of paid for, empty houses out in Takientia(near the Rayong/Bangkok Roundabout) where no one has received a chanote after 2 years. Hence the reason why no one moved in, but lawyers are working on it.

same for me i not moving anything inside the condo ! i just take the keys and the condo is empty

Many of you will be aware of my many postings on the subject of buying a condo;

Never buy new and certainly not off plan.

Best buy second hand, there are lots of second hand condos for sale so if you buy new you may not be able to sell easily, many second hand condos for sale are in foreign names and these you can buy in your own name.

Another issue with new is that on completion the developer will have many unsold units so I assume then he will hold the voting rites to these units and will of course be able to appoint his own stooges to the management committee and of course they will be doing as he wants not the legitimate co-owners, when he has sold his last unit the co-owners will probably find the place is being run by a bunch of crooks who will be very hard and costly to remove.

At least if is a few years old you can see how it is being run and maintained.

BB

<br />I was told a couple of nights ago that plan to build that very tall building has been scrapped. Anybody else heard this? Maybe just a rumor.<br />
<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

Rumors are flying thick and fast that that is the case. The tower of Babble!

If a developer has used money from project A to finance project B, then it is likely that the titles from project A are now in the custody of the bank and will not be released until the developer pays his debts. If the developer cannot pay his debts, then the investors of the project A cannot take possession of or sell their units because the units are not owned by the developer.

It's called robbing Peter to pay Paul; and I have a sick feeling it is about to happen again and again in Pattaya.

Edited by prospero

same for me i not moving anything inside the condo ! i just take the keys and the condo is empty

Awayfoe, I am not sure if you are talking about a house or a condo. I thought it was a condo, but then you posted that 'i have hause in vieuw talay villa and .......................; Which is it?

I appreciate that English is not your first language, so maybe you meant condo here.

Prefabs, I live in Takientia, so I would like to know where this is - basically because I am a bit of a 'nosey' so and so and will go and take a look!

yes sorry for my bad english............................

in this topic i speak about a condo and i never receive the tittle on my name

but i live in an hause in vieuw tatay villa but no problem for hause i have chanot and everything ............

but ready for sales .....................

rgds

Awayfoe, I am not sure if you are talking about a house or a condo. I thought it was a condo, but then you posted that 'i have hause in vieuw talay villa and .......................; Which is it?

I appreciate that English is not your first language, so maybe you meant condo here.

Prefabs, I live in Takientia, so I would like to know where this is - basically because I am a bit of a 'nosey' so and so and will go and take a look!

That was my thought exactly when I read the OP.

It is a very common scam these days on off plan developments.

It should be written into the Contract that the unit will be part of the 49% Farang ownership and now that the new Escrow Law is in place it would be wise not to buy off plan unless there is an Escrow Account in place to protect your money.

You should get the chanote when you pay, no chanote no money.

No chanot for condo in thailand and you not answer direct to the question !

What are you talking about ?

Of course there is a Chanote for Condo in Thailand,

and you must have your foreign name (translated in Thai) written on it.

Solution: Hire a lawyer,

but as others I suspect you will find the 49% quota problem... No solution... Sorry :o

Village used to be called Riverside, has big adverts all around the place. All the houses have a swimming pool. Really near a big Wat and a government office(maybe a school).

You should get the chanote when you pay, no chanote no money.

No chanot for condo in thailand and you not answer direct to the question !

What are you talking about ?

Of course there is a Chanote for Condo in Thailand,

and you must have your foreign name (translated in Thai) written on it.

Solution: Hire a lawyer,

but as others I suspect you will find the 49% quota problem... No solution... Sorry :o

So Awayfoe, who's name is on the chanut tiltle deeds?

As already described by hughden the name in the blue house book means little and can be easily changed if you have the tile deeds.

yes rimmer i know that ..............but the topic is what are you doing if you not receive tittle ?

as you i live here since many years ..............................

if so simple and easy i do it before !!!!! you don't think so ???

rgds

yes rimmer i know that ..............but the topic is what are you doing if you not receive tittle ?

as you i live here since many years ..............................

if so simple and easy i do it before !!!!! you don't think so ???

rgds

Sorry Mr Awayfoe your original post is a little confusing.

I gather from the above that you have never received any title deeds just a blue book right?

In that case it is now time to talk to a lawyer, you have no other course of action.