Farang Bar Manager = Dangerous Occupation ?

Pdaz

Jusy had an email from a buddy of mine saying that a well known Pattaya bar manager, Ken (who manages a Walking Street GoGo/showbar) was badly beaten by a group of Thai men this week. Seems that violence against farangs is ever increasing.. This never seemed to happen much in the past. Only occuring on the odd occaision when a drunken tourist had become irate or upset a local. Now I often read about visitors and resident farangs alike being beaten unconcious (or worse) by Thais.. I've lived here close to 20 years and have never had a problems.. In fact I believed that farangs were given alot of leeway and were generallly well respected (as long as they were well dressed and polite) Wonder what initiated this recent attack ?

All the times I've been in there Ken has always been friendly and seems like a nice fella, but I suppose there could be all sorts of goings on that could have led to this... an upset customer, or perhaps someone involved in business. Not good either way. What many people don't realise is that it doesn't cost a lot of money to have a group of Thai men beat someone up.

A guy who owns a bar frequented by Go Go dancers in the sex capital of Thailand gets beaten up ..................shock horror

I don't believe its the selling of alcohol thats the issue.

Really is any one actually surprised this type of incident happens.....Anyhow I hope that the fella recovers and moves on to a better way of life.

Have lived in LOS for a decade in both Bangers and Patters with never a problem. Of course, like someone posted, usually dress nice and always polite...and have never stooped to working in a brothel (no matter how you dress-em up, BBs, discos, and Go-gos are nothing more than). I have never know of a random attack on anyone (thai or farang)...Thais are too lazy and wouldn't waste their energy on such an endeavor. He had business or personal enemies and they wanted some payback. Simple as that.

Have lived in LOS for a decade in both Bangers and Patters with never a problem. Of course, like someone posted, usually dress nice and always polite...and have never stooped to working in a brothel (no matter how you dress-em up, BBs, discos, and Go-gos are nothing more than). I have never know of a random attack on anyone (thai or farang)...Thais are too lazy and wouldn't waste their energy on such an endeavor. He had business or personal enemies and they wanted some payback. Simple as that.

You have lived in Thailand for ten years and never known of a random attack on farangs or thais.

Do you ever go out of the house?

Have you ever read a newspaper?

You have lived in Thailand for ten years and never known of a random attack on farangs or thais.

Do you ever go out of the house? Have you ever read a newspaper?

Yes, I did mean personally and with regards to my friends.

I should maybe clarify that by "random" attack, I refer to vicious apparently senseless ones described in the OP. These I don't believe are ever "random" for the reasons I stated. Sure, I have read about random petty crimes (pick-pockets, purse/chain snatchings, etc.) but random serious violent crimes...no.

Edited by NotNew2You

This one is a difficult one to understand,and to suggest he is some sort of bad guy deserves some bans admin.Lets see what happens with the police and take it from there.The 2 thai guys who attacked ken must have been big,oops i forgot maybe ken couldnt smack them because they have a gun,so brave of these lovely people.

The 2 thai guys who attacked ken must have been big,oops i forgot maybe ken couldnt smack them because they have a gun,so brave of these lovely people.

You want to play big shot and be a manager at a bar in the wild west, then buy some protection! Oh, don't have enough money for that! Oh well, looks like your another nobody trying to be a somebody.

Thais don't beat up those who have power!

The 2 thai guys who attacked ken must have been big,oops i forgot maybe ken couldnt smack them because they have a gun,so brave of these lovely people.

You want to play big shot and be a manager at a bar in the wild west, then buy some protection! Oh, don't have enough money for that! Oh well, looks like your another nobody trying to be a somebody.

Ken's been a bar manager in Pattaya for around 10 years. Whatever's happened isn't because he doesn't have protection, he must have pissed someone off.

Before this gets too far - let's all be clear on the rules.

NO FLAMING OR ABUSIVE COMMENTS ABOUT ANYONE WILL BE TOLERATED.

If the Ken is the one I am thinking of (Living Dolls Showcase) then I would have to say he is in my experience a nice guy who has never done me anything wrong. I will ask Jessie in a day or so and find out for myself.

CB

:o

Personally I reckon this thread should be shutdown, Flame away but what ever happened hasn't got anything too do with anyone else, Ken is OK and that's the main thing, speculation as to what happened and why is why these threads easily get out of hand.

cheers

DT.

Edited by davethailand

Personally I reckon this thread should be shutdown, Flame away but what ever happened hasn't got anything too do with anyone else, Ken is OK and that's the main thing, speculation as to what happened and why is why these threads easily get out of hand.

cheers

DT.

Just because you own a bar as you have stated many times in the past is no reason to shut down the thread. I personally would like to know why it happened if anybody has the actual facts.

There is no reason threads on bar owners should not be discussed, unless of course you’re embarrassed about owning a bar in which case you might not want to mention it so often.

And knowing you I fully expect you to come back with some silly flaming remark that makes no sense to anyone but yourself.

A guy who owns a bar frequented by Go Go dancers in the sex capital of Thailand gets beaten up ..................shock horror

I don't believe its the selling of alcohol thats the issue.

Really is any one actually surprised this type of incident happens.....Anyhow I hope that the fella recovers and moves on to a better way of life.

perhaps he is a heavy smoker and the Thais who beat him up were incited by Seyton Clamour the worldwide renowned anti-smoking activist? :o

We all know Thai(s) don't fight faire - must be some sort of person looking to exact revenge whether it was warranted or not who knows. Hopefully Ken recovers quickly and can elaborate on this.

Once is Alaska a gentlemen informed me of his intentions to turn me into a bloody mess. I responded that if he made one move toward me I would take the fire axx off the wall and bury it in his head. He said "You wouldn't really do that? That's not fair". After some consideration he left.

In real fight (one where one's physical well being and /or life is in the ballance) there is no such thing as "not fair". The only relevant point is to survive with the least amount of damage possible (physical and legal).

"Fair" and "fight" are words that do not go together. Love as long as you can. If you must fight, then fight to win! Fighting is not some sort of organized competition. It is to be avoided at all cost and engaged in as a last result at full force.

I'm surprised that it's been reported as involving only 2 Thais. This is the first time that I've ever heard of no less than 5 or 6 Thai men beating up on one person.

A 2 on 1 situation is the bravest odds I've ever heard of in a fight involving Thais.