In Pattaya, Need Tourist Visa W/in 3 Days... Best Options?

subject pretty much says it all... i have 3 days left on what was my third 30-day stamp in a row, so its time to make a longer journey and get a new tourist visa... what are my best and/or comfortable options from here in Pattaya? i have heard that Laos is the common destination for my needs but the bus trip sounds grueling (and i missed the sunday trip last weekend from a local outfit, didn't know it was only on sunday!). so i am trying to see what others options are open to me at this point, a flight to Phnom Penh isn't so dear from BKK, can a Tourist Visa be had there or no?

would really appreciate any suggestions, either to game plan or Pattaya-based businesses that can help me sort this out by the 16th, last day of my stamp. thx in advance friends, good one to all..!

:o

subject pretty much says it all... i have 3 days left on what was my third 30-day stamp in a row, so its time to make a longer journey and get a new tourist visa... what are my best and/or comfortable options from here in Pattaya? i have heard that Laos is the common destination for my needs but the bus trip sounds grueling (and i missed the sunday trip last weekend from a local outfit, didn't know it was only on sunday!). so i am trying to see what others options are open to me at this point, a flight to Phnom Penh isn't so dear from BKK, can a Tourist Visa be had there or no?

would really appreciate any suggestions, either to game plan or Pattaya-based businesses that can help me sort this out by the 16th, last day of my stamp. thx in advance friends, good one to all..!

:D

You'll probably find that you only have two days. :o

Leaving it late.

Last minute flights and train may not be possible.

Try something different. Bus to Hat Yai tonight (Southern bus station). Arrive Hat Yai tomorrow morning of the 14th. Mini bus to Penang and arrive say afternoon. Submit application for tourist visa on the morning of the 15th.

Sounds simple and its a long way, but maybe its your only option.

thx for the replies friends, so Laos isn't even an option for me, even heading there w/out the benefit of a visa-run/tour operation and going through it alone? is Penang as friendly an option for applying for TV's in comparison to Laos? i could go tomorrow by bus to Udon Thani and from there onto Vientiane... upon closer inspection my actual thai entry stamp states the 17th, not the 16th btw.

i was hoping to score a double-entry TV wherever i went, very open for any suggestions or options, and thx again friends...

Only Vientiane for a two entry tourist visa.

gotcha friend, so... whats my gameplan to get from here in Pattaya to Laos? i know its not going to be comfortable, but i can leave tomorrow at any time to get started... is there any Visa company located *within* Vientiane that i could perhaps hook up w/ once i make my way there alone to help get my TV sorted? the queues i have read about here on the fora sound particularly unpleasant, would be nice to have someone on the other side to assist in that regard even if i end up hitching a ride there... again, any advice would be most appreciated, my wife got me into this late position for reasons i won't bore or horrify those here in the fora w/..

As far as I know there is no visa company in Laos and they do not want applicants using one at all.

ah, understood friend and thanks for the clarification. don't suppose you could recommend anyone either here or in Bkk that can help get me there before my stamp runs out, on 17th? i really let this one slip and just don't know where to head at this point... on 3rd 30-day so its got to be a TV, open to the path of least resistance at this point i must admit but am not finding much online to point my path this late in the game...

...so i am trying to see what others options are open to me at this point, a flight to Phnom Penh isn't so dear from BKK, can a Tourist Visa be had there or no?...

The Thai consulate in Phnom Penh has a reputation of refusing visas to persons who are not resident in Cambodia and for this reason there has not been any post about Phnom Penh for a long time. I would not risk going their for a visa.

--

Maestro

It only takes about 8-10 hours or so to get to Udon or Nong Khai by bus and your permitted to stay until the 17th so it is not a big problem. Take bus to Bangkok and taxi to Morchitt II (North Bus Station) and get a bus to Udon or Vientiane and then local transport to border, cross and local transport into Vientiane. There are also flights. There are also trains.

yep Vientiane is your best option from Pattaya for a TV, as above PP isn't the obvious choice. You might just want to go to Suvarnabhumi and get on any of the air asia flights to Udon Thani (last one is around 4.30 PM) from there it's an easy mini bus trip to Nong Khai and the Lao border, Nok is another option from Don Muang.

If things get too tight you can ask for a 7 day extension to your 30 day exemption stamp at your local immigration office. You will need to provide a reason, say sickness, you or a friend.

I also went to Savannakhet, Laos 2 weeks or so back. It is easy to get a tourist visa there. There are daily buses from Rayong-Pattaya-Mukdahan (the Thai side of the Mekong, sis city to Sav). Get to Muk, take bus from bus station to Sav (1 hour), get visa on arrival in Laos, go directly to Thai embassy (morning to apply), next day pick up.