Buying A Motorbike On Credit

elephantkungfu

Hi. I want to buy a new motorbike on credit... paying over 2 or 3 years. Does anyone know of any dealers in CM that let a farang do this? I have a Thai bank account, work permit and visa. I don't want to put any Thai friends out by asking them to make the payments for me. Would like to do this myself. Is it possible?

Thanks

Hi. I want to buy a new motorbike on credit... paying over 2 or 3 years. Does anyone know of any dealers in CM that let a farang do this? I have a Thai bank account, work permit and visa. I don't want to put any Thai friends out by asking them to make the payments for me. Would like to do this myself. Is it possible?

Thanks

Do not think it's possible for some reason banks wil give a Thai with a low income a very high loan.

( pay 10.000 baht and drive away in a brand new Vigo). But for foreiners there are other rules.

We are concidered to be rich enough I suppose.

Hope you find a way to get your motorbike anyway.

Thanks

How about a loan shark :o

If you are here with a work permit (disclaimer: I am not in this category) my understanding is that you can apply for and receive credit for retail purchases like this from various lenders, not just the major banks.

Most farang here usually don't bother with the hassle, and get a Thai friend/wife/gf, etc. to sign for the loan. As noted above, the criteria for a Thai national are very liberal, compared to foreigners.

Don't know about the loan sharks...I think interest rates not so bad. Only 5-20 percent....a month, depending on the amount :o

And wear a flak jacket if you don't have the payment on time. :D