Roofing

Paddywhack

Hi All,

Anyone know of a reliable roofing contractor that will repair my leaking roof. I suspect that the ridge tiles need rejointing.

Kevin

I am also looking for a reliable roofer. Had mine repaired a few months ago, it never rained for ages after, and then when it did, it was very much the same as it was before, telephone the Roofer guy, and he never showed up. So I am looking now for a reliable one, if there are any in Pattaya?

Hi All,

Anyone know of a reliable roofing contractor that will repair my leaking roof. I suspect that the ridge tiles need rejointing.

Kevin

I am also looking for a reliable roofer. Had mine repaired a few months ago, it never rained for ages after, and then when it did, it was very much the same as it was before, telephone the Roofer guy, and he never showed up. So I am looking now for a reliable one, if there are any in Pattaya?

I realise the need to have it done now as results can be seen when it rains again. I had the same problem shortly after I moved in and the developer had it repaired but only after 5 attempts, Now the problem seems to be the ridge tiles as the pointing must not have been done properly.

Kevin.

I don't even know how this happened, but I had ONE small leak. They came to fix it, and they did, in that area.

The next rain, I had 7 leaks in different areas.

The came to fix those.

Now the first leak is leaking again.

:o

I don't even know how this happened, but I had ONE small leak. They came to fix it, and they did, in that area.

The next rain, I had 7 leaks in different areas.

The came to fix those.

Now the first leak is leaking again.

:o

Tokay, how much did you pay for your submarine?

• 2 weeks later...

And no one has suggested a relaiable roofer/

In other threads about plumbers / electricians / other trades - there have been very few recommendations (if any)

Why do you think there are so many HomePro / Home Works / other DIY stores.

There are very few competent tradesmen in Thailand and those that are gravitate to Bangkok, where the money is.

I have trained many who have worked for me in the Middle East, currently in Vietnam I have two Thai Construction Managers out of the five packages on site. But when they get back into LOS with their overseas money, these people leave the construction industry, where they are constantly undercut by know-nothing monkeys, and go into small shops or buy a lot of paddy or other alternastives. The construction indusatry in Thailand, although not as dire as Vietnam - is anything but professional. And it is restricted to Thais, apart from a few consultancy positions.

My roof don't leak when the sun is shining and when it's raining it's too wet to go up there and fix it.

Most builders use cement to fix the ridge tiles instead of the manufacturers correct dry 'C Pack' type system,

using cement gives the roof a guarantee............. that the cement will crack and it will leak eventually.

Also globs of cement clog the valleys where the roofs join on corners and the water backs up over the edge of the galvanized trough which is usually too small anyway.

My roof don't leak when the sun is shining and when it's raining it's too wet to go up there and fix it.

Most builders use cement to fix the ridge tiles instead of the manufacturers correct dry 'C Pack' type system,

using cement gives the roof a guarantee............. that the cement will crack and it will leak eventually.

Also globs of cement clog the valleys where the roofs join on corners and the water backs up over the edge of the galvanized trough which is usually too small anyway.

Many thanks for the info about C Pack as I never heard of it.Is it available in Thailand? I presume the problems trying to explain what I want not knowing more about C Pack.

Kevin.

• 3 weeks later...